Bogey317

SeeMore Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone know of a reputable seller of R9 shaft adapter? The only ones I find on the Bay are from China. I don't want to risk it being a fake. I tried searching for other threads, but I didn't find anything helpful. Thanks.

R9 Shaft tips

R9 Shaft tips

I want to have a VS Proto 65-S pulled from an existing driver, and add an R9 tip to use in a Supertri.

How can I determine if I need the .335 or the .350?

Thanks!

Did you check the sticky in this forum to see if the driver is listed?

Did you check the sticky in this forum to see if the driver is listed?

Thanks JB. I have now. I found the head that I have (Nike Sumo SQ 5000), but it lists a different shaft, with a tip diameter of .335. Does that mean that my VS Proto shaft in that head must also be .335?

Thanks JB. I have now. I found the head that I have (Nike Sumo SQ 5000), but it lists a different shaft, with a tip diameter of .335. Does that mean that my VS Proto shaft in that head must also be .335?

I cant answer that one for you, but I would say it certainly could be and is even likely. But without it being standard or seeing it, I hate to say "it is".

I also have a VS Proto shaft that was pulled from a Nike driver. I believe it is a .350 tip because my club builder had to use a shim when I put a .335 shaft in that head. I can vouch for the R9 tips from Golf Smith, I use one in my R9 and its holding up great. Let me know how you like the Proto shaft in the R9, I'm thinking about putting an adapter on my shaft and trying it.

I cant answer that one for you, but I would say it certainly could be and is even likely. But without it being standard or seeing it, I hate to say "it is".

While not the standard shaft for that head, the VS Proto was one of the OEM options. I bought the combo off the shelf at Dicks....

I guess I'll roll the dice and order the .335 tip.

Is pulling the shaft and adding the R9 tip something that any golf shop should be able to do for me? If so, any idea how much that should cost me (if I supply the tip)?

Thanks.

While not the standard shaft for that head, the VS Proto was one of the OEM options. I bought the combo off the shelf at Dicks....

Is pulling the shaft and adding the R9 tip something that any golf shop should be able to do for me? If so, any idea how much that should cost me (if I supply the tip)?

Thanks.

That I cant answer for you, because I do my own work here. But its not a hard process for most club tinkerers, so I would think they could.

Thanks.

When I had the stock shaft pulled out of my Diablo Edge and the Miyazaki installed it cost me less than $20 (may have been more like $10). I had it done at Edwin Watts.

Am I correct in thinking all r9 tips will fit in all heads whether it is a tp or regular head?

This link says that the item won't be shipped until 3/21/11 (two weeks). Anybody know another reputable source that has them in stock?

Thanks!

Just checked back on the Golfsmith site, and it said shipping info has changed to "today, if ordered before 9 am CST". I didn't make that deadline, but did pull the trigger it'll ship tomorrow.

Back