R9 TP vs 4X Pro Irons

Brazz

Reaction score
Handicap
JB or anyone.......could you give a quick breakdown as far as how these clubs compare to one another. Forgiveness between the two is my main concern.
Thanks.

SORRY THAT SHOULD HAVE READ 4DX PRO !

Last edited:
Do you mean Nickent 4DX Pro irons?

Loved the Nickents for feel. Some of the best feeling I have ever tried.

The R9 TP has more forgiveness though. In fact quite a bit more.

However I will also add that I dont find either one all that forgiving.

I game the Nickents and by the end of the season I'm playing pretty well.I'm looking for a Winter time set to use up here in Oregon for Winter/Spring that has some more forgiveness.I was leaning toward the standard R9's but thought I would inquire about the TP's.The other benefit of the standard R9's would be the wider soles for the wet conditions around here at that time.Would I notice a big jump in forgiveness with the TP's over the Nickents or should I just go with the standard R9's if I'm looking for a easy swinging club to play during the off season.

No, there is not a huge jump in forgiveness. You have to ask yourself why you want the TPs over the regular ones. If you are looking for more forgiveness, the regular version could be right up your alley. If there is a specific reason the TPs make more sense, then obviously take a look.

I think it was the fact that I like the looks of the TP's better but the point of the backup set is forgiveness so I just need to check myself and go with the regular R9's.
Thanks .

I think both are forgiving for a "players iron." But if you are looking for forgiveness, JB is right, the regular R9's are probably the best option for you. I was also debating between these 3 clubs for quite a while. I personally feel like I can hit the Nickent and the TP's fairly easily, but the main thing for me was a good mix of forgiveness and workability. I debated between the regular R9's and TP's for a long time, and found that I can actually work the ball almost just as well with the regular's as the TP's. I also got an extra 5 yards out of the regular R9's. If you were to get the R9's, once you play with them for a while, you begin to not notice the difference, as the TP's are not all that different in looks. It is all personal preference, but after playing with these sticks for a good 3 months, I have absolutely no regret with going with the regular R9's over the TP's or the Nickents. (not only that, but the regular R9's are cheaper than the TP's). This is all my opinion. Just demo the heck out of all of them before Winter starts, you got some time. Happy Golfing!

Back