Budget Golf Ball Shootout

I've been getting the Srixon ZStar's in yellow for $60 for 2 dozen. Before that I was really liking the Titelist DT Solo's for $20.00 a dozen and you can find them at that price everywhere.

Found some DT Solo's on usedgolfballs.com for $8.00 a dozen. Bought 3 dozen, about half had logo's and all were in great condition!

Last edited:
I personnally get my balls from knetgolf or Walmart and it's all Zstar X, Bridgestone B330 and Pro V1X and I never pay more than 15 to 20$ a dozen, they may be refurbished but they're in great shape. If I had to pick a new ball on a budget, I agree with Yoccos, the Nike PD Soft is a great ball for the price.

Can the average player get fit for golf balls that aren't just titleist and bridgestone. I've played Bridgestone's before and they're definitely on my list. If you went into a major golf store though like golf galaxy or golftec could they do a ball fitting.
I guess my question would be this. You should pick a driver based on launch numbers, pick a shaft based on launch numbers, why not pick a ball based on actual fitting too?

If you guys are really like thos nike pd's on global golf they already have the 2011 vapors at a great price.

At it's price point the Burner Tours are very tough to beat

Anyone used the Nike Karmas?

Back