THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Fired up for tomorrow fellas. Should be a good time. See Ya'll on the range!
Will be on the road in about 40 minutes with Big Ball.

Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Have a great time today guys.

Have fun, guys! Looks like it'll be a beautiful weekend up there for it!

I'll be on the course most of the weekend. Heading out in about an hour. I'll have about 90 minutes to warm up and go through my routine before we tee off at 1:30pm. Shotgun start and I'm starting on a fairly easy hole, so... hopefully I can get off to a quick start and ride the momentum!

Awesome lesson today. If this holds true, my ball flight is now a draw, driver is straight, and my miss is a slight push. So excited!

Good to see everyone down at RNK yesterday. Now that you've seen the course. Is there things you will be focusing on in your prep?

I'm hopeful that come July the conditions of the course will be a lot better. Some pretty rough areas that need to be worked by the greens keepers. Mesaman77 kept telling me yesterday we will see a different course.

I really hope the pace of play is better in front of us too. That was a long round for sure.

Awesome lesson today. If this holds true, my ball flight is now a draw, driver is straight, and my miss is a slight push. So excited!

Good stuff, buddy. Love hearing those results. Keep at it.

Getting out today for 18 with my Dad. Should be a beautiful day for it.

If you are playing in this event and not planning on playing a practice round this course is going to be a challenge. This place requires quality golf shots to be hit on every hole.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

If you are playing in this event and not planning on playing a practice round this course is going to be a challenge. This place requires quality golf shots to be hit on every hole.

How many blind shots do you have? Isn't the course more target golf & hitting to a number? Are the green complexes challenging and not receptive to missed approaches (if you're GIR, is penal if you're not flag hunting)

Serious questions as I've played other Stranz designed courses and I'm genuinely curious.

How many blind shots do you have? Isn't the course more target golf & hitting to a number? Are the green complexes challenging and not receptive to missed approaches (if you're GIR, is penal if you're not flag hunting)

Serious questions as I've played other Stranz designed courses and I'm genuinely curious.

I have never played this course designer before.

I had numerous blind shots due to poor tee shots. I hit some approaches that just missed of the fringe and due to the elevated greens fell right off the side and ended up many feet below the green.

Many many blind shots, and this course is very much not going to be over powered either. It offers it self up, but it's not the play. Couple times yesterday I left myself to close to the green. Leaving myself those 50-70 yard flip wedges.

Pin placements could really make this course a tough tough track.

Good to see everyone down at RNK yesterday. Now that you've seen the course. Is there things you will be focusing on in your prep?

I'm hopeful that come July the conditions of the course will be a lot better. Some pretty rough areas that need to be worked by the greens keepers. Mesaman77 kept telling me yesterday we will see a different course.

I really hope the pace of play is better in front of us too. That was a long round for sure.
Good times for sure. The course conditions were pretty disappointing. The fairways are just starting to turn, so they will be fine by mid may. The greens were way quicker 2weeks ago, they said they are going to punch them again in mid may, so they should come back long before the event.

Hole 6 really disappointed me, with the Hugh drainage pipe sticking out of the fairway. They have been working on that hole for months and they still don't look near done.

Kevin also mentioned that he noticed some bunkers that were lacking sand, I hope that gets taken care of to.

Historically these greens play quick in the summer and the fairways are lush. We shall see.

The rounds at this course always seem to be long even if the course is empty.

I said this in the other thread... There are a lot of blind shots and elevated greens. There are a lot of holes where (with either tee shot or approach) you can hit 2 of the exact same shot, the same distance and one leaves you with 120 wedge into a tough green.... the other leaves you with 168 up hill, into the wind, over cavernous bunkers and a creek... into the same tough green. It all depends on what line you take. And some of those lines are blind.

Really need to work on green reading and putting distance control. The greens are very penal if you're on the wrong side of the hole or don't control your speed!! There are also a lot of elevation changes that make picking the correct club very interesting!!

By the way, really enjoyed everything yesterday especially meeting all the people I hadn't met before! It was outstanding!! We can do this team DMV, we really can!!!!

Missed playing with you guys. Spent time working on my game today and looking forward to getting some rounds in.

By the way, really enjoyed everything yesterday especially meeting all the people I hadn't met before! It was outstanding!! We can do this team DMV, we really can!!!!
Great to meet you man! Keep working on the game and be ready to take the crown in July.

Good times for sure. The course conditions were pretty disappointing. The fairways are just starting to turn, so they will be fine by mid may. The greens were way quicker 2weeks ago, they said they are going to punch them again in mid may, so they should come back long before the event.

