L2 Lateral Line Putter

ken419

Return of the Hack
Reaction score
Handicap
Oh Yeah
[EDIT] It's supposed to be LaterAL Line putter...

Anyone else ever try one of these? Tried one at a golf show in Cleveland last year...not bad.

[video=youtube;_Mp8-CMClIc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mp8-CMClIc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

I actually tried this a couple seasons ago with a long putter. Didn't stick with it but I can see how it could work well. Kinda like Snead's sidesaddle method but with a longer putter.

Edited thread title.

I'm curious if anyone has tried this. I saw a video of Gary McCord using this style of putting. I also read an article covering the benefits of it and the lie angle the putter has to be in order to conform to the rules. Looks interesting.

But then he quit using it.

This concept seems absolutly ridiculous to me. Sorry, but that's just not how you putt. How many of you have been taught to putt by LOOKING AT THE HOLE?!?!?!?! none.

Maybe it has some industry, but that industry is NOT BulldogsGolf's Stand bag....

This concept seems absolutly ridiculous to me. Sorry, but that's just not how you putt. How many of you have been taught to putt by LOOKING AT THE HOLE?!?!?!?! none.

Maybe it has some industry, but that industry is NOT BulldogsGolf's Stand bag....

I know people that do that and it works for them. It does work well for some people. I believe Sam Snead started this Concept with a 90 degree putter and made a crapload of putts. You should try it. It might help. I've seen it help a ton of people.

From the iPhone.

There's a rule I'm pretty sure now that your putter has to have a lie of at least 10 or something.

i got this putter 2 weeks ago, i like it for a few reasons, 1 i can practice for 2 hours without any back pain, 2 it makes sense to me so mentally im better, 3 i love the weight of it. I had a great experience, i emailed a few questions in and that night the maker John Ambrose called me and we talked for 40 min on some of my questions. i realize its not for everyone however i know my putting is already better. i recomend it

I putt like this quite often, and I dont own one of those putters.

its true i did see you do this at grand cypress

Me too. This is how I do lag putts as I've found it get it way closer to the hole then conventional putting. If I try it to close to the hole I can get the speed terribly wrong though

For all that it looks weird, I've found the technique works in certain situations.

I saw a guy getting his putter modified to putt like this a few months back at the local golf shop. It's a very interesting concept and that youtube video is very well done. I do have a few questions of how well you could keep yourself aligned correctly though on a nasty downhill right to left slider though......

Ok so I have been hitting this for 4 months now and it has taken a bit of time getting it down but I went from hitting 45 putts average, down to 33 average, it's been a huge improvement to my game, I love how it feels, my big problem now is reading greens not miss hits or yips

Back