I don't know about my scores walk vs ride because I walked for the 1st time recently, but I did notice I found a lot more balls when I walked vs rode and enjoyed the scenery more
I lose a lot less balls when I walk since I'm walking right to where I think my ball landed. When I'm riding, the landmark I pick out on the tee box all starts to look like all the other trees, bushes, cuts, etc. and I end up losing it.

I haven't paid attention to how I play. I would think if there was any difference it would be minimal in score, maybe 1-2 strokes

I play the same either way. The only thing that screws with me is the tempo of the round. If I get held up at some point after moving at a steady pace because of slow play, that mess's with me a lot more than anything.

I ride -- but if there is 4 of us I walk close to half the way then there is kinda my own caddie -- walking keeps my head in the game better .

I'm trying to get in shape to walk this year. I rode last year after not playing for many years. During my hiatus I had knee surgery and my back hasn't exactly gotten better over time, but I'm hopeful walking will keep my back loose.

I have new clubs, which are lighter than my old clubs, a new carry bag which is lighter than my old bag, so we shall see.

If walking works out I will stilll ride on courses when it is a long hike between the greens and the next tee stations (or overly hilly).

My goal is to walk many more of my rounds this year. I walked a lot last year, going to try to walk even more this year.

I feel like I play better, even if I don't score better when I'm walking. I'm much more relaxed, my swings are better feeling usually. Especially if I'm playing alone, as happens quite frequently. If I ride when I'm alone I tend to rush from shot to shot, so I don't get that cool down period walking from one shot to the next. I need that occasionally.

I genuinely enjoy walking. I think I play better when I walk. My last 2 PB were when I was walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting question. I am an advocate for walking but doubt walking or riding makes much difference in play, assuming the person is healthy enough to walk without getting overly tired. When I played Friday -- first round of the year, and no carts allowed yet -- 2 of the guys I played with were clearly wearing out toward the end of the round, and their play went down a bit. I did tell them that I was OK if they, as younger players, needed to play from the ladies tees due to fatigue. That did help them find a second wind ... ;-)

I split walking and riding about 50/50 and truly enjoy walking. That being said my scores are nearly identical. Riding I have to focus on staying loose and will often walk a few holes if sharing a cart. Riding I stay loose but I have a mild case of plantar fasciitis and my dog is barking by the end.

I have more fun and play faster in a cart, but I think I play better and actually feel like I'm exercising when I walk the course.

I mostly ride now, especially since I bought a cart last year. When it's over 90* in the summer I prefer to ride and appreciate the shade the cart provides. I also prefer to ride when I'm playing 36+ holes which I do about 15-20 times each year. When I play in cooler weather I much prefer to walk. I'm sure when I'm retired I'll go back to walking many of my rounds.

Prefer to walk, but play faster in a cart.

I walk the rounds at courses I'm really familiar with unless it's a charity scramble, but I definitely prefer to ride in a cart at unfamiliar tracks

I've played better when I walk for as long as I can remember. Most better players I've played with have said the same.

I try to walk as much as possible with my ClicGear, it seems to keep me loose and can focus on my next shot as I walk up to it rather than driving over to my cart mate's ball then back to mine. If it's a team event (scramble) or partner event, then I enjoy riding more for the comraderie.

I walk the rounds at courses I'm really familiar with unless it's a charity scramble, but I definitely prefer to ride in a cart at unfamiliar tracks

I'm the same way. First round at a new course I'd prefer to ride. If I know the course I like walking. Walking makes it easier to forget a bad shot.

I'm the same way. First round at a new course I'd prefer to ride. If I know the course I like walking. Walking makes it easier to forget a bad shot.

I play better and prefer to walk but like you guys, if it's a course I'm not familiar with I always choose to ride. Once I know a course and it's walkable, I'll walk every time.

I lose a lot less balls when I walk since I'm walking right to where I think my ball landed. When I'm riding, the landmark I pick out on the tee box all starts to look like all the other trees, bushes, cuts, etc. and I end up losing it.

Agreed! I did notice that as well

I play much more focused when I walk which usually means playing better. I ride usually though since golf now times almost always include the cart.

Prefer to walk any chance I get. Helps me stay in the round mentally.

While my best rounds have been riding, I prefer to walk. I think I play better golf walking, but the numbers do not support that.

Caveat - the course I play at most, I walk, and it is not an easy course. My best round at that course is 82. My PB is 76, with my best 9 hole scores are 33 and 34, neither of which were at my home track.

I haven't noticed any major differences, but I definitely prefer to walk.

I think I play better when I'm walking. Probably not a huge difference. Part of it is probably because I enjoy walking more than riding.

I am kinda split between the two, when it is really hot here in KS I like to ride, fall winter time I prefer to walk. I think I play a bit better walking.

I've walked a few times compared to carts. I haven't ever really noticed a difference in score or anything but I think I enjoy the walking be used you get to enjoy the game more compared to riding past things

Back