Valentine's Day: A Hallmark holiday?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
This is the one that just gets shoved down your throats. My wife and I don't go all out on this one. We buy cards and send each other an e-card or two, but other than that we don't do anything special. Our thought is what's the point of one day a year to show someone you love them? Shouldn't it be a 24/7/365 kind of deal? We try to show how we feel every day, not just February 14th.

No special dinner for us. In fact, I have a 6:30 and 8:00 appointment tomorrow so I won't even be home! Unless the people realize what day they agreed to see me! haha

We did put our names in the entry for a free dinner at BD's Mongolian but they haven't called us to let us know we won, so we aren't counting on that!

Maybe nowadays its just for the elementary school kids who spend 4 hours the night before making little valentines cards to the girls they are crushing on in their classroom. Then they drop it in their little mailboxes at the ends of their desks.

We are going out to dinner with friends, but it isn't a "valentines dinner" just a dinner that happened to fall on the day.

Valentines Day is busy at the Monkey Disco. Pandute and I plan on celebrating on Wednesday. I still need to by a card, but I did get her a chocolate massage at the spa. It sounded different and clam likes different.

Valentines Day is busy at the Monkey Disco. Pandute and I plan on celebrating on Wednesday. I still need to by a card, but I did get her a chocolate massage at the spa. It sounded different and clam likes different.

Chocolate massage? even i like the sound of that... could you choose dark or milk?

Chocolate massage? even i like the sound of that... could you choose dark or milk?

I am not sure what it is but they suggested it when i called the spa. I hope she likes it!

Anything chocolate is good. Guess I'll go get another package of Hershey Kisses, the package with the three different kinds of chocolate in them.

We dont celebrate it and consider it a Hallmark holiday just as your title states. We completely ignore it and both agree that its a made up holiday that bears no real reason to be celebrated.

We dont celebrate it and consider it a Hallmark holiday just as your title states. We completely ignore it and both agree that its a made up holiday that bears no real reason to be celebrated.

Unless you buy chocolate. Any excuse to buy chocolate! hahaha

(Not the heart shaped box kind, just the regular, everyday chocolate!)

We went out to dinner tonight. Tomorrow we'll give a card and something small. We don't usually get that in to it.

Its the one day a year you can be predictable and get triple brownie points. Ill take all the help I can get.

Its the one day a year you can be predictable and get triple brownie points. Ill take all the help I can get.

Quick question: are you still with the same person as last year? Or the year before? Or the year before? etc.

I get brownie points for remembering birthdays, anniversaries, cooking dinner and just because.

Birthdays and anniversaries are easy. And yes, I have been with my girlfriend for almost 4 years. I like to do things just because, but my girlfriend puts up with more than enough with my school and job. She likes holidays, and me helping her celebrate them makes her happy.

Quick question: are you still with the same person as last year? Or the year before? Or the year before? etc.

I get brownie points for remembering birthdays, anniversaries, cooking dinner and just because.

Birthdays and anniversaries are easy. And yes, I have been with my girlfriend for almost 4 years. I like to do things just because, but my girlfriend puts up with more than enough with my school and job. She likes holidays, and me helping her celebrate them makes her happy.

Good for you. So when are you gonna make an honest woman out of her? hehe

Don't take 7 years like Gasman!

Back