Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Was hoping to get my SZ out on a course this weekend, but i pulled my dang neck out! Prob not this weekend. Ah well.

I saw standard head with two weights. I think it’s standard head in subzero tech.
They said it’s for “tour” or staff member only. Maybe you can ask callaway?

54963974f04abdcbbda4c345ace6034c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's tour only. They even have a Mavrik Max with sz weights. They make sure that they're able to cater to there tour staffs preferences and needs while providing us ams with enough options of our own. They have to be mindful of SKU management. Would be very difficult to release all of these variants for sale.

From what I understand, the Mavrik SZ shape and characteristics are more towards the Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond head.
This is correct. They took elements of the Epic Flash SZ TD and used some of them in the Mavrik SZ design. The head shapes are different to my eye. But, I never was able to play the last TD so I can't provide direct comparisons.

Soooo curious of your thoughts on the Red vs Black Ventus. That thing is mean looking!!!!
I'll let you know once I'm able to get out and play.

I played my first round of 2020 today. It was freezing cold out, literally 32 degrees for most of the round. But the course opened today, so I was playing.

Despite the cold conditions, my Mavrik (Standard) driver with Ventus Red shaft absolutely SHINED. I have never been consistent with driver off the tee; nor have I been long. But today was absolutely eye opening, finding fairway after fairway with a high--but not ballooning--launch and ball flight. Carry was key today with the spungy conditions, and I got just about all I could out of this driver today. Even my stinkers weren't too bad. I pulled a low one on one hole, but it got down there a ways and was maybe 10 yards off the fairway. I hit a big block on 18, but it was a bomb. Most though had a high ball flight with just a touch of a draw.

Despite the cold, I also hit some really long tee shots for me. On a short par 4, measuring at 297, I hit the tee shot below. It did leak a bit right, but it was only about 15 yards short of the green. I could get used to this! :D

fullsizeoutput_409.jpeg

I ended up shooting my best score ever today, and that would not have happened without the performance of this driver.

I played my first round of 2020 today. It was freezing cold out, literally 32 degrees for most of the round. But the course opened today, so I was playing.

Despite the cold conditions, my Mavrik (Standard) driver with Ventus Red shaft absolutely SHINED. I have never been consistent with driver off the tee; nor have I been long. But today was absolutely eye opening, finding fairway after fairway with a high--but not ballooning--launch and ball flight. Carry was key today with the spungy conditions, and I got just about all I could out of this driver today. Even my stinkers weren't too bad. I pulled a low one on one hole, but it got down there a ways and was maybe 10 yards off the fairway. I hit a big block on 18, but it was a bomb. Most though had a high ball flight with just a touch of a draw.

Despite the cold, I also hit some really long tee shots for me. On a short par 4, measuring at 297, I hit the tee shot below. It did leak a bit right, but it was only about 15 yards short of the green. I could get used to this! :D

View attachment 8931799

I ended up shooting my best score ever today, and that would not have happened without the performance of this driver.

yeah buddy!!!!! way to go, my man.

i'm playing tomorrow morning. really excited to get this driver back out on a course that I know pretty well, and arccos will be in effect as well.

Second round today with the Mavrik Max. Tried the Rogue White. Shaft today that came with the driver. 36 degrees out but the driver really performed. The shaft felt great . Last year i tried an Epic Flash head to head against the Rogue and although i liked it did not see any noticeable gains over the Rogue. I did with the Mavrik Max in less than ideal conditions today. Looks like the Rogue White shaft may replace the Atmos Blue Tour Spec. I was not expecting that because the Atmos is a great shaft but at least for now the Rogue White feels better . Had i never tried the Rogue shaft i would have been happy with the Atmos because first time out with the Atmos in loved the Mavrik Max. The fact that the Rogue felt better is just a bonus. This driver is the real deal. Cant wait fo hit it on a nice day with fairways with some roll. Now im thinking about the three wood lol.

This Mavrik SubZero is freaking awesome!! I'm not a big hitter but got a hold of one today that finished 271 yards. I think I'm starting to get it dialed in with the Ventus blue shaft.

This Mavrik SubZero is freaking awesome!! I'm not a big hitter but got a hold of one today that finished 271 yards. I think I'm starting to get it dialed in with the Ventus blue shaft.

271 yards in my books is BIG !!!

Wow wow wow.... Another amazing round with the Standard. I started with the Max this year and hated the sound and distance I was getting. Got a standard and immediately loved everything but I stuggled with the 50G ripride shaft. Bought the 60x and it is now hands down the best feeling, looking, sounding, and pure distance I've ever had in a driver. Such an epic winner from Callaway 🙌.

