THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Great to get out and play with a bunch of the guys playing in the event.

Lots of great shots had by everyone. Not a great scoring day for me but a really fun round.

Just got here. Pretty windy. Where is everyone?

Just made it home thanks for asking :alien:

Great to get out and play with a bunch of the guys playing in the event.

Lots of great shots had by everyone. Not a great scoring day for me but a really fun round.

Ditto, something about teeing it up with THPers that just makes it that much better

Great day out there today with all the guys. This event is going to be a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally home. Had a great time today with some awesome THPer's. I have to say, The Ranch is a tough track and with the wind blowing like it was today it beat us all up, haha.

I didn't quote anything in here :shame:

Hole 4 should be driver/3wood for me
Hole 5 looks a lot like the 5th hole at my course, except for the front bunker..probably 4i or 5i

Other prep: continued bunker work, not shanking anything like I did today, and figuring out why my driver swing disappears without warning. I'm disappointed after swinging somewhat decently last weekend and having to put the driver away on Thursday night and this morning.

Stan, great to hear that you had a good fitting!

Hope everybody enjoyed The Ranch today..hopefully I can make it up at some point.

THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Had a great time yesterday at The Ranch and enjoyed playing with everyone. Course will be quite the test come June. Can't wait

940c203daae5bdcc5b6c5ce006d0778f.jpg

6584d91195289cef5dae17611dbdeb43.jpg

OITW teeing off on 17 yesterday.

d87a406013f0d359f9c41f40b6b5b70f.jpg

Rickterp teeing off on 17 yesterday.

It was a fun round yesterday with a bunch of guys. The ranch is no joke and I'm excited to following along and see NE win the event.

Had a great time yesterday at The Ranch and enjoyed playing with everyone. Course will be quite the test come June. Can't wait

940c203daae5bdcc5b6c5ce006d0778f.jpg

man I've gotta get up there soon.

So who had the longest tee shot on 16 yesterday and how far was it?

Mpeterson ended up at a gps verified* 300 ; not sure about the other group

Bcape hit a long one. Didn't see what the gps said

Mpeterson ended up at a gps verified* 300 ; not sure about the other group
Even downhill that's putting a move on the ball.

He was mashing his XR. saw several 240-250 carries and it was windy out there.

It was well struck for sure but "downhill" is underselling things big time. If you can hit a low running 3W and its dry you might be able to end up longer than a driver would.

On to hole 6:

324ecb2d3f73a62d394f8aac77186308.jpg

I ended up in the woods right on this hole. One thing the maps don't show is that if you're in the woods, 90% of the time you're looking at red or white stakes. So don't expect to just punch out and move the ball up. You'll be taking a drop.

It was well struck for sure but "downhill" is underselling things big time. If you can hit a low running 3W and its dry you might be able to end up longer than a driver would.

On to hole 6:

324ecb2d3f73a62d394f8aac77186308.jpg

I ended up in the woods right on this hole. One thing the maps don't show is that if you're in the woods, 90% of the time you're looking at red or white stakes. So don't expect to just punch out and move the ball up. You'll be taking a drop.

Play it like I did Sunday.

5b22eb77ef412ca4dddcc7a03d92dc07.jpg

Hole goes hard downhill at the dog leg so I got some good roll on my fade.

Green is well protected and not a lot to miss on the back.

This man speaks the truth. Difficult green to hit especially if the pin is tucked on the left.

Hmm, regarding 16 when I get a practice round up there I may tee off with both. As for #6 I'd go with driver..3w could bring bunker into play if I wipe it and I'm not interested in a 100 plus yard bunker shot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Does your strategy change if we're on back tee?

Last edited:
This man speaks the truth. Difficult green to hit especially if the pin is tucked on the left.

Based on course setup a lot of the holes look/are tough, but I would recommend the aggressive play rather than conservative as that seemed to get me in more trouble.

what were you favorite holes on the course?

Does you strategy change if we're on back tee?

We played the blue tees, which is 6600 on the card, I doubt we're playing anything longer.

But if you're asking if I'm willing to take a more aggressive line the answer off the tee because there is a huge tree just to the right of the bunker and I don't have mpeterson height on my drives to cut that corner, plus if you can work a hard fade then it might play but you don't want to run through the fairway on the left.

5-9 was a pretty good stretch of holes for me. Also he last four finishing holes are great test and mix of holes there as well.

We played the blue tees, which is 6600 on the card, I doubt we're playing anything longer.

But if you're asking if I'm willing to take a more aggressive line the answer off the tee because there is a huge tree just to the right of the bunker and I don't have mpeterson height on my drives to cut that corner, plus if you can work a hard fade then it might play but you don't want to run through the fairway on the left.
My natural shot is a fade...except when I need one it usually goes dead straight.

I like the opening hole its ice way to start a round. I also like 15 as it could be a tricky little hole. 17 and 18 are great as well

My natural shot is a fade...except when I need one it usually goes dead straight.

Your fade will play for you on pretty much every hole then.

Some of these holes don't call for a huge bomb out there though, i mean I'd say I'm a pretty good iron/wedge player so I don't mind having a 175-100 yd distance in to a green, I'm pretty confident in getting it there.

I would say hybrid off a lot of the tees gets us in play on both shamble and mod pinehurst

And whoever my pahhhtnaaa is can grip and rip if they like

Best ball would be more of a challenge, but then you just need to feel good about playing your own ball in any of the situations.

Back