Hole 6 really disappointed me, with the Hugh drainage pipe sticking out of the fairway. They have been working on that hole for months and they still don't look near done.

Kevin also mentioned that he noticed some bunkers that were lacking sand, I hope that gets taken care of to.

Historically these greens play quick in the summer and the fairways are lush. We shall see.
I don't want to turn this into a beat up the course thread. But it's a justified concern at this point to me. Not the Bermuda turning, as I know nature will take care of that. But the many holes that had no grass at all in large areas of the fairway and several other holes that had craters in the fairway. I'm not sure which hole, I meant to make a mental note. But it had a 4 foot wide sink hole in the fairway. If your ball went in there, you'd never know it as it was a blind shot over alhill.

On to T2GRN18 question. I'll. contine to work on iron play. I've got to get more consent in the 140 to 160 range. The 23 degree hybrid thst I picked up was money yesterday. Hit it pure just on probably 10/11 swings. It will be a key club come july. I may even pick up the 26 degree to replace the 5 iron.

Also as RNG mentioned I'll continue to work on speed control. Those greens demand it.

Id love to play a practice round there the day before to get a good idea of the greens then and how firm the course is playing. But don't know if I can fit it in thst day.

Many many blind shots, and this course is very much not going to be over powered either. It offers it self up, but it's not the play. Couple times yesterday I left myself to close to the green. Leaving myself those 50-70 yard flip wedges.

Pin placements could really make this course a tough tough track.

Totally agree. My short game yesterday was pretty good, and it's going to have to be even better come RR because hitting a lot of greens will be tough for me. Really need to know where to put the ball off the tee - and hopefully be good enough to do that on a somewhat regular basis!

I do echo the concerns with the course conditions. On many holes, short game wise especially, my options were really limited because of said conditions.

All that said - had a great time Saturday. Rob and Mike are as solid 2 dudes as you will ever find. Mike is as good of a point and shoot player as you will find - think he shot an 82, and by his own accord he said he did not putt well.

Hanging out after the round was a good time as well. Really cool meeting some guys - Andy, Rich, that I haven't met before. I would definitely like to get down there again before RR.

The one thing I need to really work on is longer shots with the ball below my feet - and there are a lot of them at RNK! I had a couple shots on par 5's that I had a chance to get on in 2, ( granted, most times I wouldn't try to reach, but one was on 17, and a match could come down to that ) and a couple times on par 4's after mis-hits with the driver, but mis-hit my second because the ball was below my feet. Some of that may be a stabilizing issue because of my knee, but I have always struggled with that shot. It WILL be fixed by RR.

The one thing I need to really work on is longer shots with the ball below my feet - and there are a lot of them at RNK! I had a couple shots on par 5's that I had a chance to get on in 2, ( granted, most times I wouldn't try to reach, but one was on 17, and a match could come down to that ) and a couple times on par 4's after mis-hits with the driver, but mis-hit my second because the ball was below my feet. Some of that may be a stabilizing issue because of my knee, but I have always struggled with that shot. It WILL be fixed by RR.

That's a great point. Level lies are rare at this course!!

Hey ChristopherKee...what's your schedule look like the next couple weeks, either weekday or more likely weekend. I'd be up for getting a round in with you. MSemann777 mentioned coming up to NOVA to get a chance to play with more of the team, maybe we could arrange it around that if it works.

Hey ChristopherKee...what's your schedule look like the next couple weeks, either weekday or more likely weekend. I'd be up for getting a round in with you. MSemann777 mentioned coming up to NOVA to get a chance to play with more of the team, maybe we could arrange it around that if it works.
Rob,
Looks like Mike (MBurnham) and myself are looking at the possibility of a weekday roadtrip in the first couple of weeks of May. I have a couple of dates that won't work (May 9th and 11th) but otherwise things are looking open for both of us. Let me know if any particular dates work for you guys, and we can fit in a "friendly" RNK round. :)

Yup. I'm in if there is an opening. Let me know.

Rob,
Looks like Mike (MBurnham) and myself are looking at the possibility of a weekday roadtrip in the first couple of weeks of May. I have a couple of dates that won't work (May 9th and 11th) but otherwise things are looking open for both of us. Let me know if any particular dates work for you guys, and we can fit in a "friendly" RNK round. :)

Hey Deuce, I'm not sure if the MD guys can make it back to RNK during your timeframe, but if your looking for another player, I would be happy to jump in. Let me know what day you guy's come up with and we can get out.

Back