Looking for a newer driver

jpstar347

Reaction score
Handicap
not sure
Im new to this site and I have been impressed so far. I need your advice. I am looking at a newer driver (I am on a budget). I have been researching the last few days and have a couple of thoughts. About me Im getting back into the game and need the driver to complete my bag. I have a high ball flight, am around 17 handicap (maybe) and have around a 95 mph swing speed. I would like a lower spin driver. I have looked into the SLDR, and like it, but I have heard about the FLY Z+ and a few others. I would like your opinion and why you feel that your club would be good for me. Thanks everybody in advance and let the opinions roll!!!

Cobra King F6 Driver, 10.5* loft, regular graphite shaft. Best driver I've EVER had. Course maybe it was finally moving to 10.5 degree loft instead of the previous 10-12 years with a 9.5 degree loft. Test it out at a local Dicks', Golf Galaxy, etc.

You may want to spend some time in the Club Clash thread, a weekend where average golfers spent a weekend demoing every current driver on the market at the range and on course, with flight scope measurements. There will be feedback from a group of golfers who fit your general handicap profile, letting you Kanye what tended to work better for them. That's a great resource for you.

Heads up on the SLDR that it's generally regarded as one of the least forgiving drivers out there.

Heads up on the SLDR that it's generally regarded as one of the least forgiving drivers out there.

I couldn't agree more.

SLDR = Slice Long Drive Right

If your on a budget check out what JB posted or Callaway pre owned and the Cleveland Black driver or D200 from Wilson staff.

Good luck.

After researching all weekend, and having a credit at global golf, I settled on Taylor made R15. It was a late arrival to all the research i did. It ended up on a lot of best of 2015 drivers list's, and i thought for 24 hrs just on that one, and got it. Should have it in a few days. Thanks to all who looked and gave opinions!!!!

Back