Golf Superstitions? Or Are They Routines?

This one drives me NUTS haha i cant putt if i know theres a ball already in the hole

I know right?!?! Our ball has no chance if there's one already in there. The hole has to be empty.

If using a quarter (can't use any other coin), it's heads up. If using the THP ball marker from last year, it's "Folds of Honor" up.

Golf Superstitions? Or Are They Routines?

Probably more routine than superstition for me, but here goes.

- Ball and tees in the front right pocket
- Ball marker (BMF or personalized Rose & Fire marker) and repair tool in front left pocket
- Club glove mini towel in back right pocket
- Glove in back left pocket
- Iron/wedge covers in back right pocket when club is being used
- 3 1979 50 cent pieces in the bag at all times

And like many of you regardless of what's been established at the beginning of the round regarding teeing off, birdie or better always has honors.

I only have one superstition.
If I'm a single playing a practice round and I hit a ball in the fairway I will NEVER tee up another! It's a guaranteed lost ball for me.

Noting crazy.

Three tees in my right pocket
Hideaway coin as my ball marker

That's it.

My superstition is if I don't golf on the weekend, it sets up a bad week!! :laughing:

No superstitions here, Only real routine I have is I always use a THP now. And that is more so just because I really like the Epoch tees.

I don't have that I realize!

I don't necessarily have any superstitions... but I'm definitely routine oriented.

Scorecard is always in my back-right pocket.

Ball marker and repair tool in my front-right pocket.

Nothing in my front-left pocket.

Glove in my back-lit pocket on or around the green.

I leave my putter cover and wedges on the green to the right of where my first putt came from so I can pace off the putt afterwards and so I remember them.

Outside of that, I can't play with keys or my wallet not in the top pocket of my bag. I never leave them in the cart or in my pockets. It throws me off.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Hmm. I don't have any personal superstitions. Although it's a local superstition in my country to ask permission out loud from the dwarves and spirits before I pee in the trees. I follow that.

I always use a Minnesota Vikings ball marker and divot fork, Christmas present from my 3 kids 22 years ago!

back when I was a player, if I shot over 80 I would not wear the hat I was wearing on the golf course ever again....that was a few years ago...lol

My ball marker must be in my left pocket and I never use #1 balls from any brand. Never have!

I always use a Minnesota Vikings ball marker and divot fork, Christmas present from my 3 kids 22 years ago!

back when I was a player, if I shot over 80 I would not wear the hat I was wearing on the golf course ever again....that was a few years ago...lol
Skol Vikings!

1. Never go to range before the tee off. Always always hit horrible first shot after beautiful range session. I dont know why.
2. Drink beer on 3rd hole.

I noticed I have a weird putting routine this past weekend when I set up over the ball.

It's not superstition, it's, a quirk, I guess.

Yes, my pre shot routines. I like my ball marker to be a hat clip

I don't really have any superstitions or anything, but I got a sleeve of Wilson SpongeBob balls in florescent yellow for Christmas. When I started using them, I've been having the games of my life. Switched back to you regular balls last time and played horribly. I'm going back to SpongeBob til he let's me down, lol

This is my custom signature

Not superstitions but definitely routines. I keep everything in the same pockets and places every round. It's comfort and familiarity but not superstition.

I am not superstitious in everyday life but I notice little things in golf. For example, I won't use a particular headcover again cause I had such bad putting. Even though the headcover has "zero" to do with how I putted. ha..

I don't have any that I can think of, partially because I believe in preparation over superstition.

I will say that as a psychology student the contrast in answers to this topic is some fascinating information. Operant Conditioning is a crazy thing for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I feel so much better after reading these posts. I don't have many superstitious things that stand out to me just that I just cannot play without my ball marker from Black wolf run in my pocket. It's been there a long time and if it ever disappeared there would be an immediate trip to Kohler Wis.

Back