2015 Srixon Q-Star Golf Ball Preview

I got few of these balls on a promotion and tested them using chips around the green and putting vs the Duo Spin, and these grab better than the duos. I like the feel of the putter not to soft not to hard, they roll very well. they feel very close to the bridgestones when putting. I am playing a round with them on Wednesday and post my toughts.

I have used the new ball for five rounds and am not seeing any amazing results regarding spin or distance. Durability is not nearly as good as any of the Callaway or Bridgestone balls I have been using. I bought 2 dozen so will keep trying.

I usually play wilson staff duo spin on the winter and prov1x on the summer. I 've played the last 3 rounds with this ball and this is what i have noticed.

Hitting with the driver i have lost a least 20 yards compared to the other balls i use. It may be that its trajectory is higher compared to the duo spin and the prov1x. This balls goes straight, i tend to hit my irons and driver with a small draw and this ball just stays straight.

With my irons i have lost about a full club with them, however they spin more than the duo spin, i hit a few shots 175 (6i) and 185(5i) and that ball came to rest about 6 feet from the ball mark.

On shots from 120 to 70 yards the balls stops on its ball mark, few of them spun back about a foot. They feel great of the putter, they had a similar feel as the bridgestone's when putting, the roll very well.

I gamed the Q-star for 2 rounds this weekend and looks like it will be replacing the e6. I loved the ball flight and to be honest it appeared to reduce my slice that occasionally results from my poor golf swing. It checked great for me around the green as well. I was a little nervous that my game would suffer but it did not. In fact, I was quite impressed. If you're a guy that's looking for a ball that flys a little straighter and games well around the green I think you'd like this ball.

I gamed the Q-star for 2 rounds this weekend and looks like it will be replacing the e6. I loved the ball flight and to be honest it appeared to reduce my slice that occasionally results from my poor golf swing. It checked great for me around the green as well. I was a little nervous that my game would suffer but it did not. In fact, I was quite impressed. If you're a guy that's looking for a ball that flys a little straighter and games well around the green I think you'd like this ball.

I previously gamed the e6 also and found the same as you the Q-Star is a better ball for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

without going through and re reading this thread are these surly covered? Just wondering.

I got a dozen for Xmas and played some last weekend. On the second tee box I hit a nice drive up the right fairway, but heard a sputtering noise. When I got to the ball it looked like maybe the spin skin was peeling off. Has anyone else seen this? I thought it was kind of strange.

I will be trying these for sure.

Grabbed a srixon q star the latest version with 2nd generation spin skin. It was brand new and for the second time on my second hit it started to peel the top layer/finish off. I think it was the spin skin, but I could here it flapping throughout the flight. It still performed great but may turn me away from the new ones when I never had this on the last version.

Srixon is offering 2 dozen for $40 right now so I couldn't pass up that deal. It's been a while since I gamed the Q Star but I do remember having good thoughts about it. Looking forward to this weekend and trying them again.

Srixon is offering 2 dozen for $40 right now so I couldn't pass up that deal. It's been a while since I gamed the Q Star but I do remember having good thoughts about it. Looking forward to this weekend and trying them again.

How did the rounds go with the Q-Stars?

How did the rounds go with the Q-Stars?

I really like the Q star. It performs well for my swing and works great on and around the greens.

Picked up a dozen of these and played them today during my round. I had used the previous version of the Q star and wasn't too happy with the feel of them. Since I am doing the Cleveland Short Game Shoot Out in August I wanted to give these balls another spin with the newest release since I chose it as my ball of choice. (I don't have the swing speed for the Z Star) I was really happy with the way they felt off of my irons and off the tee. My tee game was a little off today but that was all me. Even with my fade today I was still keeping most balls on the fairway. It didn't feel too hard off the putter either. I think I may have found my new go-to ball.

I have some of the previous years model and have been okay with them, I will probably play the next month with them just to get that feel back, I have been playing alot of chrome soft and B-300rx lately and really like those.

