Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

The changes I made playing with @McLovin in my mav SZ are making me want to get back out and play again.

We swapped weights (I went lighter) and we both ended up preferring the new weights and boy did it change my driver game.

Looks like I have some rounds coming up this weekend since the wife and kiddo are out of town. Who’s with me? @clarkgriswold

my wife and kids are out for the weekend too. grab a quick flight on southwest and let's play!

So the Standard has made its way back into the bag. At my lesson, I set PRs for swing speed, ball speed, carry distance, and total distance. Still had a couple leak right on me, but much better job squaring it up.

my wife and kids are out for the weekend too. grab a quick flight on southwest and let's play!
Yes dude! Except you should come up here where the courses are so cheap and empty cause it’s the “offseason” :LOL:

So the Standard has made its way back into the bag. At my lesson, I set PRs for swing speed, ball speed, carry distance, and total distance. Still had a couple leak right on me, but much better job squaring it up.

Versus the Max?

Yes dude! Except you should come up here where the courses are so cheap and empty cause it’s the “offseason” :LOL:

live look at me on your northeast golf course

Ok, I have a question for the 2019 Grandaddy guys.....what’s with all the tinkering?! Not judging, just curious!

Ok, I have a question for the 2019 Grandaddy guys.....what’s with all the tinkering?! Not judging, just curious!

We have some serious club hos on our team. Seriously, a lot of them liked the heads so much they just wanted to test others also. They are enablers for sure.

We have some serious club hos on our team. Seriously, a lot of them liked the heads so much they just wanted to test others also. They are enablers for sure.
@Snickerdog with the Wednesday morning hot take! 😂😂😂👍

And someone about did say they were intoxicated by the speed, so seems like there are a few factors in play here :ROFLMAO:

A valid question. For me, a big part of it is curiosity. You don't really realize how quickly an hour goes by when you are fitting the entire bag. My best swing was definitely not with me during the process. So, I probably ended up spending more time on irons than I would have liked. By the time we got to drivers, I got to hit one head and two different shafts before we had to make a decision and get the next man up to the tee.

I like the clubs I was fit for. But, I was seeing some ball flight that was a little different than what I am used to in the fact that the ball was going so high. In calm conditions, that's no problem for me. But, where I live, most rounds are played with a 10-15mph wind at a minimum and often times into the 20's. So, hitting really high towering tee shots into a stiff breeze can lead to a lot of problems for me. It's something I wanted to discuss with the fitter. But, everything happened so fast. Trying to cram in all clubs, just being kind of awe struck being at ECPC in the first place had me just not 100% focused on what I wanted to discuss.

I ended up testing out the SZ a while back and saw some really good numbers with it. I had a full bag of old clubs that I didn't want to take the time to list for sale and Callaway baited me in with their trade in bonus, lol. Plus, I love testing out gear. Plus, this Mavrik line is really special and I am not just saying that because of the experience I had at the Grandaddy. The feel and sound is addicting.

Really looking forward to putting everything head to head in a month or so in real playing conditions. I have no doubt that whatever driver wins my showdown will be in the bag for a long time. I am a club ho. The last time a driver wowed me so much that I had no interest in replacing it the following year was the OG Epic SZ. Only reason it got replaced was because the face dented and they replaced it with a Rogue SZ. This line impresses me even more.

The 2017 team tinkered as well. If we can't admit we are "Tinkerers" then we have to start asking why are we even here?
What's fun in the "Status Quo"?

Started off hot with this driver on Sunday, hitting 4 bombs right out of the gate. There's a 3 hole break from driver after that on my home course. Once I got back to it I was fighting low hooks that I couldn't shake until 18 when I managed to push one pretty deep in the right rough. Swing is certainly rusty but the potential is there with this driver. Need to actually get some range time in to get it where I want it, but based on what I've seen so far this one could be a monster.

Anyone pair the Standard Mavrik with the Ventus Black? I just bought the 6X to put in the 9* standard head and looking for some feedback.

Anyone pair the Standard Mavrik with the Ventus Black? I just bought the 6X to put in the 9* standard head and looking for some feedback.
@NoShanks has the 7X in his standard head.

I liked what I saw out of the Ventus in testing, would love to see how it would perform in my max head. Could be a deadly combo!

It was 50 degrees here yesterday our course was open. First time outside with the Mavrik Max. No roll plugging in fairway but i was very happy with the driver. Lived up to all the positive reviews from the Grandaddy guys and other members. I have an Atmos Blue tour spec shaft and the combination felt great. Since i have the Atmos and assumed that would be the one i ordered my driver from Callaway with the Rogue White even though i had never hit that shaft ( and since there was no upcharge )Hopefully if we get more playable weather(which for my group is just about anything minus rain, or snow) ill be able to give the Rogue White a try. Thanks again to all who posted here you really helped me decide on this driver.

A 9* Mavrik is so tempting right now. It might be slightly longer than my F9 but the sound/feel is incredible!

I've always been a SZ player. Always liked the compact shape, the taller face, etc. Now that I have one in hand I'm finding myself drawn more to the standard than I was before. Just something about the shape of it that is very appealing. The SZ looks amazing, don't get me wrong. If I could get the standard shape in the SZ footprint the club would be perfect.

I've always been a SZ player. Always liked the compact shape, the taller face, etc. Now that I have one in hand I'm finding myself drawn more to the standard than I was before. Just something about the shape of it that is very appealing. The SZ looks amazing, don't get me wrong. If I could get the standard shape in the SZ footprint the club would be perfect.

I saw standard head with two weights. I think it’s standard head in subzero tech.
They said it’s for “tour” or staff member only. Maybe you can ask callaway?

54963974f04abdcbbda4c345ace6034c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw standard head with two weights. I think it’s standard head in subzero tech.
They said it’s for “tour” or staff member only. Maybe you can ask callaway?

54963974f04abdcbbda4c345ace6034c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's definitely tour only

If I’m not mistaken, the SZ version that is the Standard Mavrik head shape is the Mavrik Triple Diamond.

If I’m not mistaken, the SZ version that is the Standard Mavrik head shape is the Mavrik Triple Diamond.

From what I understand, the Mavrik SZ shape and characteristics are more towards the Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond head.

Back