NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caps win again... I know you all are getting sick of it

Yes Scrap I lose... Take a number and get in line

Yes Scrap I lose... Take a number and get in line

Beef approves this.

So 2 weeks with Crosbys jersey then 1 week with Moose then it's my week?

The caps couldn't even put up 5 against the Avs? That's terrible, they should pack it up now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beef approves this.

So 2 weeks with Crosbys jersey then 1 week with Moose then it's my week?

Was it 2 weeks with the Crosby jersey selfie? Ouch!

Only 6 games for Duncan Keith is such a joke.

Only 6 games for Duncan Keith is such a joke.
I wonder if Coyle had been knocked out and couldn't finish the game or been out long term if they would have gave him more.
How is that any different than McSorley or Simon when they hit guys in the head with their sticks. It was intentional and he's just lucky he didn't hurt him worse.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I wonder if Coyle had been knocked out and couldn't finish the game or been out long term if they would have gave him more.
How is that any different than McSorley or Simon when they hit guys in the head with their sticks. It was intentional and he's just lucky he didn't hurt him worse.

Exactly. I just don't get how a player who has now done this on multiple occasions gets a handful of meaningless games and 1 playoff game. If this was done at any other level the consequences would be far more severe. Based on what the league said you would expect far more games:

“This is an intentional and retaliatory act of violence by a player with a history of using his stick as a weapon,” the DOPS said in its explanation video.

Instead Keith gets a nice rest before the playoffs.

Exactly. I just don't get how a player who has now done this on multiple occasions gets a handful of meaningless games and 1 playoff game. If this was done at any other level the consequences would be far more severe. Based on what the league said you would expect far more games:

“This is an intentional and retaliatory act of violence by a player with a history of using his stick as a weapon,” the DOPS said in its explanation video.

Instead Keith gets a nice rest before the playoffs.
Didn't McSorley and Simon get huge suspensions? I still wonder what would have happened if Croyle went down in a heap after being hit. NHL is a joke around penalties and suspensions.

Didn't McSorley and Simon get huge suspensions? I still wonder what would have happened if Croyle went down in a heap after being hit. NHL is a joke around penalties and suspensions.

Both of those guys weren't huge parts of their teams and future HOFers look at Pronger he never got huge suspensions and he would practically decapitate guys with the shoulder to the head.

Agreed supplemental discipline is a joke

If Keith got 10 games would that make people happy? Probably not and with him getting 6 people think it is not enough. League is in a lose lose here. If the Blackhawks weren't in the playoff race he would get games to start next season and would people even remember it next Fall...

If Keith got 10 games would that make people happy? Probably not and with him getting 6 people think it is not enough. League is in a lose lose here. If the Blackhawks weren't in the playoff race he would get games to start next season and would people even remember it next Fall...

10 would have been interesting because it would have been possible for him to miss an entire playoff series. This is the guys 3rd suspension, second for hitting someone with his stick, and third for hitting someone in the head. If he wasn't a superstar, no way he's getting less than 10.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Based on him being a repeat offender and him using the blade as a weapon 10 is what i thought was warranted

10 would have been interesting because it would have been possible for him to miss an entire playoff series. This is the guys 3rd suspension, second for hitting someone with his stick, and third for hitting someone in the head. If he wasn't a superstar, no way he's getting less than 10.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes, basically this

Do you see any difference than what Simon and McSorley did? How many games did they get? It shouldn't matter if you're a star or not.

Do you see any difference than what Simon and McSorley did? How many games did they get? It shouldn't matter if you're a star or not.

McSorley absolutely that was a lumberjack hack with a hockey stick to Donald's head.

Keith a superstar? Ehh not sure I agree with that

McSorley absolutely that was a lumberjack hack with a hockey stick to Donald's head.
Intent was the same, to hit the guy in the head/face. Keith swung that stick with a lot of force, he was just lucky he didn't really hurt him.

Intent was the same, to hit the guy in the head/face. Keith swung that stick with a lot of force, he was just lucky he didn't really hurt him.

I hear you but for me visually they were quite different but that's just how I saw it.

I hear you but for me visually they were quite different but that's just how I saw it.
Yeah, Keith tried to almost make it look unintentional, McSorley not so much, lol!

Yeah, Keith tried to almost make it look unintentional, McSorley not so much, lol!

Hahaha Marty didn't try to hide anything in his career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back