Sub Shops - The Chains

Pretty sure it's 'lunch hour' only. Maybe until 3
Yeah 11 to 3. And only one sandwich per person. Wife might have to take the girls then.

Looking forward to trying Firehouse. I've heard great things and they're opening one near my house.

Looking forward to trying Firehouse. I've heard great things and they're opening one near my house.
I'm hit or miss on firehouse if you get a good one nothing beats it. However I have been to a few that are consistently awful.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If it tells you anything I worked there for 2 years in high school, ate it almost everyday after work, and still enjoy it to this day

Sub Shops - The Chains

I did Firehouse Subs for the first time in a LONG time yesterday. Got the firehouse meatball, 8". Honestly it was tasty and I thought I would get it again. That was until Hiroshima let loose from my backside about 90 minutes later - wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it tells you anything I worked there for 2 years in high school, ate it almost everyday after work, and still enjoy it to this day

Im a big fan for the chains. Solid, and almost everything on the menu is good.

Im a big fan for the chains. Solid, and almost everything on the menu is good.

My favorite is the smokehouse beef and cheddar, but agree almost everything is good. I only avoided the chili and meatball, because those things aren't fresh, everything else is actually very fresh, especially the veggies and bread.

My favorite is the smokehouse beef and cheddar, but agree almost everything is good. I only avoided the chili and meatball, because those things aren't fresh, everything else is actually very fresh, especially the veggies and bread.

You posted this a day too late for me!!!

I'll get the hook and ladder lite next time

You posted this a day too late for me!!!

I'll get the hook and ladder lite next time

Not to say the other stuff isn't good, but I just know the meat, veggies, bread they are pretty strict on freshness. The meatballs and chili come frozen and are just heated up in a microwave.

When I go home to visit fam. Mr goodcents is a must.

Anyone who frequents Jimmy Johns and loves animals should do a little Googling of the founder.

I'm almost afraid to .... Animal abuse or something?

I'm not a proponent of trophy hunting and this guy loves hunting animals I'm not cool with.

He also makes his sub shop employee sign non compete agreements which I find absurd.

I've fallen for the Firehouse Turkey Salsa Verde sandwhich. Comes in at a decent calorie count and I skip the light mayo. Pretty solid.

Having a Hook 'N Ladder as we speak. Love some Firehouse.

JM

Sub Shops - The Chains

I'm not a proponent of trophy hunting and this guy loves hunting animals I'm not cool with.

He also makes his sub shop employee sign non compete agreements which I find absurd.

For a sub shop that is ridiculous. What the hell is proprietary about lousy cold cuts

I don't judge people on the hunting but I will offer a quick story. Long before I moved to TX a NYC business partner of mine travels with me to Dallas to recruit a hitter. After dinner the guy invites us back to his house for a drink. We go into his study and it's a shrine to every animal he has killed, including a monkey. Now think of my partner in the thickest NYC accent when we get back in the car, "WTF, I mean WTF, who the F shoots a poor little monkey, I feel like shooting the F'er". I run into this guy from time to time and he has made for a great ice breaking story at dinners.

Sub Shops - The Chains

I'm so going to Jimmy Johns today for a $1 sub... That's awesome

(wait... did they have a chipotle type event?)

I did this today. It was my first time at Jimmy John's. I didn't think the sandwich was anything to write home about.

I did this today. It was my first time at Jimmy John's. I didn't think the sandwich was anything to write home about.

No they are fairly basic. We have cousins around here and I prefer those. I couldn't pass up lunch for 1 buck though.

for chains, I prefer Firehouse. There used to be a local place called the sub shop. They would slice the deli meat right in front of you and pile it on to fresh bread and crisp lettuce. sadly, they closed up years ago

Hadn't had a Jersey Mike's in a while, quite good with all the fixins' today!

Back