Scrap's Quest To Quit Smoking

U can do it! I quit cold turkey back last year in November. The first week was the hardest part for me. The longer you don't smoke, the more off putting it becomes... especially the smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mixalot.

Bought gas and a coffee on my way to work but didn't buy a pack. That's a huge win for me. Now let's get through the rest of the day. I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

What hair? :alien:

Also not sure if this is something that you want to look into but I have a friend who switched from smoking a lot to using an e-cig and it was a lot easier for her to cut down that way.

What hair? :alien:

Also not sure if this is something that you want to look into but I have a friend who switched from smoking a lot to using an e-cig and it was a lot easier for her to cut down that way.

Nah. I want to stop it all together.

you haven't made up your mind yet. keep trying, you will. once you have an epiphany about why you want to quit, your mind will be made up and it'll actually be easy.

I stopped for good on 4/3/2002 and it was a hotel reservation clerk "smelling" me across the counter as I was checking in. (I'd reserved a non-smoking room, and he was confused with my reservation) After that, I realized my aroma preceded me and after nearly 2 years of trying to quit, that was what I needed to call it "done"

keep working at it. you'll get there. best of luck!!

You can do it buddy!!!

Im with you man. I started my quest to quit cigs on monday. However, im going the vapping route. I figure if i can ween off of smokes by vapping, i can ween off vapping by going cold turkey. I dont smoke at home, just work and golf. Im hoping the vap will work during both for a month or 2, then quit that. Good luck man.

Today's goal don't smoke at work. Ugh I suck at this. Before and after work I'm good but when I'm here it's tough.

Today's goal don't smoke at work. Ugh I suck at this. Before and after work I'm good but when I'm here it's tough.

Try and create a new routine something different from when you were smoking. Loop around wherever you a different way, get some gum to chew or anything else you can think of.

Change your mindset. Start thinking of yourself as a non-smoker. Don't tell yourself that you suck at this, tell yourself you're the effin man and you can do this s**t no problem.

Try and create a new routine something different from when you were smoking. Loop around wherever you a different way, get some gum to chew or anything else you can think of.

Dude go invest in jolly ranchers and excel gum. I think I'm driving their stock up.

Change your mindset. Start thinking of yourself as a non-smoker. Don't tell yourself that you suck at this, tell yourself you're the effin man and you can do this s**t no problem.

Nice approach and yeah I've got this s**t.

you've got this Beef, you know you do!

you've got this Beef, you know you do!

Yeah buddy.

It's about the 6 hour mark that I'm struggling with. I can fit in a round of golf in that time so it means I won't be giving Ren anymore that his 10 strokes on Sunday.

I want to take a flight and play some golf in August or September with the money I save.

Good luck man! It's a really great change to make!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah buddy.

It's about the 6 hour mark that I'm struggling with. I can fit in a round of golf in that time so it means I won't be giving Ren anymore that his 10 strokes on Sunday.

I want to take a flight and play some golf in August or September with the money I save.

Plan on flying east, buddy :)

Holy crap this is awful. I can taste the freakin nicotine coming out of my glands. Get me some gum stat.

Crest. Call out. Beat you down. Silver bullets. Complete humiliation. That is all.

Good luck I quit in 1991 been sick ever since lol

Yes!!! 24 hours smoke free. Yes hours not days haha. It's a win in my book.

Yes!!! 24 hours smoke free. Yes hours not days haha. It's a win in my book.
Nice! Shows you can do it. You got this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nice! Shows you can do it. You got this.

Slooooooowly got this. A guy at work said he was trying to quit and I'm a little competive haha. I think I also saw that the WNY group is getting together in Aigust or September and your playing and a Penguins fan might come up for it. If I quit and things go remotely to plan, well you never know eh.

Slooooooowly got this. A guy at work said he was trying to quit and I'm a little competive haha. I think I also saw that the WNY group is getting together in Aigust or September and your playing and a Penguins fan might come up for it. If I quit and things go remotely to plan, well you never know eh.
I was thinking that would work out nicely. Might be others coming in and staying so lodging costs could be shared and if you come all that way, I've got your golf covered.

I was thinking that would work out nicely. Might be others coming in and staying so lodging costs could be shared and if you come all that way, I've got your golf covered.

You have no idea how much I want to golf with you two clowns. I would even choke down a silver bullet for the ocassion. I have set that as my "reward" to myself.

I'm getting this done screw new furniture. Hahaha

Keep it up brutha. So far so good.

Back