Just seen on NHL on the Fly...

Eric Goddard (PIT) - 10 game suspension
Trevor Gillies (NYI) - 9 game suspension
Matt Martin (NYI) - 4 game suspension
New York Islanders - team fined $100,000

EDIT: From NHL.com:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=552570

Last edited:
Philly WILL bring the Cup to Broadstreet this year!!

Looks like it could finally be Van's year, the blueline will only get healthier, added a little depth at the deadline.. fingers crossed

I've been thinking the same thing, they got even better after the trades as well.

They are definetly the favorites right now. All it takes is an upstart team to get hot to upset their season though. Just ask the Washington Capitals...

Sorry Philly fans I think my Canucks will be a force coming out of the west this year!! Provided we don't play Chicago ever in the playoffs!! hehe :banghead:

Hey there hockey fans!

I kinda just started getting into hockey so I'll probably be following your banter here to help me navigate what is happening in the league.

I'm not really a fan of any particular organization yet since I live in Indianapolis and we have 4 different teams around us. I just enjoy watching the games and by the end of this year I'll decide where my loyalties lie. So if you're a fan of Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis or Nashville and wanna make a case for your team I'll gladly listen. :act-up:

So if you're a fan of Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis or Nashville and wanna make a case for your team I'll gladly listen. :act-up:

Chicago - you will have a team loaded with superstars for the next 10+ years. You will also always struggle to fit complimentary players into the lineup because of the salary cap.
Columbus - you will always wonder a) how they can squander so much talent b) how hard can it be to find a center for Rick Nash and c) why they thought a phallic mascot was a good thing, nevermind how shortlived it was.
St Louis - you will have one of the best home jerseys in hockey and a team with loads of talent crumbling under the weight of expectations from management.
Nashville - you will always be rooting for the underdog and will never get the respect you deserve. You will seemingly overachieve every regular season, only to bow out early in the playoffs, partially due to being cash strapped by the owner.

Wow....shouldn't have opened my big fat mouth....4 games in a row down the drain, and then we get our asses handed to us by the Rangers......aarrrgg!

Hey there hockey fans!

I kinda just started getting into hockey so I'll probably be following your banter here to help me navigate what is happening in the league.

I'm not really a fan of any particular organization yet since I live in Indianapolis and we have 4 different teams around us. I just enjoy watching the games and by the end of this year I'll decide where my loyalties lie. So if you're a fan of Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis or Nashville and wanna make a case for your team I'll gladly listen. :act-up:

Just getting into hockey? I don't even know what that would ever feel like, but Welcome! At least you picked 4 teams that have cool jerseys. I'm a
Chicago fan myself. Always room for one more rootin for Chitown!

From the iPhone.

Hey there hockey fans!

Well you could look further west and a little North. We accept all fans.. Go Canucks!!

Trevor Gillies is a ****ing disgrace. If Campbell lets this asshole on the ice again he is an idiot and should just resign. The guy averages less than 3min a game yet has 124 PIM. Oh and Bylsma easily gets Coach of the Year, take any teams #1 and #2 away, and we're talking the kind of fire power Crosby and Malkin provide and most teams would sink faster than the titanic. Take Ovechkin and Semin out of the Caps lineup, see where they'd be. Defense and goaltending have kept the Pens in the thick of things. Pens fans were calling for Fleury's head at the beginning of the season, trade, he's a bust, ect ect ect. They look pretty stupid now don't they.

Last edited:
Pens fans were calling for Fleury's head at the beginning of the season, trade, he's a bust, ect ect ect. They look pretty stupid now don't they.

I'll admit, Flower had me worried a little bit at the beginning of the season. His 'slump' usually occurs in either January or February.

An exciting game between the Blues and the Jackets last night, both are teams I'm scouting for the right to have my fan-dom. :clapp:

If this doesnt get the maximum, the league is protecting their star players. His hands raised at the perfect time to deck max. I hate the canadians but this is too far.

