Your Hypothetical 2020 WITB - Whatcha Thinking?

Here is what I would be thinking for next year:

Likely to Stick
TM M6 9* with either GD AD MT 6 in stiff or GD AD DI 5 stiff. Likely to stick with the right shaft.
TM M6 14.5* w/ Oban Isawa m4 flex. Definitely will stick. Just paid a bunch of money for it after a fitting.
Bettinardi BB39
Callaway PM Grind 54* & 58* (although if irons change gap needs could put all wedges at risk)

Up for consideration:
Callaway Epic Heavenwood. Needs a shaft change and may look for a M5 5W and reshaft with the Isawa.
Srixon U85 23* likely will look at a more traditional hybrid looking for a little more height.

Irons are definitely up for grabs. I am going to do a fitting in the spring looking at some of the hollow body options like the Epic Forged, Cobras or P790s. I am looking for some more distance with the same accuracy/control I have. Current sets are:
Ping i200s 5-PW w/Steelfiber 95 stiff Ping Glide 2.0 50*
Srixon 545s 5-AW with XCaliber Pro 85 stiff.

The Srixons are freshly shafted so they could make a run if the shafts work well. I like the look and feel of the heads.

My g400max is likely not going anywhere, I may be looking for new fw if I can only change out one or two clubs. If I save up a bunch it'll be irons, no idea what I'll get as if definitely want to do a fitting, but hopefully either apex combos or forged tec

Same boat. Really happy with the bag as I ahve been reforming it over the last few weeks. That being said, one or two good THP experiences may completely turn that on its head. :D

I shouldn't have said anything.......c'est la vie! Let's see what February 21st brings. o_O

Ugh, my bag is in continual evolvement... I just replaced my irons and wedges and love my F9 driver.

However, some things I want to look at:
  • Speedzone driver
  • Cobra Forged Tec irons - I can’t help myself and would serve as a good swap out for my Epic Forged
  • King Cobra wedges
  • Jaws wedges
  • New Bettinardi putter
  • There’s still a gap where my 3W sits.. maybe a super hybrid? A cut down Ventus shaft for my current 3 or 5w? There’s something I need in that gap

Pretty much set for 2020. Maybe a SpeedZone with a PX Riptide Black @ 44.75.

Driver: Epic Flash
FW slot: either a Wilson Fy or Cally Super Hybrid
Hybrids: Cobra TRails or old faithfuls: Exotics Xrail (4 and 5h)
Irons: Cobra T-Rail 6-PW
Wedges: CBX 50/56/60, Sure Out 64
Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Tyne H - although looking hard at the Cleveland Frontline Elevado and Spider Tour X Chalk

That new Bird of Prey putter has me intrigued enough to look at it, but 2020 is not going to the year to buy optional stuff. Putter is the only vulnerable club in the bag, and the fault probably is not in the club.

Driver is maybe on the block if the Mavrik has the numbers and maybe the Super Hybrid will knock out my 3w. Bird of Prey will get tested, but it’s got dang big shoes to fill.

The Known
Ben Hogan PTx Irons and UST Recoils are in the bag for 2020.
They are going to need a set of DBM Equalizer wedges to go with them.
SWAG One

The Ponders
Cobra SpeedZone, a few UST shafts to sort though
Big Tour 3
Hybrid - big ponder, don't know where I'm headed.
Driving Iron - ditto

Driver- Epic Flash - pretty safe
Fw - Mavrik or Speedzone
Hybrid - G410 is pretty safe
Irons - likely forged tec, less likely miz hmb
Wedges - no idea. Going to try a lot
Putter - Odyssey 7S

I recently replaced my irons and driver, so the only thing I might want to try is to find a fwy or hybrid that I can actually hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bag is pretty set for 2020 with addition Titleist 620 MB to the bag. Only potential addition would be a new driver. If one can kick out my M5.
DSC00082-3.jpg

✅ signifies already in the bag and set for 2020
⚠️ signifies may be in for an upgrade or on dream list

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash SZ ✅
3 or 5W - Cobra F8+ ⚠️ Wish list Epic Flash/Mavrik or Callaway SH (17*)
3 Hyb - Cobra F8 ⚠️ Wish list - depends if anything happen in 3/5 woods
Utility - Srixon U85 4 ✅
Irons - Callaway Apex Pros 5-PW ✅
Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 ⚠️ Wish list Callaway Jaws MD5 (50,54,58)
Putter - Odyssey 10s ✅

If I happen to get into a THP Experience that has an equipment tie-in, then obviously my bag will change with that.

Otherwise, it will stay the same with likely a different shaft in my 3 wood (probably Accra TZ6 65) and will change the shafts in my Hogan GS53 5 wood and VKTR 4 hybrid so hopefully they will finally be able to replace the old Callaway clubs.

I’m pretty well set at driver, wedges, and putter; everything else is on the waiver wire. Although I will try out the new Cobra/Callaway offerings, I’m going to give Cleveland a serious look as well.

Would love to find a dependable utility of hybrid.

My current bag is most likely going to get another year.

