Bridgestone J715 Driver

So I got to spend sometime with this driver at a local demo day yesterday and all I can so is wow. I was NOT expecting the feel or performance (without seeing numbers) like it was. After gaming the J40 for a while they are night and day difference. Maddog can attest I was absolutely smoking the ball with it. I was just hitting missiles. The shape at address is fantastic. I love the glossy look with no alignment aid and the feel of the ball coming off the face was like nothing I've felt in a driver. The rep Randy was explaining some tech behind it and it was impressive. I was swinging the stock shaft the Fubuki ZT and he said I could game the X flex with a high loft and have a bit more control or go Stiff and a lower loft and probably get a tad more distance. I would love to get on a monitor with this thing. Serious serious ponder mode with this one.
Nice to see that you got to give this a go Jimmy! I put mine back in the bag this weekend. Friday was awful, but yesterday was just straight drives, one after the next. I threw in a couple of draws too. I get more roll with the 715 than I have with any other driver. I'm not sure if it is the milling on the face or what, but I like getting that bit of extra roll.

JM

Nice to see that you got to give this a go Jimmy! I put mine back in the bag this weekend. Friday was awful, but yesterday was just straight drives, one after the next. I threw in a couple of draws too. I get more roll with the 715 than I have with any other driver. I'm not sure if it is the milling on the face or what, but I like getting that bit of extra roll.

JM
I would love to spend some time on a launch monitor with one to see what the numbers would be like, but just going off of feel and the ball flight I could see from inside the dome I could bag one no problem!!

This driver always creeps back into my ponder list. If I get another it will be the10.5 head.

Gonna revive this dead thread, hope some one out there is still interested...

I'm pondering picking up a J715 now that the prices are so low. Can anyone compare this head to either the Srixon Z-star or Srixon 545? Those are the two drivers that I've used and enjoyed the most in recent years. I've always been a Bridgestone iron fan but the woods haven't worked out for me so far. The J40 was too low launch/spin for me and the J38 didn't do it for me either. If I take the plunge, it will be either the 10.5 or 12 degree head. If anyone has a lead on a 12 degree head, feel free to PM me, they seem a little hard to find.

Can't help you out in comparison with the other style of heads. But I play a J715 12° head with a AD di 6S shaft, Love the combination. Very explosive off the face I'm playing with guys that hit drivers that are 8 1/2° sometimes lower and I stay right with them and usually better dispersion. Did not like the heads between this and the J33R . Actually still have my J33 head will never get rid of it just like my J715. Will be Tryan an epic just to try to see in comparison but have to wait till February to get fitted for one. I will keep my eyes open for a 12° but they are hard to come by. Try Diablo up here he might be able to find you one

I've only taken a few swings with the Srixon 545 but I found that to spin more for me than the J715. I also had a J40 12* and found my J715 10.5* to launch higher but they also had very different shafts, j40 had speeder vc6.2 and j715 had addi 6R1. If you are looking for forgiveness and not low spin/launch I would look into the J815 in 10.5 vs the J715 in 12*. Both are great drivers and once you start hitting great drives you forget about the ugly crown on the J815 or you can always get it painted.

This driver is lower spinnimg than what's in the Srixon z355, 545 and 745 line. It's has a more muted sound as well. The Srixon had a very loud tingy sound. I liked both the z645 and j715 but I preferred the j715 sound and the slightly lower flight

I've only taken a few swings with the Srixon 545 but I found that to spin more for me than the J715. I also had a J40 12* and found my J715 10.5* to launch higher but they also had very different shafts, j40 had speeder vc6.2 and j715 had addi 6R1. If you are looking for forgiveness and not low spin/launch I would look into the J815 in 10.5 vs the J715 in 12*. Both are great drivers and once you start hitting great drives you forget about the ugly crown on the J815 or you can always get it painted.

Really appreciate the quick replies everyone!

I'm not really a player that benefits from low spin/launch. I'm kind of middle of the road in that I like mid spin/launch, with a little workability but reasonable forgiveness. It sounds like the 12* head may be a better fit for me.

Call me shallow, but I just can't get over the J815 crown graphics. I like bright colors in general, just not on the crown of a driver. I actually don't even like to have an alignment mark, gotta be totally clean for me. Also, it sounds the the J815 might be more towards the game improvement side of things in terms of launch and workability, which is not quite what i'm looking for.

Thanks again for all the great responses!

Really appreciate the quick replies everyone!

I'm not really a player that benefits from low spin/launch. I'm kind of middle of the road in that I like mid spin/launch, with a little workability but reasonable forgiveness. It sounds like the 12* head may be a better fit for me.

Call me shallow, but I just can't get over the J815 crown graphics. I like bright colors in general, just not on the crown of a driver. I actually don't even like to have an alignment mark, gotta be totally clean for me. Also, it sounds the the J815 might be more towards the game improvement side of things in terms of launch and workability, which is not quite what i'm looking for.

Thanks again for all the great responses!
You know Matt Kuchar plays the J815, right?

matt who? c.a.eleric plays the j815. mic drop

seriously though the j815 is the driver for the rest of us. it's so forgiving, launches great and spins in the way most of us need. yes, it looks awful but it performs so well. i really wish 1) people would try it and 2) bstone would make it even better and put a more traditional finish on the crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt really mean to imply that I'm too good for it, if that's what it sounds like. I'm definitely not. I just don't think it's the direction I'm looking to go with this particular project. im looking for something that splits the difference between forgiveness and playability. Seems like there are a lot of irons now that fill this niche but drivers still seem to fall into 1 of 2 categories for the most part.

Didnt really mean to imply that I'm too good for it, if that's what it sounds like. I'm definitely not. I just don't think it's the direction I'm looking to go with this particular project. im looking for something that splits the difference between forgiveness and playability. Seems like there are a lot of irons now that fill this niche but drivers still seem to fall into 1 of 2 categories for the most part.

not trying to talk you out of your project and you should definitely do what's going to make you enjoy the game the most, but i would say the j815 is very playable. the only player i could see not getting on with the j815 is a player who needs lower launch and a drop in spin. just my thoughts without doing any expanded testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that know how to adjust this club. How do I adjust this to lower ball flight?

E5310313-D683-4581-AD8C-9A6112DE1200_zpsrjosbojt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ha ha...

2b2849a51244151794b811e389321c90.jpg

Ok the shaft I ordered to put in this wasn't for me. So, now I have the same shaft I originally had coming. It's not the arrow, it's the indian! I really need to remember that the next time I snap a club.

Hello. Anyone still playing this? I just acquired a new head and curious how it holds up to current offerings. Thanks

Back