Good news: Max can barely move his hands and feet, but any movement is good right?

If this doesnt get the maximum, the league is protecting their star players. His hands raised at the perfect time to deck max. I hate the canadians but this is too far.

Good news: Max can barely move his hands and feet, but any movement is good right?

He has movement in all his limbs and is alert which is very good news. I totally agree with you that it was a reckless hit and dirty hit, but it will be hard to prove he intended to have him collide with the stanchion. He will plead accidental and that he didn't mean to hurt him. He should still get a minimum of 5 games, I'm guessing 5-7 (but I would give him season and playoffs to send a message). What pisses me off the most is if happened to the Bruins they would be up in arms, but since it's someone else it wasn't a bad hit (not just the bruins, all teams are like this)

Exactly! You can see where Chara released his limbs and forced Pacioretty into the stanchion. You can see it. this has been getting out of hand. Id give him season and playoffs too. But then the bruins will feel picked on.

I don't know, it didn't look like a bad hit to me (other than the interference) more of an unfortunate incident of hitting that divider. His arms don't look like they came up above Max's shoulders (I can't tell if his elbow hit him in the head after he hit the divider or not) and the hit was from the side. I don't know, the 2 players have a history from what the announcers are saying, but only Chara would really know of the intent.
I've been a huge Habs fan for over 30 years and I don't think it was a bad hit, other than the interference, just an unfortunate circumstance. I hope Max fully recovers.

Chara did finish his check, which he shouldn't have, but It's not as if he gained extra speed and rammed him into the divider. Chara's a big guy and usually has his hands and arms around the upper body of the other player, it just gives him extra leverage a normal sized player wouldn't have. This is certainly not a check the NHL, "needs to make a statement" on. There are plenty of other dirty checks and fisticuffs that don't need to occur before they start worrying about weird rink conditions and the injuries that come from them.

Exactly! You can see where Chara released his limbs and forced Pacioretty into the stanchion. You can see it. this has been getting out of hand. Id give him season and playoffs too. But then the bruins will feel picked on.

They were big proponents of longer suspension after Cooke's hit on Savard, if the NHL folds on this, they're gonna look really bad.

I have no issues with Chara using his size to hit players. I have a problem with him abusing his size to hurt players. That was clear in this case. His arms came up and gave Pacioretty 1 way to go. And that was to the hospital.
Chara did finish his check, which he shouldn't have, but It's not as if he gained extra speed and rammed him into the divider. Chara's a big guy and usually has his hands and arms around the upper body of the other player, it just gives him extra leverage a normal sized player wouldn't have. This is certainly not a check the NHL, "needs to make a statement" on. There are plenty of other dirty checks and fisticuffs that don't need to occur before they start worrying about weird rink conditions and the injuries that come from them.

In any other arena that play is nothing more than an interference call. I don't think the NHL should suspend him. Hopefully Max is ok, he was on my fantasy team!

They were big proponents of longer suspension after Cooke's hit on Savard, if the NHL folds on this, they're gonna look really bad.

At the time the hit on Savard was a legal hit. That's why no suspension was handed out. The NHL has since realized that type of hit has no place, and as such changed the rule. Chara's hit last night was not dirty, he finished his check. It was an unfortunate incident that occurred at the most dangerous part of the rink (second being if a bench door is open). I think everyone who has come out to speak about the hit and have played with Chara has said he doesn't have a dirty bone in his body, he plays physical, but he intention is never to injure another player. Even the Montreal players were stating after the game they didn't feel any ill intent, rather an unfortunate incident.

I understand that the Savard hit was legal, I knew no major suspension would come of it at the time. All my saying is the Bruins stepped up to promote safety for the players. I've played hockey a long time and at a good level, NHL players know where they are on the ice at all times. Chara had plenty of time to finish his check all along the bench but waited til they reached the stanchion. I fully believe his intent wasn't to cause the resulting injury, but to drive Pacioretty into the stanchion.

Back