Best in home putting mats

I have this as well. I think it works great and won't break the bank. To me you really can't do much more indoors except groove your stroke. This does that.
Have it also. Can't complain. It rolls great and always returns.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have a Birdieball green and enjoy it. Got it second hand from Craigslist a few years ago. Only bring it out in the winter time to scratch the itch. Nice to be able to roll it up and put it away when necessary. Does feel a little "styrofoamy" but works nice.

I have a 20'x4' birdie ball. It is very polarizing. Yes, it is a piece of green foam. It has zero durability. Kids/pets will destroy it. It does roll as nice as anything else I've tried and is quite comparable to the roll of the greens on the course I most frequent. I really like mine for putting practice and I chip onto it as well. Mine is in my basement far from the kids and dog where it stays permanently laid out. If you must constantly roll it up or have kids/dogs near it, you likely not be pleased with it.

I bought a Big Moss putting green about 7 years ago and have been very pleased with it.

i second Big Moss. I am local to their headquarters and they were running a black Friday deal so i decided to give them a call. Its a small shop, maybe two guys. I spoke with Tony, the owner, and he was very accommodating in getting me their commander patio green for a huge discount because it had a minor tear on the foam underneath. Product is quality. Highly recommend.

I am partial to this one in my basement. I guess it will do :alien:
345698582f60e50543f7c4438e0ea9be.jpg
b95f951150f8333cf79299b9782814f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm considering picking up a Competitor from Big Moss. Looks like I'd get the most bang for my buck with that model!

Can't remember the name of mine, it's a simple one but luckily has a ball return. Gets the job done.

I'm about to buy a PuttOut mat but curious to see what you guys are using indoors. Looks like Big Moss and Birdieball were popular choices a few years ago.

Still have my birdie ball green and love it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm about to buy a PuttOut mat but curious to see what you guys are using indoors. Looks like Big Moss and Birdieball were popular choices a few years ago.

for the space it takes it takes up and how flat it lays, the PuttOut mat is the best.

I’m very happy with my PuttOut mat. Lays flat, stores well in its own tube and comes in several colours. It definitely collects dog hair, but that’s to be expected.

Timely update. I was just shopping around for a putting mat. Was looking at the PuttOut as well.

@GoldenBuff, how long have you had it? Is it really rippled/curve?

6ED50531-43F9-43BC-94AA-E8EC8612DB5A.jpeg
I have a Well Putt like this one in my Man Cave, I like it... It runs at a 12 and has a bunch of speed drills to improve your putting...

@GoldenBuff, how long have you had it? Is it really rippled/curve?

Picked it up middle of October. It has a slight bulge in the middle that won’t go completely flat and one end is still curved from the roll shape. I have it taped down trying to sort that out. The surface texture also has an Small inconsistency. It is like a small area with a different grain and when the ball hits it the path changes. I have read lots of good feedback on puttout mats and wouldn’t advise against getting one. Just one issue among many I suppose. I need to call puttout and sort this out.

View attachment 8920325
I have a Well Putt like this one in my Man Cave, I like it... It runs at a 12 and has a bunch of speed drills to improve your putting...

I also have this one and like it a lot. I use it with a Putt-Out

I have a Putt Out also. It’s good but I definitely notice a line that grooves from the ball path. I have to take a brush to the mat and get rid of the groove down the middle otherwise the ball just tracks straight into the hole. I’d like to say it’s from my amazing putting but my on course performance proves that isn’t the case.

Broke the Big Moss out again for the 1st time in 1.5 years since the green was installed in the backyard.

Last year, I was hurt all winter. This year, too cold too often for outdoor putting so I returned to the Big Moss.

My impressions are the same as ever. True roll, exceptional durability. Love the darned thing.

Been Looking at this putting mat system.....Sharper.JPG

I have a PuttOut mat and love it. I had a birdie ball for a little while and it was nowhere near as good IMO.

I am a big fan of this one. I feel it is great quality, and a good price. They got the backing right. It is a heavy'ish rubber that lays nice and flat.

Last edited:
I had a birdie ball for a little while and it was nowhere near as good IMO.

My birdie ball mat was a great deal at the time, but it hasn’t held up well and doesn’t roll true now. For actual practice the PuttOut or Well Putt mats are more practical imho

I have a birdie ball green ; it’s really really nice. I highly recommend it

Thanks guys for the recommendations. I went ahead with the PuttOut mat and trainer. Looking forward to knocking off a few strokes from my game soon!!

I have the PuttOut mat and pressure putt trainer. I like them both a lot. I hit the mat with vacuum every once in awhile. Cleans it up easily. It stores in a tube and rolls out nice. Highly recommend but I haven’t tried them all so there may be something better.

Back