Garmin Approach X40

tanker337

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got an email about this from GolfSmith this morning. Its a new wearable from Garmin available in late May. Its like they are reading my mind. I'm looking for a smartwatch that does both golf gps stuff and fitness tracking.

I was looking at the vivoactive as well, which is more on the fitness/multi-sport side, but does have a golf gps app. This one looks like its more for golf(integrates with truswing), is a little sleaker, and does some fitness tracking stuff as well.

I pre-ordered a Vivoactive HR, but maybe I'll have to reconsider. I do like the sleeker look of this one.

Looks pretty good!
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/golfing/approach-x40/prod519298.html
cf-lg.jpg

Damn. I'm not a big wearable fan on the course, but this might change my mind. I'll wait for reviews, but this looks like a cool little device.

I have been looking at the new Fitbit but this would be more up my alley.

Looks pretty cool. If I didn't just buy an S2 I might consider it.

Looks nice! I have a s20 and am really enjoying it for the fitness piece as well. Way more than I thought.

Looks pretty cool. If I didn't just buy an S2 I might consider it.

You and me both. Just bought an S2 to replace a Bushnell Neo X that wasn't making it through a round.

It's official. I want one of these. If the reviews are terrible, I'm obviously out but this covers basically everything I need a smart watch/fitness wearable to do, plus golf...

It's official. I want one of these. If the reviews are terrible, I'm obviously out but this covers basically everything I need a smart watch/fitness wearable to do, plus golf...
I think this is going to the top of my ponder list. As it was I was thinking about a Fit Bit, and also a GPS to save my phone's battery for pictures and such.

I think this is going to the top of my ponder list. As it was I was thinking about a Fit Bit, and also a GPS to save my phone's battery for pictures and such.

Yeah, I have yet to find a way I like to do GPS on my Apple Watch either. It's a cool device, but something a little more simple is likely all I need. That plus Garmin service and I think this could be a winner.

Man do I want one of these

This^^^^

I love my fitbit blaze but on the course it just does steps, but I do wish it would give me some gps readings as well since I am wearing it.

I know seriously. Can it really be as good at both as we are all hoping.

If it is and at that price point it's almost a no brainer

Looks nice! I have a s20 and am really enjoying it for the fitness piece as well. Way more than I thought.
Do you use the autoshot tracking feature? If so, what are your impressions? That's another feature that's got me interested.

The Autoshot Tracking feature is something that definitely caught my eye. I'm sure my girl would kill me if I picked one of these up, since she bought me the S6 that I currently use.

I want this! I returned my Fit Bit Blaze because of missing features like this. This sounds like the fitness tracker I've been waiting for.

Do you use the autoshot tracking feature? If so, what are your impressions? That's another feature that's got me interested.

I have a GameGolf so I haven't used the autoshot feature. But, I really do like this GPS so far after about 4 rounds.

Ha! I'm hoping that this option would eliminate my Game Golf pondering.

I must say, I'm seriously now pondering returning the Garmin S20 and trying the x40 when it comes out. It does everything the S20 does with the following exemptions: no odometer, smaller screen, less battery life (8 hours GPS mode instead of 12 and 5 days in watch mode instead of 8 weeks). Also, it says the battery is "not replaceable".

But, it is touch screen, had a heartbeat monitor built into the wrist, and more compact, which I think I would prefer.

bumping this to see if anyone has picked it up yet? I may just go ahead and do so, but was hoping to see or hear some feedback first.

Back