Vehicle gas mileage

I have an '05 Honda Accord 6 cyl and an '07 Honda Accord 6. On a recent driving trip from NJ to Idaho with the '05, we got up to 33 mpg on interstate 80 on cruise control at around 75 mph! I was VERY happy. We usually get around 24-26 commuting around NYC.

My play car is an 03 Ford Cobra with a few mods and it gets about 18mpg on the hiway. My work car is a 98 Lexus LS 400 with 170k miles and it gets a little over 24mpg. I live 20 miles from where I work and it's all hiway driving 70-80mph.

It just doesn't get any better than my wife's car... 12mpg in town 15-17 on the road. Luckily she doesn't put too many mile on per year.

I am getting over 40mpg on average in this

2008_lancia_delta_3.jpg

Lancia Delta. The nice thing is it's a 2 liter turbo, so its fast and fun as well as economical. On the highway the mileage is incredible.

I drive a 2008 Infiniti EX all wheel drive with a 300 hp V6 and drive 62 miles round trip a day to and from work and get 23-26 in town , and it depends on how much wind we have blowing . I find when its above 25 mph winds I go down a few MPG's a tank .
I drove it to Colorado last year and got 30mpg at 75 MPH , and had it up to 122mph out in the flats of western Kansas with no one around , it was wanting more but the wife told me to slow down ...... LOL
I wanted the 2008 EVO X or the Subby WRX but the wife can't drive a stick . :sad:

My Milan runs about 24-25 mpg in town and about 35-36 mpg on the highway. Definitely no complaints from me. Looking real hard at the new Focus that's coming out this spring to replace it in '12 when my lease is up. After seeing and driving it at the beginning of December, that little car is punching way above it's weight class on features and will be an EPA 40 mpg highway with 160 hp.

Back