I have some of the previous years model and have been okay with them, I will probably play the next month with them just to get that feel back, I have been playing alot of chrome soft and B-300rx lately and really like those.
I had been using the B330rx as well. For my level of where I'm at, I think the Q Star is more bang for my buck.

Definitely easier on the wallet.
I had been using the B330rx as well. For my level of where I'm at, I think the Q Star is more bang for my buck.

Posted in a different thread, but think it is better here:

I have been using the E6 for a couple of years ( more or less since starting this frustrating game!) to help contain my slice. For my last couple of rounds I played a new Srixon AD333. I found that I hit this much straighter and it went a lot further.
Seems odd and of course I might have had a miraculous cure for my slice!

i have a couple of boxes of E6s and I will try the E6 again to see what happens, but I will probably switch over if I find it really is a better fir for me.....unless anyone can suggest another suitable ball? I am female, 60 , high handicapper that does not play often enough to improve (but like to think there is a bit of promise there waiting to flourish if it gets the chance!). I use senior clubs as I hit those better than ladies. Been playing for about 3 or 4 years.

Posted in a different thread, but think it is better here:

I have been using the E6 for a couple of years ( more or less since starting this frustrating game!) to help contain my slice. For my last couple of rounds I played a new Srixon AD333. I found that I hit this much straighter and it went a lot further.
Seems odd and of course I might have had a miraculous cure for my slice!

i have a couple of boxes of E6s and I will try the E6 again to see what happens, but I will probably switch over if I find it really is a better fir for me.....unless anyone can suggest another suitable ball? I am female, 60 , high handicapper that does not play often enough to improve (but like to think there is a bit of promise there waiting to flourish if it gets the chance!). I use senior clubs as I hit those better than ladies. Been playing for about 3 or 4 years.

Have you tried the Callaway Supersoft? It's a lower compression than both the E6 and Q-Star, might help you get more distance by compressing the ball better. Just a thought.

Dax

I pulled the trigger on these with the current price, after playing Supersoft all last year. I found that I'm a bit longer with my irons, maybe 5-10 yards with a solid strike (HC is 16), and check at least as well, perhaps slightly better than the SS ball. Off the tee with the driver it was straight all day long.

I've played Callaway balls for several years, but I think the Q-Star is a better fit for me. Time will tell, I bought 3 dozen on the bay for bit more than $16 each.

I liked the feel of the ball off all my clubs, and I liked the feel while putting (weighted Ping Redwood with sound slot).

I bought a dozen before a week of vacation / playing. Solid ball but I could certainly tell a difference coming into greens with approach shots vs urethane balls.

I have seen the commercial for this ball that states it will have less side spin off the tee. I have been wondering lately if something like this ball would actually be better for a higher handicap player such as myself? One thing is for sure, it would be cheaper to play than pro v1 or b330. I was just always under the impression plat the "best" ball you can afford.

2015 Srixon Q-Star Golf Ball Preview

I have seen the commercial for this ball that states it will have less side spin off the tee. I have been wondering lately if something like this ball would actually be better for a higher handicap player such as myself? One thing is for sure, it would be cheaper to play than pro v1 or b330. I was just always under the impression plat the "best" ball you can afford.

The THP radio with Srixon recently covered some of this. I can't link to it on mobile but it should be on the home page. This is one of the areas compression comes into play. I definitely find this to be on the straighter side for me.

I am a big fan of the Q Star and think it performs great for a large segment of golfers. You might want some more spin around the green, so something like the 330RX or the Duo soft might be another ball to try.

"Best" is relative - there are a lot of high quality balls made for different types of golfers and we have the chance to find the one that works best for us.

I bought a dozen before a week of vacation / playing. Solid ball but I could certainly tell a difference coming into greens with approach shots vs urethane balls.
Same exact thing happened to me. On VaCa and bought some as an emergency dozen. Nice ball but can tell the difference between Qstar and B330RX.

I got a few of these to try and it's a great all around ball. Recorded a couple of personal best half rounds with them.

Back