Bridgestone J715 Driver

O. H. You are making me put my J715 with Tour AD-DI 6s shaft back in play. What difference did you find between the J715 and J815 with the Tour ad-di shaft?

If you had a shaft that was a lower spinning shaft, do you think the J815 would be longer? How close in terms of forgiveness do you think they are? I already know these answers, just wanting to see if my results are not a fluke.

Thank you.

O. H. You are making me put my J715 with Tour AD-DI 6s shaft back in play. What difference did you find between the J715 and J815 with the Tour ad-di shaft?

this setup is very solid. It's the one I gamed for a few months.

Any interests in swapping a 10.5 J715 head for a 12??

Anyone? have 10.5 need a 12

Misstated I want to trade my 10.5 head for a 12 head. Or even whole thing got a 10.5 with fujikura pro 63 stiff looking for a 12 with a AD Di6 stiff combo. For my son. He bombs my setup straight and long we can't get the 10.5 to stop moving so much.

I have been gaming this driver all year. And I love it. It's very forgiving. You can tell where you hit it on the face just by the sound of it. I seem to hit it 15-20 yards further than the J40 and about 25 yards further than the Cobra Amp Cell. I've hit some of the longest drives of my life with this beast. I had a few week stint where we didn't get along and I was fighting snap hooks. But that is long gone and back to bombing fairways. I don't see myself changing it anytime soon unless it gets damaged and I have to get another J715. I have been hitting some nice draws with it. I still haven't tinkered with changing the weights. I like it the way it came from the factory.

After way too much tinkering with shafts I finally settled with the shaft I got at the Legacy event - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.2 (stiff). I hit that shaft really well in Myrtle Beach but wanted to see if another profile of shaft would work better for me. In the end I kept coming back to the Fujikura. It's cut shorter than a normal driver shaft - a minor goof from the order that I originally placed - but the shorter shaft actually has worked out perfectly for me in this driver head.

I went out for a quick 9 holes this morning and hit 4/6 fairways. One miss was a fairway bunker on a par 5 and the other was just in the first cut of rough on another par 5. I still ended up making par on both holes, so nothing lost from the missed FIRs. Despite that, however, I was hitting drives easily 10-20 yards further than I ever have at this course.

It's weird because for the past few years I've been so unsettled with my drivers that it seems like I was bouncing from one to another after a short period of time. I can honestly see myself gaming the J715 for a long, long time. It offers everything I need for my game - phenomenal distance, low spinning, and plenty of forgiveness.
You wouldn't happen to be bringing the J715 and 815 to FL next week, would you?

Bridgestone J715 Driver

Hit this driver today in anticipation of the Disney Bridgestone championship this weekend!. All I can say is I can't wait to play with the driver more. One of the first new release drivers, actually in a long time, that I almost walked out the store with after hitting it for the 1st time. Pleasantly surprised!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I was bombing this driver yesterday at Day 1 of the Bridgestone Championship. Going to post my thoughts after today's round! This will be my gamer for a while...just putting it out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping to get my hands on the J715 at some point soon after having good success with the J40. Glad to see so many folks getting along with it so well.

I am hoping to get my hands on the J715 at some point soon after having good success with the J40. Glad to see so many folks getting along with it so well.

Have played both I think you will really enjoy the J714, IMO leaps and bounds better than the J40.

I love this driver. When I'm on it just flies! Lately I've had a few pushes with it. But I will work it out. BTW... I saw someone pound this driver the other day. So much so that he hit the distance on the fly that his GBB rolled out to. And I watched him do it again. Needless to say he told me to keep it away from him.

jdtox... Comments??

I have a question... Once over the summer and then yesterday during my sim round the shaft screw came loose. Since you have to make sure the wrench clicks to know that it's tight, makes me wonder how this could come loose. It actually happened on one of my drives yesterday. Felt like I put a good swing on it but it sounded terrible and the ball only went about 190 yards. Has anyone else have their shaft screw come loose while playing?

