Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

Played 36 the last 2 days and had the 58W working its tail off, can't say enough about that wedge and how it fits my game, I think after today and I can safely say it's about my 95 yard and in club and I love it! Nice click on the strike and have seen great spin on some soft, yesterday, fluffy, today, fairways. Really haven't dialed in the 54S I only had maybe 2 shots with it the last 36 holes, I expect it will be perfect in the gap that it fits but I just haven't found that spot and acquired that feel for it yet. That 58W speaks for itself though, such a weapon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for those of you gaming these. I have the 54 in the W grind and I get along with this club fantastically.

I'm looking at picking up one of the shamrock ones in 54 S grind.

How much difference is the performance going to be for me?

I use my 54 primarily on full shots, chips and pitches and longer bunker shots.

I don't think I'll see much difference in shaft performance going from the DG Steel to the DG TI Onyx.

Definitely picking up a Shamrock wedge just for the heck of it. My birthday is St. Patrick's day so the wedge just kinda fits with me! I likely won't even use it, I just want a nice looking stick to maybe hang on the wall or something.

Nice Birthday! (Mine too) and I was thinking the same thing. Nice stick to have.

Nice Birthday! (Mine too) and I was thinking the same thing. Nice stick to have.

Do it! I decided I might use it but it would be hard to boot the PM Grind out. I may just swap them back and forth depending on the day's mood. Pre-order placed!

I have a 58 PM Grind wedge as well. I teetering .....

Question for those of you gaming these. I have the 54 in the W grind and I get along with this club fantastically.

I don't think I'll see much difference in shaft performance going from the DG Steel to the DG TI Onyx.

I have a 56 in S that I have had no problem with. The sole on the 54-56 S is actually bigger than the 50-52 S (or at least appears that way when held next to each other), so you still will have a fairly significant sole on it. Shouldn't have a problem at all.

I've got the S grind in a 52 - if you want you can take some swings with it tomorrow. Not the same exact club, but both have 10* of bounce.

Today was the first day in a while I decided to say enough with the excuses, make full swings with your wedges and work on it if it's an issue. And honestly I hit a few really nice approaches with them. One was from 85 yards which is a perfect full swing 60* for me and it was hole high leaving me about 8 feet for birdie. I am still seeing a good amount of check with these even after starting to get more use out of them. Easily my favorite wedges I've owned

Today was the first day in a while I decided to say enough with the excuses, make full swings with your wedges and work on it if it's an issue. And honestly I hit a few really nice approaches with them. One was from 85 yards which is a perfect full swing 60* for me and it was hole high leaving me about 8 feet for birdie. I am still seeing a good amount of check with these even after starting to get more use out of them. Easily my favorite wedges I've owned
I gotta try that 60 out sometime. I need to replace mine shortly and my md2 has been so good to me so Im thinking a md3 could be the one

Think I will add a 54 in w grind soon. Like all feedback on how these work in bunkers and with a steep attack they tick all boxes.

Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

Own it! These wedges are amazing for full swings. Keep doing it and you'll be a rockstar from 100 in.

I wan an md3 PW replacement. For some reason I have more confidence in the md3's than the apex's

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Have 3 rounds and several practice sessions in w the MD3 54*S and 58* PM grind. First let me say I love love the 54* on my 3/4-full shots (95yards). Balls feels super soft w a nice mid-high trajectory and drop/stop spin! Also really liked it on chips just off the green.
As for the 58*PM I'm just not 100% sold. Although i did have chip in and another nice pitch from 60yd to kick in birdie--I also had several "skulls" on chips, flops and bunkers. Also not in love w it on getting much more than 70 from a full shots and the PM does not feel as soft as the MD3 54 (I love how the MD3 feels!) So my question for the board is--for those who are gaming or have compared the MD3 58*W grind to the 58* PM grind in terms of overall playability and ease from sand, flops, rough and fulls?

After 2 rounds with these wedges I am very impressed. Full swings are awesome and the green side spin I can generate the 58 is just not right. I know I will have to spend a little more time with them to dial in distances but I am very glad I added these to the bag.

