gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm almost 100% sure the answer will be know but I will ask. I like to try to putt to something close, and if I hit that I feel like the putt will go in. ( If any of you get what I'm saying) is it illegal to put your ballmark in the ground at the spot you think you need to hit it. As I said I'm pretty sure you can't, Jw.

Tournament play? no.

Practice play? for sure, go ahead man. Seems like a good trainer

Ok thanks, also, I heard people talking about In Big Break DR that Brian was penalized for having his hand on the ground. What was that about, don't people like Camillo always put their hand on the green. I guess I'm confused to what you can and can't do on the putting surface.

Ok thanks, also, I heard people talking about In Big Break DR that Brian was penalized for having his hand on the ground. What was that about, don't people like Camillo always put their hand on the green. I guess I'm confused to what you can and can't do on the putting surface.

You can't place anything on the putting green to indicate your line of putt (or anywhere else on the golf course to indicate your line of play). You are not allowed to touch your line of putt for any reason except to remove loose impediments or repair a pitch mark. I didn't see the episode, but if he touched his or his partner's line of putt then he was in breach of Rule 8-2b.

You can't place anything on the putting green to indicate your line of putt (or anywhere else on the golf course to indicate your line of play). You are not allowed to touch your line of putt for any reason except to remove loose impediments or repair a pitch mark. I didn't see the episode, but if he touched his or his partner's line of putt then he was in breach of Rule 8-2b.

They were saying he brushed his hand on the green to try and get a feel for the grain. which rule would that be ?

About the 1:30 mark of the video is the incident in question.

They were saying he brushed his hand on the green to try and get a feel for the grain. which rule would that be ?

Ok... now that it's been explained what he did then the rule he was accused of breaching was 16-1d :nono:

It's a bad idea to do anything that even looks like you are testing the putting surface. I make it a point to never touch the putting green except for what I stated in my first post. Even then you have to use care or you could still be in breach of 16-1d. If your actions in brushing sand from your line of putt might also test the surface, then you are still in breach. Caution is advised.

Back