NEWS 2019 Callaway Financials

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Strong year reported for a market share leader can signal a growing industry. For those that enjoy following the business side, here is a look at Callaway’s 2019.

Record year with net sales of 1.7 billion, which was nearly a 40% increase over 2018.

We will be monitoring the other companies and have some info when reporting takes place.

40% increase? Holy crap. Talk about impressive growth.

Was thinking 'not at all surprised' as I read record year, but 40% is pretty insane. Wow.

Wow, that is a great performance. Wonder what their margins were?

• Admin
Probably not real big with the extra $$ in R&D and the ball factory upgrades. But still impressive!

That’s a decent year of growth!

I contributed to the growth with new driver, fairway woods and hybrids from Callaway! ;)

Also up on twitter Callaway has a new VP of Global Marketing coming from Callaway Europe - Nick McInally

It will be interesting to see what he'll bring to the Zoo Crew.

A little video of the Nick from last year -

Last edited:
Also up on twitter Callaway has a new VP of Global Marketing coming from Callaway Europe - Nick McInally

It will be interesting to see what he'll bring to the Zoo Crew.

I got a chance to meet Nick and he is a great guy.

good lord that is some insane growth

Strong year reported for a market share leader can signal a growing industry. For those that enjoy following the business side, here is a look at Callaway’s 2019.

Record year with net sales of 1.7 billion, which was nearly a 40% increase over 2018.

We will be monitoring the other companies and have some info when reporting takes place.

This is key.
Our company had record sales in 2018 as a result of agressive sales and coupons.
Didn’t translate to Margin gains or EBITDA which is our key metric.

impressive, will be interesting to see how 2020 unfolds.
Not a fan of the new name of their equipment this year, is it just me?
lost folks in marketing
lots of competition.

This is key.
Our company had record sales in 2018 as a result of agressive sales and coupons.
Didn’t translate to Margin gains or EBITDA which is our key metric.
Yep, all comes down to the EBITDA at end of the day. (y)

How much of that 40% was organic? That's a huge freaking increase in the golf business. The Epic Flash and Apex 19 seemed to be huge deals in the business. I know drivers drive (pun intended) the business in golf, but surely Epic Flash wasn't 40% bigger than Rogue was it?

How much of that 40% was organic? That's a huge freaking increase in the golf business. The Epic Flash and Apex 19 seemed to be huge deals in the business. I know drivers drive (pun intended) the business in golf, but surely Epic Flash wasn't 40% bigger than Rogue was it?
A lot goes into it, including their growth in golf balls, acquisition business, etc.

That is most impressive!!! With the Mavrik lines taking off they are off to a good start this year already.

Those are some impressive numbers for sure!

Dang, they are killing it!

Congratulations to the great guys at Callaway!!

Back