Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

if the set AW in the CF16's wasn't so damn good I would have another MD3 in the bag to fill that spot. These are all that you need in a wedge and then some.
Ya i love the set AW so thats not going anywhere, but i can see how some have gone with 50* and even 46*

I don't think I've ever hit a traditional wedge as solidly as I'm hitting the 54W right now. Played a miserably wet round yesterday and had a chance to hit a couple of wedges in. Hit it so clean that I actually overshot my target! I've been finding the center so well that I'm going to have to start dialing this one back a bit.

So I've had the 52* and the 56* PM-grind for a while now and they are now my favorite wedges I've ever gamed. Not to take away from wedges past, these are just that good. So good in fact I ordered the 48* from CPO to have a shootout with my XR Pro AW. Can't wait to see how it works out.

I am very impressed with the MD3 wedges. I just picked up a 54 degree in W grind. This is very accurate and has great feel. I know exactly where I am missing. Also, slightly thin and slightly fat shots still work out fine and doesn't hurt you to badly. And chipping is much easier with this club. The wider sole on the W grind is re-assuring. Was going to buy the S grind but the sole was thinner than my MD2 wedges. The amount of spin I can get on these is impressive.

Picked up a 54 s-grind in black today ... if I like it, I think I will get the 58 or 60 next ...

I am hoping the 54 will be get me up to the 100 yrd range with an easier swing ... I have to really swing the 56 to get 100 yrds out of it.

Edit: I love the acid green grips!! Ordered more for my other clubs!

Chipped in 3 times over the weekend with my 56* and all three wedges have been great with full shots. Very easy to control and hit just about any shot needed. Love these wedges.

Just ordered a 54* S-Grind cant wait to swing it!

My 50/54 S grinds should be arriving tomorrow to try out this week. Replacing my MD2s. Got the new ones in black. Did not get a 58 as I'm keeping my PM grind in that slot. I love that club too!

I've got the Apex set AW which I like and a 58S MD3 which I like a lot but believe I might trade in toward a 54/58 W Grind and a 64 PM.

Georgia has a mix of soggy and firm areas short of greens and I'm finding that the heel of the S is hanging up on square face pitches around the green... Is the W the right way to go? I can make the S work by keeping the face for everything around the green but I don't like to do that 100% of the time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I've got the Apex set AW which I like and a 58S MD3 which I like a lot but believe I might trade in toward a 54/58 W Grind and a 64 PM.

Georgia has a mix of soggy and firm areas short of greens and I'm finding that the heel of the S is hanging up on square face pitches around the green... Is the W the right way to go? I can make the S work by keeping the face for everything around the green but I don't like to do that 100% of the time.

For most amateurs, more sole is never a bad thing. So the W might work very well.

For most amateurs, more sole is never a bad thing. So the W might work very well.

Exactly what Roger Cleveland would tell you. Bounce is your friend.

Gotta hand it to the W Grind. Had an absolutely buried bunker lie last weekend. Slammed that sucker into the sand about 4 inches behind the ball, sand flew every, club slid right through, and the ball ended up about 2 feet from the hole. This is why I put the club in the bag, to get me out of situations I wouldn't be able to otherwise.

My plan is to use a 54 for full shots and sand...58 and 64 around the green.

I usually use my setAW for chipping and pitching, but there are times I'll use the MD3 56 as well, depending on lie, pin placement, shot I'm trying to hit, etc. Had a few really nice chips with the 56 today that I had to bring in high and stop with minimal roll out. Each shot was pretty nice, very happy with the MD3's.

After reading through all the reviews I finally pulled the trigger. Just ordered 50/54/58, 50 in s-grind and the 54/58 in w-grind. Can't wait to put them in play.

After reading through all the reviews I finally pulled the trigger. Just ordered 50/54/58, 50 in s-grind and the 54/58 in w-grind. Can't wait to put them in play.

Not sure I like this purchase before #TheCup it's almost like cheating! J/K, you're going to love them! They're AWESOME!

Great buy Clutch! You will like them.

Not sure I like this purchase before #TheCup it's almost like cheating! J/K, you're going to love them! They're AWESOME!
Thanks, I need all the help I can get!

MY 54* S-GRIND arrived yesterday. I took a couple chips in the yard and I am definitely liking what I see! I need to get it to the range and dial in the distances to see which club it will replace in my bag. (currently gaming a 52/56/60)

You are going to love them Clutch.

I think these are the best wedges Callaway has made in a long time, and I have gone from the Forged through MackDaddy, to MD2, to MD2 Tour. The W grind is just magic for me on the 58, and even the 54 S grind allows me to hit fuller shots than I've ever been able to with past versions.

I'm loving my MD3's. I purchased them through Callaway online and went with the black Fujikura graphite shafts (free option). Love the look and the feel of them. Anyone else try their graphite shafts out?

573ea5d8efccead30907ba8476035c9c.jpg
7fc68463034458cf033e05416d165c84.jpg
072e217d3f5e7a8caee1dca5163bfc09.jpg

I'm loving my MD3's. I purchased them through Callaway online and went with the black Fujikura graphite shafts (free option). Love the look and the feel of them. Anyone else try their graphite shafts out?

573ea5d8efccead30907ba8476035c9c.jpg
7fc68463034458cf033e05416d165c84.jpg
072e217d3f5e7a8caee1dca5163bfc09.jpg

Those look great! I recently switched back to the MD3s and will be having PX LZ steel put into them this weekend.

Spent time testing and getting fit for wedges today. I will have a set of MD3s on order by the end of the day. I just need to decide on color and which grind for the lob wedge. I know what I want for length, lie and gaping. I am most likely going to pick up 50 S, 54 S, and 58 W. The gapping will be much better for me, and the S grind is an awesome jack of all trades. I couldn't test in real grass, but the W grind seems to offer a nice option to the bag particularly with the lob wedge. MD3 is silly easy to hit. It almost feels like I am cheating. I just made two short game gear changes today that I think will have big impact for my game.

Back