What is your average score on the first hole?

What is your average score on the first hole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last 10 rounds is 7 pars, 3 bogeys.

Its notmally a bogey for me as it always seems to take me at least a hole to get into it. What i normally do, if its a friendly game, is to declare the first hole a "practice" hole :tongue:

First hole on my home course is a fairly easy, dogleg right, par 5. A good drive over 250 with a slight fade will leave just over 200 yards in. I usually leave it just short of the elevated green and chip up for the GIR. My first putt almost always comes up miserably short on the slow greens. Then I'm just as likely to make the par putt as I am to 3 putt the first hole of the day with no warm up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If I was to average my last 30 rounds I would say bogey.

First two holes of the year-birdie and bogey

Bogey or worse. I see first hole as warming up hole.

It is usually a bogey, but I have managed a few pars and one birdie this year on the home course.

In 4 rounds this year it has been a double...ugh!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Par for me, just because the opening is a par 5 that fair to play, and I haven't gotten loose enough to do something stupid. Now if you ask about the second, it's an uphill par 3 that plays 180+ most of the times from the white tees. The second is the start of our Amen Corner, if I get to the fifth tee and only 1 or 2 over, it's a good day.

Our first hole is a tough par 4 with trees left which is in line with the tee box and OB right. I'm about 50/50 on par and bogey on that hole, and a par there feels like a birdie.

Over the last few games it been between bogey and par. It depends which course I'm playing. A new course (never played) will end in bogey or worse.

My home course has a fairly straight forward par 5. I usually make a solid par there but I've been known to make bogey on occasion and sneak in a birdie or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never made better than bogey on our local 1st hole. It's a short par 4, sharp dogleg right. Usually use a 4w to pop it down the hill in to the bottom, then a PW or SW to chip across the creek on to an elevated green with the creek around it on 3 sides. That hole is my kryptonite for some reason. I usually chunk the wedge shot, dropping it in the creek, or blade it, flying the green, to the creek on the other side, lol. I consider myself lucky to bogey it

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

Back