What is your average score on the first hole?

What is your average score on the first hole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm actually a bogey and a half. I put double bogey on the survey.

On the course I play weekly I would be disappointed if I don't get Birdie but I expect Par every time. On other courses it could be birdie up to double bogey any given day, but on average I would say bogey.

I'm probably bogey on the first hole

The first hole at most courses is usually one of the easier par 4's and that is certainly true at my home course, downhill and only 375 yards of the 6650 tees. I normally play it safe and hit 4 wood to avoid the 4 large fairway bunkers and try to start with a par. For me it's my most commonly birdied par 4 on the course.

Bogey is typical on the first hole. Usually trying to do too much on the first tee. Will try to relax more this year to see if it helps.

Usually bogey, almost never birdie and an even split between par and double.

Bogey for me especially if I have not had a chance to warm up first. Definitely something I need to work on as I've noticed my last handful of rounds have been ugly at the start.

Bogey per my stats on theGrint. About what I figured.

On the course I play the most I went with bogey as the last 3 times I have played that was my score. Prior to that it was a double and sometimes a triple, but I have been playing it smarter lately.

Out of all of the three local course in this area, the longest Hole #1 is a minor dog leg right par 4 that's around 350 yards. The shortest one is a flat and straight 280 yard par 4. So, usually it's not worse than a Par here, and I'd say around or just barely under 50% of the time it's a birdie....but I selected par.

I averaged 4.3 strokes on #1 (par 4 with water at the front right of the green) last season

I'm right with everyone else, par or bogey. Sadly, #1 at my home course is the straightest hole on the course but you can get stymie left or right. Easy to post a big score on right out of the gates...

Usually start with a bogey or a par. If I start with a birdie things usually unravel badly by the end of the round.

Bogey..unless it's mini golf, then it's a double

The first hole always gives me trouble because I rarely if ever have a good first tee ball. If I am fortunate, this won't cost me more than one shot. On my home course, a miss right is OB and a miss left assures no GIR without a miracle shot.

I usually score par because my course has an easy (351 yd.) par 4 and I'm not usually over swinging yet!:banghead:

Later,

John
wow, exactly the same story for me! my #2 is a 510y par 5 that i instantly think i need to crush with my driver.

Just guessing I would say bogey. Usually I start without hitting balls and end up having at least one bad shot on the first hole.

Bogey for me. My opening hole is 424 so you really need a good to great tee shot to start with.

I would have to guesstimate bogey for average, definitely have better and worse starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my home course last year, it was par or better. Had a fairly straight forward Par 5 to start the round and it made for a good par or birdie start.

Other courses I would say it is a par or bogey start for me.

It seems like the trend in my area is to start Hole 1 with a par 5, which tends to be annoying when not loose or warmed up.

depends ... if I get there in time to warm up and hit the range, then usually Par on the first. But if I don't have time (like usual) and get there and barely have loosened up or stretched one bit, then it's usually bogey. It also depends on the difficulty of the hole as well. If I can afford to spray the ball a little of the tee and there is room to scramble then I can make Par ... but if there is trouble, forget it. It may be worse than bogey. HA!

This year I've been averaging par. I think last year it was probably more in the bogey range. If I play a course that's new to me I probably average bogey.

Back