NorCal Crew Poppy Hills outing - 4/21

That's a long PW! I haven't played the course in a few years - looks nice. Are the 4 legged fore caddies working this afternoon.

I've seen a few running about!

34f85a7b79b3fc6e055ecbf832bde4b8.jpg

3176927046aa8865921fc52b76de5ada.jpg

Par 5, second shot. 200 yards left, what do you do THPers?

Low hook around that tree, roll it right up to the green

Low hook around that tree, roll it right up to the green

Probably taking a 9 iron over that tree to 70 yds and working to bump my 3rd in close

Well I tried laying up with my 8 iron and hit a pretty bad slice. Ended up with a double bogey. Maybe I should have gone for the green!

Wish I'd seen this earlier. There are two decent plays, but you have to not come up short left, it will roll back into the drink. Either play safe out to the right as far up as possible (to avoid dealing with the bunker on your third) or go at the flag and plan on going long, plenty of room over the green.

Glad you guys had fun out there. Love me some Poppy!

Can't wait for the north vs south gathering, it appears my teammates are getting their practice in and will be ready!

I didn't pop in yesterday to post at all during the round, but wanted to share some thoughts post round:

Course is in great shape, probably good that carts are all cart path only. The greens are hard and fast. I felt like I played better today (but still couldn't get off the tee to save my life), but putted worse and only shaved 3 strokes off my score moving up from 3 to 2 Poppys.

I did feel like a real brute man when I would actually get irons to stop on the green and leave ball marks!

$30 to play that course is an absolute steal.

Always good teeing it up with my Nor Cal bros, didn't get to spend much time with Hicksta/Tim/Mark but can't wait for the next outing.

As always, had a great time out there with my THP brothers. It was really nice meeting Mark. I could listen to him say the F Word all day long with his British accent. I am definitely not much of a wind player. After a few holes, I just get tired of it. I think I would have to play that course about 20 times before I would get used to those greens. As soon as I get back from Alabama, we should work on getting back together. I could do once a month/ 6weeks meet up somewhere in the Bay Area or Sacramento and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a great outing and the course was difficult, but that's okay, it is a PGA standard type course!

get back over to the NorCal hangout thread and get another game going! Good job guys, wish I could have joined you!

It was fun following along. Though apparently mr. hicksta confuses his PW with his 7i on 155 yard shots. :alien:

Looking forward to teeing it up with you guys soon.

It was fun following along. Though apparently mr. hicksta confuses his PW with his 7i on 155 yard shots. :alien:

I don't know what they put in the water down at Seaside, because he hit a 320+ yard shot with his HW yesterday.

As always, had a great time out there with my THP brothers. It was really nice meeting Mark. I could listen to him say the F Word all day long with his British accent. I am definitely not much of a wind player. After a few holes, I just get tired of it. I think I would have to play that course about 20 times before I would get used to those greens. As soon as I get back from Alabama, we should work on getting back together. I could do once a month/ 6weeks meet up somewhere in the Bay Area or Sacramento and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was indeed another fun round and agreed on the wind. I don't think there were too many holes where it didn't affect at least one shot. Definitely looking forward to the next outing!

Pfffttt, I had help from the wind! It's usually only good to around 145 :wink:

I don't know what they put in the water down at Seaside, because he hit a 320+ yard shot with his HW yesterday.

#POUNDTOWN

I surprised myself with that one to be honest, and it was without question, the best shot I've ever hit with that HW. I probably got 60 yards of roll on that joker!

As always, had a great time out there with my THP brothers. It was really nice meeting Mark. I could listen to him say the F Word all day long with his British accent.

You definitely heard it said in a British accent quite a lot yesterday LOL.
Say something that I couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, yet still walked off the 18th having really enjoyed myself. Loved the course, loved the company, definitely can't wait to go out again.

Awesome stuff, so glad everybody had a great time.

Awesome stuff, so glad everybody had a great time.

$30 to play Poppy Hills is an opportunity that couldn't be passed up!

4 iron and aim just right of the flag with a draw. If I hit the shot perfect it will be 30 feet past the pin and maybe a little left but if I miss it, worst case is I'm in the bunker. Looks like you guys had a great day!!

On that hole I was a little more to the right of where you were at, so the tree wasn't in my line. I had 199 to the flag. I was torn between going with my 5 iron, which at worse I would be short and in the bunker(got a lot of practice out of bunkers on this day)or possibly bail out and land a little short to the right in the fairway, or take my 4 hybrid and fly the green. I chose the hybrid and took it over the flag to about a yard off the back of the green. Hit my 3rd to a foot and tapped in for birdie. I have birdied that hole the 2 times we have played at Poppy as a group. I need all the holes on that course to be like #10, and not like #1. Ohhh, I hate that hole.

Back