I think matching the shafts in my wedges with my set is really helping and it feels much more natural. I feel it's easier to flight the ball a little better as well.

I hit these for the first time at Golfsmith yesterday. Really liked them, more than the Vokeys. Just confused about which lofts and grinds to get. The Shamrock ones are very tempting.

I hit these for the first time at Golfsmith yesterday. Really liked them, more than the Vokeys. Just confused about which lofts and grinds to get. The Shamrock ones are very tempting.

I agree on the grinds. I am thinking 56 and 60. Worst part of my game is the sand so maybe 60 W ..., maybe.

Have 3 rounds and several practice sessions in w the MD3 54*S and 58* PM grind. First let me say I love love the 54* on my 3/4-full shots (95yards). Balls feels super soft w a nice mid-high trajectory and drop/stop spin! Also really liked it on chips just off the green.
As for the 58*PM I'm just not 100% sold. Although i did have chip in and another nice pitch from 60yd to kick in birdie--I also had several "skulls" on chips, flops and bunkers. Also not in love w it on getting much more than 70 from a full shots and the PM does not feel as soft as the MD3 54 (I love how the MD3 feels!) So my question for the board is--for those who are gaming or have compared the MD3 58*W grind to the 58* PM grind in terms of overall playability and ease from sand, flops, rough and fulls?

Anyone compare 58*PM grind to the MD3 58*W grind??

Sounds great. I still have another couple weeks under the GS playability guarantee to switch out for the MD3 58*W. Really really was impressed w the MD3 54*S. They feel fantastic and this is coming from a Mizuno forged wedge player for last 8 years!

Just used the GS performance guaranty and exchanged the PM 58* for the MD3 58*W grind. Really really been impressed w the 54* MD3s grind and think the 58*w will be much better than the PM out of the bunkers and tight lies. Not that the PM was a bad club, just think I felt like I always had to really flop open to get full advantage and I prefer to play more of a squared face on wedge shots and just let the loft take care of things naturally.

So these wedges are absolutely phenomenal...I have altered the mentality of using my wedges and my technique and it has worked out great. I am hitting crisper shots but I am also getting great action on the ball. I am even enjoying hitting the 46* wedge. I still am figuring out distances with all my clubs but these seem to be a great fit for me!

Anyone get a chance to hit both the S-grind and W-grind out of bunkers? Have a 58-S but from everything I'm reading, makes me think I should've went with the W. Bunker play is far from a strength for me.

Placed an order today for 3 MD3s(46, 52, 56-c grind) and a MD PM-Grind(60) all in matte black!!!
The website said 5-7 days, so they might get here by the end of next week if I'm lucky.

Haven't bought any new clubs in a while (a year), so I am getting antsy. Birthday present to myself, right?

Currently bag three MD2s in 50*S, 54*S, 58*T. Think I might make the plunge to a set of the MD3s. Given my current make up, does 50S, 54W and 58W make sense? I usually only play the 50* on full shots. The 54* gets used for some partial shots and most bunker shots. The 58* is primarily used greenside for a variety of shots, although I will use it for shorter/deeper bunker shots. I think I have read through the majority of the 54 pages here, and this seems to make most sense as a digger.

Also, what is the current view on shafts for wedges? For my MD2s I went with the Tour Vs I was fit to in my irons. Am I missing something by going this route again?

Anyone get a chance to hit both the S-grind and W-grind out of bunkers? Have a 58-S but from everything I'm reading, makes me think I should've went with the W. Bunker play is far from a strength for me.

I'm sure the 58 S is good from the sand but I have the 58W and it's just provides so much confidence from the bunker really nice grind for those lies

Found myself with a good amount of wedge shots yesterday, early in the season so far I have been leaning on the 58W basically 60 yards and in and basically only using the 54 for full shots to 3/4 shots from like 95-115. Obviously as I get out more and hit the range in warmer weather my strategies on the course may changed but right now these two clubs are dominating the spots I have them working in!

Back