THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Played a round today. My back is still in tact so that's good. Shot a 93 but a quad on 18 didn't help. I was a bit rusty dipped to no practice all week letting my back heal. My short game was atrocious. Skulled at least four short pitches around the green. Should have shot an 85. At least I'm still upright so I'll consider that a win.

Played a round today. My back is still in tact so that's good. Shot a 93 but a quad on 18 didn't help. I was a bit rusty dipped to no practice all week letting my back heal. My short game was atrocious. Skulled at least four short pitches around the green. Should have shot an 85. At least I'm still upright so I'll consider that a win.

Health is the most important thing right there good to hear you made it back out and came through it ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Names and Internet handles are just more than I can handle. No offense but once I see faces I' ll be fine, sort of!

By the way I didn't forget the way you hit a three wood! Fantastic!

Names and Internet handles are just more than I can handle. No offense but once I see faces I' ll be fine, sort of!
Just busting balls buddy. I forgot more than one name at my first THP outing. Meeting 40 guys in one night and like you said keeping both forum and real names straight.

Thankfully guys like MikeDean and JB make it easy

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Finally got out today for a quick 9. 3 birdies, 4 pars, single and a double. Both bogeys were from wedge shots between 30-40 yards. Need to work on that range.

Yeah, I don't carry a 3 wood :)

Didn't mean you, CAA_Beat although I'm sure if you carried one it would be long also. Ok, did I suck up enough? Haha

Finally got out today for a quick 9. 3 birdies, 4 pars, single and a double. Both bogeys were from wedge shots between 30-40 yards. Need to work on that range.

Nice 9!

Alright I give, I'm confused!!

Didn't mean you, CAA_Beat although I'm sure if you carried one it would be long also. Ok, did I suck up enough? Haha
I know you meant T2GRN18 I was just letting you know who it was.

And oh I do have a 3 wood. It's about as long as T2GRN18's 5 iron.

You know, it just occurred to me that if I got to play in more of these events I wouldn't have these problems!

Alright I give, I'm confused!!
8704ea26f35f856b2963554a85b07db1.jpg
462d05282f1d50d1bd2e818db8dc299c.jpg

OK maybe this will help if you can name everyone. Perhaps you can earn some captain pick points.

If you can't name the guy in the Red. Then you've got bigger problems than we thought. Ha

Too late, I'm done for!

I see Gary and John. I think we're still paying off fines incurred on the Chicago freeways ...

I guess if that's the deciding factor I'm doomed. Wait until you're my age , you won't remember where you parked you car! My apologies sir!

I was under the impression drinking beer was a prerequisite :banana:

I see Gary and John. I think we're still paying off fines incurred on the Chicago freeways ...

Now that you mention it that was where I squared up with Molten for the rental car and said tolls.

Oh I took care of those. I still think it was worth it - we were rebels who don't want to pay tolls. But I'm pumped to see who gets selected tomorrow! And it sounds like deuce is the stone cold lock of the century of the week!

In less than 24 hours, the teams will be complete. Tomorrow will probably go more slowly than a normal Monday, but that's part of the game. Good luck to everyone!

Got a good round in today with my buddy and we practiced how we would play for our best ball tournament in April. I had my best score 82 on the course but it was a different round than last week. Driver was solid but right and left and my wedge game which had disappeared showed back up today. My buddy made one adjustment and it worked wonders. Gave me a lot of confidence moving forward.

Time to turn the tables for a day!

You are now the Captain for your region. Who are your three picks and why?

Edit: You can only use the folks that are not in already.

1. Emart: don't know the guy and have never seen him play but he has put in all the effort to make this squad. He has to be one of the most active people on THP. Every time I click on a thread he is there. I feel that he has followed the requirements to be active!

2. Cnosil: I have had the pleasure to play several practice rounds with him and he has a good game, plus a good knowledge and experience at RNK that will be a big advantage. He has upped his activity level here and has not been afraid to start some controversial post and share his opinion.

3. CAA_Beat: guy is super active has experience and already has chemistry playing with some of the others.

4. Myself (if I was not the captain): I am active here on the forum, and have really stepped up on twitter more than I have in the past. I have experience playing in competition and have played over 10 rounds at RNK. I know the course well from several different tee boxes and will be ready to win on the morning of July 9. Plus it is 36 holes in the heat of July and not to sound cocky but I am in great shape and have no problems when it comes to conditioning.

I got in a THP call out today to prep for match play. My game tee to green was as good as it's ever been. The work I have put in this winter shoes. Short game and putting was awful but I know that will get better with more rounds and practice outside.

I can't wait to see who joins the teams tomorrow.

Got a good round in today with my buddy and we practiced how we would play for our best ball tournament in April. I had my best score 82 on the course but it was a different round than last week. Driver was solid but right and left and my wedge game which had disappeared showed back up today. My buddy made one adjustment and it worked wonders. Gave me a lot of confidence moving forward.

1. Emart: don't know the guy and have never seen him play but he has put in all the effort to make this squad. He has to be one of the most active people on THP. Every time I click on a thread he is there. I feel that he has followed the requirements to be active!

2. Cnosil: I have had the pleasure to play several practice rounds with him and he has a good game, plus a good knowledge and experience at RNK that will be a big advantage. He has upped his activity level here and has not been afraid to start some controversial post and share his opinion.

3. CAA_Beat: guy is super active has experience and already has chemistry playing with some of the others.

4. Myself (if I was not the captain): I am active here on the forum, and have really stepped up on twitter more than I have in the past. I have experience playing in competition and have played over 10 rounds at RNK. I know the course well from several different tee boxes and will be ready to win on the morning of July 9. Plus it is 36 holes in the heat of July and not to sound cocky but I am in great shape and have no problems when it comes to conditioning.
I'm honest to god pulling for you Lynchburg.

i mentioned a tiebreaker between Mizunofan with social media. I may not be followong you, but I thought I had added most of the region guys. What's your Twitter?

I'm honest to god pulling for you Lynchburg.

i mentioned a tiebreaker between Mizunofan with social media. I may not be followong you, but I thought I had added most of the region guys. What's your Twitter?
Lynchburg14 and thank you.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Lynchburg14 and thank you.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
yep. I was following you. Nice job on the tweets!! It was just a crazy busy week for me. So I missed a lot here and on Twitter.

however it all shakes out, I'll be down there anyway and looking forward to meeting you.

Back