For rules sake, what's the call on this scenario? If a club head comes loose are you allowed to tighten it back up with out adjusting it or do I have to play it as it is. In which case, I would just leave in bag and tee of with 3w. Just thought I'd ask.

Played on the sim yesterday. It seemed as if I was getting too much launch. Which I hadn't noticed that number on the sim. I was launching in the 17* range and getting 230-240 carry with basically no roll out. I'm not sure if I was teeing it up higher than normal since the tees they had were fixed and not adjustable. Only 3 different sizes. I haven't played with the adjustments yet. For those that have, how would I adjust this to bring the flight trajectory down? I know it's been mentioned but this thread is long and I don't have the patience to search right now.

Hey Bullfrog , I've played with the weights a little to see the effect. My normal setup is 12 heal 4 front face, I have noticed a much lower flight going to the 6-8 in the face when the wind picks up at home I go to this set up. And I am playing a 12 degree head and love the launch I am getting.

Actually did the same thing with my hybrid I have a 8 gram in it , flight is low and it just is incredible in distance.

Last edited:
So I got to spend sometime with this driver at a local demo day yesterday and all I can so is wow. I was NOT expecting the feel or performance (without seeing numbers) like it was. After gaming the J40 for a while they are night and day difference. Maddog can attest I was absolutely smoking the ball with it. I was just hitting missiles. The shape at address is fantastic. I love the glossy look with no alignment aid and the feel of the ball coming off the face was like nothing I've felt in a driver. The rep Randy was explaining some tech behind it and it was impressive. I was swinging the stock shaft the Fubuki ZT and he said I could game the X flex with a high loft and have a bit more control or go Stiff and a lower loft and probably get a tad more distance. I would love to get on a monitor with this thing. Serious serious ponder mode with this one.

This thing does look great at address... I went in looking for the JGR yesterday, but the shop did not have one. They have the 715 so I took a look but didn't get to hit any... I must say, I am seriously interested in this one, but from reading, people are saying it isn't that forgiving?? How does it compare to the J40 445 in terms of forgiveness? I have a Fly Z on the way, so if that doesn't work out, I think i may take a shot at this one or the JGR, but I really like the clean look of the 715, though.

So I got to spend sometime with this driver at a local demo day yesterday and all I can so is wow. I was NOT expecting the feel or performance (without seeing numbers) like it was. After gaming the J40 for a while they are night and day difference. Maddog can attest I was absolutely smoking the ball with it. I was just hitting missiles. The shape at address is fantastic. I love the glossy look with no alignment aid and the feel of the ball coming off the face was like nothing I've felt in a driver. The rep Randy was explaining some tech behind it and it was impressive. I was swinging the stock shaft the Fubuki ZT and he said I could game the X flex with a high loft and have a bit more control or go Stiff and a lower loft and probably get a tad more distance. I would love to get on a monitor with this thing. Serious serious ponder mode with this one.

Jimmy finished up and handed this to me to take a few swings with. I can't get into the same detail other than to say it felt really good. Ball flight was a little lower than I'm used to but not in a bad way.

its ts a seriously good driver. I actually miss having this in my bag. The feel is something different with the milled face.

The J715 is an amazing driver. I have played about 6 rounds and it has officially kicked the J40 out of the bag. At set up this club looks fantastic and I do enjoy the sound off the club face.

The J715 is an amazing driver. I have played about 6 rounds and it has officially kicked the J40 out of the bag. At set up this club looks fantastic and I do enjoy the sound off the club face.

I would love to hit this with the hzrdus. I played mine with the addi 6s and wish I had the 10.5 head with that shaft.

I like the 715 but the 815 was money for me!

I'll chime in later this week when I take this back out to the range with a Diamana Ahina ion 60 TX shaft.

Finally got to hit this thing today... I am really impressed. I think I am going to pass on the JGR.... I was in a simulator but just about every shot I hit was straight and long. Kept up with the best shots I could hit with the LTD, M1, and Vapor Fly drivers... The Nike may have edged it out on a couple but diversion was great with the 715. Stock Fubuki in stiff felt great too. This will new my new obsession. Great driver!

Back