2015 Srixon Q-Star Golf Ball Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Srixon® is pleased to introduce the new 3rd generation Q-STAR® golf ball. The Q-STAR is an all-ability ball with tour ball technology designed for mid to high handicap golfers who demand premium performance. It provides the best combination of distance, greenside spin and durability in its class. Unlike other all-ability golf balls, which only perform well in certain aspects or with specific swing speeds, the new Q-STAR golf ball delivers exceptional performance in all aspects of the game at every swing speed.

[video=youtube;bE-8wuMMyb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE-8wuMMyb8[/video]

The new Q-STAR comes with next generation SpinSkin™ to give golfers unmatched feel and control, plus the Energetic Gradient Growth™ core and Speed Dimple™ technology combine to deliver exceptional ball speed and distance. The 2nd generation SpinSkin increases frictional force by 18%, providing golfers with more greenside spin and touch. The 324 Speed Dimple™ technology combines higher dimple uniformity and surface coverage to create a more aerodynamic ball with less drag, creating increased distance and better performance in all wind conditions. The new Q-STAR’s Energetic Gradient Growth Core is optimized to generate greater ball speed and low spin on full shots for distance and a softer feel.

“In all my years in the golf industry I’ve never seen an all-ability ball perform like this new 3rd generation Q-STAR,” said Chris Beck, Brand Manager for Srixon. “With our new 2nd generation SpinSkin technology, golfers get spin where they want it and not where they don’t want it.”

The new Q-STAR golf ball is offered in Pure White™ or Tour Yellow™ for enhanced Visual Performance™. This latest generation Q-STAR is currently available for pre-booking and will be in stores on August 14, 2015 with a MAP price of $24.99.

Spin skin on the Q-star? Intriguing.

Have had very good results with Q-Star in the past and will try these for sure at that price.

JM

Damn the Q star was a solid ball before but now it could really be great. I may have to try some of these again

• Admin
Previous Q-Star had Spin Skin as well, but the new 2015 ball has the 2nd version.

Oh interesting. I thought it was just on the Z-star before. Thanks for clearing that up

YES!! Can't wait to try these. 2013 model is my current gamer so I'm excited.

And I think we have some sweet photos of the 2015 version some where! :angel:

I would try these, I liked the XVs that I tried.

nice. this is one of my main cold weather balls and will play periodically during the year. the new spin skin on this should be really good. excited for this ball to come out

Loved the 1st generation EXCEPT for the roll-out on approach shots. If the spin skin truly is upgraded, it may give me what I'm looking for. Guess I'll have to try out 2015 version.

The Q-Star is my gamer ball so I will have to try this new version! Love the ones I have been playing and if these improve them I am 100% on board.

I absolutely LOVE the Q star as a golf ball. For me, it's one of the better performing surlyn balls around the green - if this version improves on this, I'll be a happy camper.

Looking forward to more details. I've played a couple of the ZStars and liked them, so curious how these hold up with the new design.

Love the Q Star, very excited to give these a try. Can't go wrong with that price.

Very attractive price point and the "All Ability" target audience doesn't hurt either

Love Love Love the Q-Stars! Very excited to get my hands on some new and improved Q-Stars.

$25 bucks a dozen? Cannot beat that at all for the quality.

I like the current Q-Star I've been using it my last few rounds and it does everything I expect from a golf ball. Excited to see some new technology put into these.

Really excited about these.

I recently purchased a dozen of the Q Star balls as they are one of my favorites. These sound like show nuff up town balls!

Any word on compression rating?

YES!! Can't wait to try these. 2013 model is my current gamer so I'm excited.

And I think we have some sweet photos of the 2015 version some where! :angel:

I play this model in tour yellow and love it. Amazing ball off the driver for me.

Can't wait to try this ball always used the current Q Star but just trying the 2015 Bridgestone E6 at the moment they certainly seem a bit straighter than the Q Star but not as good around the green. It will be interesting to compare it to the new Q star when it comes out.

I will definitely give it a go, I used Q star until I found the super soft.

I also found the Q Star better around the green than the E6, but the Supersoft beats them both for me. In driver straightness and spin around the green.

Back