Had my first round with my Mav Max.The wind was blowing 20 to 30 constant. I'll make this story Quick,My first Drive Aimed at fairway Bunker never thinking the shot would ever go that straight and that far with the wind against me.Wrong on both counts,I landed inside the bunker and it's 250yrds. Never had so many Birdie opportunities in one round. LOVE MY MAV.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

i'm playing tomorrow morning. really excited to get this driver back out on a course that I know pretty well, and arccos will be in effect as well.
Still catching up in the thread.... hoping you posted on how you hit it....

EDIT: I guess its still today... even on the east coast.... post up tomorrow I guess

So justing thinking out loud.

SZ is ultimately the best fit for me, giving the best ball speeds and flight. Having changed my swing (still some refinements needed) for now I like the forgiveness across the face on the Max and the numbers aren’t too far behind. I hit a couple high on the toe and was surprised by the outcome. Also playing at 4k feet elevation, the higher launch of the Max can be a good thing. I’m seeing about 15* launch angle with the Max head at 8*. I do hit some much higher at times but can’t blame the club for that. ;) It’s possible I grab an sz head at some point but Max will start the season as #1.

Rogue white 70x is a surprisingly nice shaft. Solid and predictable with nice feel for loading and unloading. Minimal twist on off center hits. I hit a lot of options including the hyped Ventus black and was happiest with the rogue. I do plan to explore more shafts over the year, but like the max it starts the season at #1. I picked up the sz 3w with the 80x and love it too.

SZ is ultimately the best fit for me, giving the best ball speeds and flight. Having changed my swing (still some refinements needed) for now I like the forgiveness across the face on the Max and the numbers aren’t too far behind. I hit a couple high on the toe and was surprised by the outcome. Also playing at 4k feet elevation, the higher launch of the Max can be a good thing. I’m seeing about 15* launch angle with the Max head at 8*. I do hit some much higher at times but can’t blame the club for that. ;) It’s possible I grab an sz head at some point but Max will start the season as #1.

Rogue white 70x is a surprisingly nice shaft. Solid and predictable with nice feel for loading and unloading. Minimal twist on off center hits. I hit a lot of options including the hyped Ventus black and was happiest with the rogue. I do plan to explore more shafts over the year, but like the max it starts the season at #1. I picked up the sz 3w with the 80x and love it too.

I love to hear experiences like this with the Max. As others have said throughout this thread, the Max will fit a broad range of players, including those who would never consider it.

Totally agree. Really like the Rogue shaft. Like you i was surprised how good it feels. Also looking at the graphics and the feel of the actual shaft and paint job itself it just looks high quality. I know that this is an aftermarket real deal
shaft offered by Callaway at no up charge. Dont know how they can do it but im glad they did. Really like this combo. Cant wait to hit it again.

i really enjoyed the max today. swing is still not there, not even close, but i got good distance and better results than i deserved. feel is great for me. i’m into the super soft muted feel. but the g400 max was really loud. the max strikes a nice balance between the two.

i still don’t see a draw bias. i have weight back right now.

as someone who has not been a huge callaway driver fan in the past, i really do love this one.

Cant wait to get my Mav SZ on course. Have it setup in the plus 1 loft setting and I’m really liking the ball flight in my range sessions.

Hitting the Mavrik 9° and Mavrik SZ 10.5° head to head today made me realize these clubs are so good, I can’t go wrong no matter which head I game. Both heads are so forgiving on my low miss it’s insane! Coupled with the new Chrome Soft, I seem to be getting summer weather carry in cooler than normal spring weather.

Everything is a bit wonky with my swing from this shoulder still having a lot of tightness in the tendons but when I do make a decent one the Max never disappoints. I have caught quite a few off the toe and heel the last 2 times out with this goofy shoulder and still been very happy with the results. I really don’t see any other driver on the market comparing in the forgiveness category that these bring to the table.

I'm still amazed with the forgiveness of the Max. Can't even count the number of times it's given me much better results than I deserved, and when I hit it on the screws it's smiles for miles. It's nice to go out there and be the longest drive of our foursome a few times a round instead of always being the first to hit because I'm away!

Picked up the SZ with Rogue White 70X. Can’t wait to get out on the course with it but the weather still isn’t great here and my local courses are waterlogged.

Also have the standard 3 wood - does anyone else have the combo of SZ driver and standard fairway? I see a lot of love for the standard/max combos but not the SZ/standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back