deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Have struggled with the driver for awhile, but then I switched to the brush tee for a consistent height and the tee game has improved considerably. Coincidence, or something behind being able to tee it up precisely each time?

I think there is substance to this. I use the THP epoch tees that have the lines painted on them for the same purpose. Our swings are inconsistent enough as amateur golfers, so taking the inconsistency out of tee height seems like a good idea to me.

Have struggled with the driver for awhile, but then I switched to the brush tee for a consistent height and the tee game has improved considerably. Coincidence, or something behind being able to tee it up precisely each time?

I had the same experience with them many years ago and really liked them. I now use THP Epoch tees and find that I can consistently get them the height I want. If it's working for ya keep rollin with it.

Tee height

What height of the brush tee are you using? I struggle as well.

I tried them but then I chunked the driver and who knows where it went. I do that to often to play them regularly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Consistency of height I'd say has something to do with it. I use the ball to measure my tee height even though I use epoch tees the shortest marking is still higher than I like the ball.

I use a plastic stepped tee 3 1/4" high. Very consistent with ball tee height. Been using them over a year no0w and broke one and that's it. Very robust.

s-l225.jpg

I use a plastic stepped tee 3 1/4" high. Very consistent with ball tee height. Been using them over a year no0w and broke one and that's it. Very robust.

s-l225.jpg

My pops uses these and like them.

i'm not very consistent. it's more of a "feel" thing. sometimes when i tee it up, it seems too low, and vice versa. i just adjust until i'm comfortable. i'd say your recent success is probably in your head.

I noticed when I broke from the "tee it high and let it fly" mindset and moved the ball height down a bit, I got a lot more consistent. I still have a bit of a two way miss, but now we're talking in the rough rather than the adjoining fairway. I make a point to check the ball height measured against my driver head before I get into my stance, no more than half the ball above the crown.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I play Stinger tees and I'm about to order 1000 of the white with orange stripes to see if I can get some consistent tee height with them.

I'm using the THP tees with the markings on them. And I can say it has made a difference knowing it's teed to the same height every time.

I use the THP Epoch tees and try to tee it up on the same line each time.

Before the yards come in, the inches at setup matter first. Half a ball above the crown of the driver.

Last year I was using a 3-1/4" tee that I stuck in the ground about 1/4"... so this year I'm going to the 4" tees for driver. and 1-1/2" tees for irons and other clubs. I'm about 3/4 of the ball above the top of my driver and play the ball even with my left big toe.

I had bought some of those brush tees about ten years ago and really liked them. Have definitely lost them by now but I really want to pick some up again.

I use also use the epoch tees with the markings, and keeping the height consistent each hole.

I am going to be using taller 3 1/4 driver tee's from now on. using a 2 3/4 tee at the end/tip is not quite enough. I am getting my best LM numbers with my current combo with a 3 1/4 tee off my middle toe. The trajectory is very high..prob 16* LA, Vs my draw shot (which I play well) from teeing back more and less open face angle. The hang time is awesome and the height of the ball is way up there. The carry is approx 280y @ 104mph and I am in new zip codes. My spin is so low I can pull this shot off straight into 10-15mph wind and keep penetrating forward with Srixon Z-Star XV's
I kinda like the Martini Tee and the Greenkeeper 4 Yards More Golf Tee

Definitely something to a consistent tee height really like the THP epoch tees for this

Consistent tee height is important if you want to hit a consistent spot on the face up and down.. Without a high tee I Catch it too low on the face because of an upward AA.. I have played a round with pretty high tees and prefer too high over too low!!! Want less driver spin. Tee it high..and catch on the up.. You will have to make adjustments because your path is on the up and moving left... I.e. ... Aim more to the right than normal... His much depends on how much u hit up it.. I think this is why the pros hit slightly down on driver...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely something to a consistent tee height really like the THP epoch tees for this

That's why we love working with them and the tees will continue to be marked.

That's why we love working with them and the tees will continue to be marked.

And I hope you do, otherwise I'll need to make a run on them in the store.

I tee it wicked high and let it fly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back