I'd like to find a way to incorporate a Super Hybrid into my bag but I'm not sure I'll have the time to figure out how to do it properly.
I'd like to add a new & sharp 56* wedge. MD5 is frontrunner to replace the well used MD4.
I'd like to tinker with a set of techy irons like Epic Forged or HMB bent to really weak lofts.

I need a bag!! Bag and putter are tops on the list for this year. Bag, putter, and hybrid.

:datrek: stand bag is dunzo. When I started playing again I fancied myself an occasional walker. I am not. I'm over it. I want a handsome cart or staff bag that screams cart-only player.
One or both of the :taylormade:M5 or :callaway: Epic Flash SZ drivers. I'll try the Mavrik though and anything is possible.
M4 Tour 3W can stay.
M4 3H is going to go. Want to get my hands on :callaway:'s super hybrid and see what's what. Really like the look of it, and have very few swings with any of their hybrids.
:callaway: Apex 19 combo (4-GW) is likely to stay for a bit. Would love to love the new Cobra forged tec, but with that long head shape they'd have to crush the apex pros on results to win out.
:cleveland: RTX3s. are new and can stay. I did play a :titleist:D-grind SM7 on vacation a bit though and it was niiiice. I don't know. Wedges changed a lot while I wasn't playing. Still feel like I'm catching up.
:odyssey: O-Works #2 is going to go. Performed well once I got used to it. 29.6 Total, 1.73/GIR, 1.37/nonGIR with that putter. I don't like the look or sound of it though. The color scheme is horrific. The Stroke Labs feel a little better. Going to try a #3 and #9 for a bit and see how they work for me. If I'm not impressed by any by mid summer I'll shell out for something custom and stick with it for.. forever. I really don't like changing putters. It's too delicate and final a thing to throw regular changes at and expect good results.

Oh!! I'll tell you what I really need in 2020. I need :kbs: to offer Tour V's in black. Any black. Nickel, matte, I don't care. I just can't get any shaft to quite match Tour V results for me. I keep testing it, and it keeps holding true. Give me them in black and I'll reshaft everything and never look back!!

Last edited:
My 2020 bag is set but I know ill definitely try the new TM Sim drivers and woods

I’m pretty happy with part of it but I am a tinkerer.

Driver- work in progress right now. Rogue, Ping G410 and who knows what’s next? Mavrick?

FW- I have a Callaway Fusion that I hit really well and an EF that I don’t. Wanna change the EF shaft and see if I can become more consistent with it. It’s definitely longer.

Irons- Apex 19. Very happy here. Only change is adding a 5 iron and possibly a 4 or UT.

Wedges- really this is my next place of focus. Need a fitting for sure.

Putter- I have 4 in just 6 months of golfing so I think there is no miracle cure for me, just need to pick one and practice. I can’t read greens for nothing. Maybe a couple lessons are in order.

Everything I already have in my bag plus a new driver. I’m thinking about the G410 LST, but I’m not sure what shaft.

I'm playing my current bag with the hope of dropping my handicap a few strokes.

Driver: most likely my Epic Flash but will look hard at the new Mavrik

3 wood: stick with Epic Flash

5 wood/hybrid: I'm debating whether to move from my Flash 5 wood to try and fix a gap issue or continue trying to figure that club out.

4 iron/hybrid/UT: I love my Apex UT but wouldn't mind upgrading to something newer. I may end up just bending this one a little stronger though.

Irons: I need to change here. The debate now is whether to re-shaft my Apex Pros or look for a set Apex Combo heads. I'm leaning toward the combo now, just have to find a set of heads. I also want to hit the new Cobra offering out of pure curiosity.

Wedges:I just picked up a 56* Jaws that I'll give a try otherwise I may go to the Cleveland RTX 4. My 60* PM Grind is firmly planted in the bag unless I switch up wedge lofting.

Putter: unless something amazing comes out I'll be rolling my Toulon Atlanta.

Going to stick with the Epic Flash SZ in the driver and 5 wood. My 919 tour irons, vokey sm7s, and Evnroll ER7 are safe. The only addition that will most likely happen is a Mizuno HMB 3 iron.

i'm so happy that my bag is not hypothetical! it is set in stone.

driver- Callaway Mavrik
3w- Callaway "something"
5w- Callaway "something"
h- Callaway Super Hybrid
I- Callaway "something"
w- Callaway MD5 Jaws
p- Odyssey "something"
b- Callaway "something"

on the bag, it will either be the ogio shadow fuse we received in the granddaddy, or the custom vessel bag I commissioned leading up to the granddaddy. the ogio bag has a 14-way divider and i'm not sold on it yet. it is growing on me, though.

the only potential change I could see would be the 3w spot. I would like to test the 3w I was fit into against a 4w in another of Callaway's offerings, either current or future. we didn't test the 3w at ecpc, just the 5w (and the 5w is absolutely spectacular). so far the 3w has been a bit of a mixed bag, as every 3w in the history of time has been for me. so maybe a 4w for another tee option would be an idea.

Back