2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

Cold front hitting across the US it appears. Most of us will be bracing ourselves but I’m pretty sure @KEV and @radiman will be outside in shorts and flip flops hitting wedge shots.
Lol, it's even too cold for me. Living in this my entire life does not mean I ever really accept it or get used to it. Each winter is worse than the one before.

Lol, it's even too cold for me. Living in this my entire life does not mean I ever really accept it or get used to it. Each winter is worse than the one before.
I hear you man. If I could get my wife to move I'd be gone. I grew kind of fond of Carlsbad and La Quinta ?.

I hear you man. If I could get my wife to move I'd be gone. I grew kind of fond of Carlasbad and La Quinta ?.
I told my wife I would scope out some houses while I am down there. Maybe Callaway needs to increase their IT staff, then I would be set.

Think warm happy thoughts! Sunshine, blue skies, palm trees....

56B80C45-106B-4EFF-9A2C-11B985C308CF.jpeg

Those views absolutely never get old. Ever. Take me back.

As much as this THP team is scaring me at times with the conversation in here, I still want to get a chance to take on the #ZooCrew in #TheGrandaddy one day

Although I think I might need to work on my trash talk following this years talk up to now, or maybe I just let my game do the talking on the course and be the silent assassin of the team :starwars:

As much as this THP team is scaring me at times with the conversation in here, I still want to get a chance to take on the #ZooCrew in #TheGrandaddy one day

Although I think I might need to work on my trash talk following this years talk up to now, or maybe I just let my game do the talking on the course and be the silent assassin of the team :starwars:

this has been on my mind lately. our team has the benefit of as much as 6 months of chatter. the banter has produced some running jokes that make a lot of sense to us, and we find funny. it's easy for us to forget that the history isn't there for the rest of the forum. so i hope you guys know it's all in good fun, it's a peek into the banter we've been cultivating as a team, but it's lighthearted and goofy. keeping things light and fun and focusing on building the strongest relationships possible has been at the center of mine and @mikeg_74's vision.

this has been on my mind lately. our team has the benefit of as much as 6 months of chatter. the banter has produced some running jokes that make a lot of sense to us, and we find funny. it's easy for us to forget that the history isn't there for the rest of the forum. so i hope you guys know it's all in good fun, it's a peek into the banter we've been cultivating as a team, but it's lighthearted and goofy. keeping things light and fun and focusing on building the strongest relationships possible has been at the center of mine and @mikeg_74's vision.

Completely get it, and my comment is in fun as well, and like I said, I hope to be part of that team one day

It is too cold for real practice and the courses are closed up. But, I did take the plunge on a swing analysis and series of lessons aimed at cleaning up some inconsistencies in my swing for my fitting. A few good things I can take into my fitting so far. Even though my current irons are 2 degrees upright, I am still delivering the club with the toe down a little bit. That doesn't help my miss which is a push. So, we will have to see where I am at the end of these lessons in a few weeks and see if that changes.

Otherwise, I am just working on some drills to get my lower body firing first. The thought is, if I can get my sequence more efficient, I should be able to have more control over the club face. Using a pillow leaned up against our couch as an impact bag. My wife is not a fan, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I will say, I don't think my swing is too far off though. So, just some minor work to be done.

The thing with us isn’t that we aren’t afraid to own our weird quirks and traits - we embrace them. So buckle up, buttercups, because it’s going to be a wild* ride.

*we also plan on having the best time ever and sharing it with everyone and it’s not going to be that wild but well... yeah I can’t defend the milk and peanut butter on pizza. So maybe it will be that wild.

November... When the subtle approach of the Grandaddy is effectively unavoidable.
November.... when it really hits past participants that they aren’t going to the Grandaddy in 3 or 4 weeks

if today was any indication of what i’m bringing to california, @JasonFinleyCG might earn his first 10 & 8. thanks to @MWard and life in general for putting me in my place today haha

You might be able to halve a couple holes

Last edited:
I told my wife I would scope out some houses while I am down there. Maybe Callaway needs to increase their IT staff, then I would be set.

Can you tell me to restart my computer? If so, you might be a candidate.

10&8 seems a little excessive.

Was sitting here amazed at the beautiful pictures past guys are throwing up!!! Going to be great dropping putts on @Luke WilliamsCG on those beautiful greens. Might even have a celebratory cookie after every hole.

Somebody take that milk away from Snickerdoodle, I think he has had too much already today :ROFLMAO:

Back