Broken golf clubs question!

lblanto1

Reaction score
Handicap
OK so I have a driver and 3 wood, and The driver snapped at the base of the shaft and five days later the 3 woods face cracked. I'm in sales and keep my clubs in the back of my truck a lot so do you think that

A. They rolled around a lot and broke and was complete coincidence?

B. Can cold or temperature effect clubs and cause problems? Never had this happen before but it's a thought?

C. Combo of A and B

D. None of the above and I have awful luck?

Let's hear it! I'd like to know if anyone has any thoughts on this. Surely it's not a coincidence? Maybe it is I don't know what do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since they broke in different ways I'd say it wasn't in the back of the truck but anything is possible I guess.

Cold weather definitely plays a factor into the condition of clubs.

The cold in the back of the truck probably didn't have as much to do with it as the cold golf balls in the back of the truck being whacked by the cold clubs. I have seen pictures of someone cracking a face by hitting a frozen golf ball that had been left out on the range overnight.

I've got to go with B but.... I'm only guessing!

Who leaves their clubs in the back of a pickup? Might as well add a "take me" sign to them. Store them where it is warm, dry and safe.

Well, it's covered with a hard top,locked and has carpet. I'm on the road 5 days a week and golf can come at any time. It's illogical to think I can take them in and out of hotel rooms throughout the week.

It's dry and safe, but warmth I guess could be the issue which I honestly never knew that cold was a problem as long as they were dry.

How cold we talking? Not too sure cold is an issue. Some (at least one that I know of) companies stress test their clubs by putting them in a deep freeze. Way colder than the back of your truck would ever get.

Low twenties

My guess is maybe they're not secured well back there. Just a guess. If I had them in a truck I'd make sure they were secure, and not bouncing, rattling around, banging into stuff, etc.

How cold we talking? Not too sure cold is an issue. Some (at least one that I know of) companies stress test their clubs by putting them in a deep freeze. Way colder than the back of your truck would ever get.

That's metal (clubface) hitting urethane (ball). Stainless steel or titanium have much broader tolerances in strength even in cold temperatures. Either you're one helluva ball striker or coincidentally both clubs are defective in different parts. You could return them to the club company for a replacement.

I have never had an issue with temps and have left them in my trunk for weeks at -20C and hit range rocks with them. Sucks to hear about your clubs.

Over time hot and cold weather are bad for your clubs.

Sounds like a coincidence. However, I would make sure you store your clubs in the future so nothing can crash into them, especially at the open end by the club heads.

Back