WGC-Dell Match Play Thread (Spoilers)

I absolutely love the event, myself.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I feel like a double elimination would be the best of both formats with a losers bracket but a chance to still win it all. I think the NCAA uses that for wrestling since it is perfect for a 1 on 1 sport.

I really like this event and personally feel like we should have a few more during the year. Not a ton, mind you, but maybe 3 total would be awesome. Match play is so much more exciting.

PGA has zero interest in having more match play. It is so much harder to run, get players into it, ect. Unless the Olympics went to that which I don't see happening anytime soon. Till then twice a year is what you get.

PGA has zero interest in having more match play. It is so much harder to run, get players into it, ect. Unless the Olympics went to that which I don't see happening anytime soon. Till then twice a year is what you get.

I'm curious about this? Has the PGA Tour said so?

I feel totally opposite about this. I think we see more in the near future. Think the fans like it better. Think there is an added fire vs stroke play.

I have to say that I had no problem with the format. Sadly, I must admit that my ugly American side came out yesterday, while I had the matches on it was only with casual interest with no Americans playing.

I really tried, but just didn't care very much who was going to win.

I'm curious about this? Has the PGA Tour said so?
I don't think they said it exactly that way but the commissioner seemed to imply it in an interview where they were happy with this event and either President's Cup/Ryder Cup as the other match play even for the year. Maybe I read too much into the comment. That said would be amazed if they added more match play.

I don't think they said it exactly that way but the commissioner seemed to imply it in an interview where they were happy with this event and either President's Cup/Ryder Cup as the other match play even for the year. Maybe I read too much into the comment. That said would be amazed if they added more match play.
The interview I saw Tim mentioned he was happy there wasn't much match play because it was exhausting for the players. I don't remember what else he said lol

Now if Draft Kings would figure out how to run a contest during match play weeks I would take all the match play in the world. Nothing worse than trying to handicap the Puerto Rico Open.

Back