THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Harv and Maddog striking fear in team NE

441e8fb3dc71d8dd864de7e0f5c79199.jpg

Leave it to Upstate NYers to be golfing in shorts and short sleeves with frozen ponds. Doing work!

5c8ee1e3b5caf0e6cfe3d72b386fbf29.jpg

Had a great day with these guys! First non frozen round of the year and it offered some great insight on stuff to work on. Tee game was surprisingly strong, irons and wedges were struck solid but need to dial in the numbers so I choose the right one, and chipping and putting need some work! But what a day to spend on the course with that crew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to tighten up tee game, this dictates how aggressive I can be on the hole.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Since the WNY folks have gotten out on the course, I think it's safe to say we're officially in golf season!

So, what's everyone focused on improving ahead of the event? I know russtopher said he's working on bunker play. I'm dead set on getting my performance from 125 in worked out - I'm loosing too many strokes on half wedge shots I'm not getting close.

Yup this is me too. I felt like this was the one area last year that i didn't improve on, and it cost me big

Yup - bunker play is a big weakness for me as I have nowhere to practice it save for the course, so that's among the top of my list. I have my first lesson of 2016 today, so I'm excited to get back into focused practice to get my swing into shape for Regional Rivalry.

Yup - bunker play is a big weakness for me as I have nowhere to practice it save for the course, so that's among the top of my list. I have my first lesson of 2016 today, so I'm excited to get back into focused practice to get my swing into shape for Regional Rivalry.
Not many places have practice bunker and if they do the sand is like concrete so it's not an accurate test of what you'll run into in a round. There's one up the street from me at Ridders but "sand" is terrible and there's nothing to aim at!?!?!? I take my alignment rod and jam it into the ground and use it as a target but there's no way to judge roll out because it's on regular grass.

Yup this is me too. I felt like this was the one area last year that i didn't improve on, and it cost me big

Yeah - part of this has gotten better as my full swing has become more consistent, but there's still a ton of work to be done there for me. My big issue was not having enough time to reroute the club on half shots, and either coming in with a wide open blade or hitting off the hosel. Now I just need to work on getting those distances dialed on, and staying down through the shot so I don't yank those.

Getting out there today (hopefully) and Saturday. Saturday OITW and I are getting some best ball match play in.

Team NE has no fear!!

That's only because you don't yet understand it. And its not really your fault so don't feel bad. You just haven't come across anyone to properly introduced you to it. But fortunately for you its your lucky day because this is our area of specialty. So allow us the honors.
New England:embarrassed:..........Say hello to Fear.:skeleton:.......and meet his two brothers,... happy :angry:and smiley:sinister:

Since the WNY folks have gotten out on the course, I think it's safe to say we're officially in golf season!

So, what's everyone focused on improving ahead of the event? I know russtopher said he's working on bunker play. I'm dead set on getting my performance from 125 in worked out - I'm losing too many strokes on half wedge shots I'm not getting close.

Ball striking across all my irons & woods, tempo, greenside bunker play.

Plenty of things to work on.

Maddog looks like a guy who is ready to kick some butt. At 1/2 the size he used to be too.

So, what's everyone focused on improving ahead of the event? I know russtopher said he's working on bunker play. I'm dead set on getting my performance from 125 in worked out - I'm losing too many strokes on half wedge shots I'm not getting close.
Putting, putting and more putting.

There are 2 places near us for bunker practice. Caddyshack in Westport has a practice bunker near the grass tees, and you are welcome to use the one at my home course anytime (just have to be out there with a member).

There are 2 places near us for bunker practice. Caddyshack in Westport has a practice bunker near the grass tees, and you are welcome to use the one at my home course anytime (just have to be out there with a member).

Have you actually tried that bunker at Caddyshack? Packed down & rock city. No Bueno.

Have you actually tried that bunker at Caddyshack? Packed down & rock city. No Bueno.

No I just know thy had one. Let me know whenever you want to head to Montaup then for some practice.

I'm working on just keeping my ball in front of me and getting it in the hole with as little strokes as possible. It worked for me pretty dang well in 2014 leading to and at the Morgan Cup. Last year I focused way too much on making the perfect swing every single time. I'm going to work on my swing at the range but I'll be most working on trusting it at the course and not over thinking everything.

rhythm and timing, when it is on ball striking is great, when it is off, it is just a little off, I am surprised at how close I am at this time of the year!

It is RIDICULOUSLY nice out today! (and I'm stuck in my office) That is all...

That makes 2 of us

I just walked to the deli next door to grab a sandwich, big mistake because now all I can think about is how nice it is out there.

I just walked to the deli next door to grab a sandwich, big mistake because now all I can think about is how nice it is out there.

Yeah I knew it was nice i ran out for lunch with a coworker wish i had brought my putter and went to the putt putt across the street

It is RIDICULOUSLY nice out today! (and I'm stuck in my office) That is all...
No kidding...this is my day...dead camera on 30k alignment rack
13d890a93bb0f4f97e6f2d4cb91ebfb8.jpg

Yeah I knew it was nice i ran out for lunch with a coworker wish i had brought my putter and went to the putt putt across the street

If I didn't get pulled into a project to compensate for some else's lack of work I might have been able to skip out.

At least you get to move around, chained to a desk here.

I would say it is a little out of alignment!!!!!

at least I am getting overtime pay for 8 hours today

1c9da1e158e29b1667e894f7e2e2a046.jpg

Not to rub it in but I got another 18 in today :alien:

1c9da1e158e29b1667e894f7e2e2a046.jpg

Not to rub it in but I got another 18 in today :alien:

I'll take your 18 and raise you 36 tomorrow and another 18 Friday

Back