Scrap's Quest To Quit Smoking

Sorry I've been away, had a busy day with kid games and such. Hang in there Scrap, ya gotta be 18.3% smarter than the cigarette. Easy.

Sorry I've been away, had a busy day with kid games and such. Hang in there Scrap, ya gotta be 18.3% smarter than the cigarette. Easy.

I'm at 2 days. Played a round of golf without smoking. Huge win for me.

I'm sure it's tough. My neighbor will completely stop before or during a round if he runs out. My mom quit years ago using those fireball candies. Haven't seen them in years though.

It's way funner(?) playing without worrying about smokes and lighter. Makes walking way easier too.

It took a little bit of cutting down and challenging myself on how long I could last between smokes. Now that it's been a week of this on/off thing. Once I got my mind in the right state and I found a few things to really motivate me. This really isn't that hard. I haven't had a smoke for a few days but I still have a pack in my car with 1 left. I find it gives me the sense of I'm not smoking because I don't want to and takes away the thought of "oh god I had my last one ever."

It took a little bit of cutting down and challenging myself on how long I could last between smokes. Now that it's been a week of this on/off thing. Once I got my mind in the right state and I found a few things to really motivate me. This really isn't that hard. I haven't had a smoke for a few days but I still have a pack in my car with 1 left. I find it gives me the sense of I'm not smoking because I don't want to and takes away the thought of "oh god I had my last one ever."

My dad did the same thing ... said he would never beg for a cigarette.

Keep up the great work!

My dad did the same thing ... said he would never beg for a cigarette.

Keep up the great work!

The idea of my last ever really makes me freeze and I think I have to smoke more so I don't get that feeling. Having that 1 left takes that pressure off of me. It's all mental and reading that it sounds ridiculous but it works. I'll throw it out eventually.

Good work, keep it up.

Scrap, I understand this is going about as well as me getting into a workout routine. Let's get on this sh!t!!!

Scrap, I understand this is going about as well as me getting into a workout routine. Let's get on this sh!t!!!

Lol. Shut it. Get your a$$ in the gym. I'm smoking right now. Good timing. Lol

Mic Drop!!!!!

Seriously though Beef, You can do this man. I have the occasional cigar and that is just fine

You two have this magic ability to both encourage me and piss me off at a lot of things. Lol.

I'm laughing at my desk over here.

It is a skill.... :act-up:

Funny to see this bumped today. I was going to see if there was such a thread on this forum.

I smoked my last cigarette last Thursday afternoon. So today will complete 1 week of no smoking. It's actually been easier than I thought, easier than past attempts to quit.

I finally decided that I will no longer be a slave to cigarettes. Part of this is the shame I felt from lying to my wife about it. I am determined to make it last this time. The next big test will be a guys fishing trip in a couple of weeks. Two of the three other guys are smokers and there will be some drinking, so the temptation and cravings will be high I'm sure. But I really think I've got this.

Best of luck to all of the others that are trying to quit this nasty habit. I know how difficult it can be.

Scrap, I envision this is you?

3900b3bb5c179a46fd5184bcb06759b9.jpg

Get going on this, I've worked out multiple times this week and not one cig, no cigs for you in a couple of months.

Scrap, I envision this is you?

3900b3bb5c179a46fd5184bcb06759b9.jpg

Get going on this, I've worked out multiple times this week and not one cig, no cigs for you in a couple of months.

Dude I don't have that much hair.

So that's a yes mark it down scrap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll buy him some extra small's maybe I'll get fancy and buy real yoga pants.

Back