I keep coming back to look at these. What a good looking iron. If they feel anything like the Ft. Worth's these are a big time winner. I need to hit these.

Talked to a good friend today and he says they feel better.

I keep coming back to look at these. What a good looking iron. If they feel anything like the Ft. Worth's these are a big time winner. I need to hit these.

Feel is something they were looking to imorove upon. Which is crazy because FT worth felt pretty good.

Reactions: KEV
really great looking clubs. would be fun to give 'em a try.

Talked to a good friend today and he says they feel better.
Wow, that's pretty high praise. I thought the Ft. Worth was an excellent feeling iron.

How do they compare size wise to the fit.worths?

I guess I better bring some of these heads. :) Right now CC only has the PTx PRO irons, Edge irons and Equalizer wedges.

Very nice write up @ddec

Those are some sexy looking irons. And, almost half the price of the big OEM's comparable models. Could be one of the best looking blades out at the moment too. I obviously haven't hit them. But, in terms of aesthetics and value. Hogan has absolutely smashed this one out of the park.

We have hundreds of 6&9 irons being added to our demo program soon. Test them out. Let us know what you think.

They look good and great write up.

Does the muscle and step change through the different irons for the progressive weighting?

Happy that they offer both the chrome and dbm option. Both look great and I hope these sell well.

The weighting and mass distribution definitely changes throughout the set. Like the PTx PRO iron, we did not just design a 6-iron. We built each club moving mass around promoting more forgiveness and better ball flights for each clubhead.

They will be offered in chrome and the DBM finish. $770 (chrome) and $800 (black) 4-PW.

@ddec are the long irons solid or hollow like the PTx Pro?

JB - they are not hollow in the long irons like the PTx PRO. This is a solid 1-piece forging. Classic looks with modern materials and mass distribution for blades. They are so solid!

Tyler told us in November that these would blow some minds. From a looks perspective, he is spot on. They’re beautiful. And, if I can judge Hogan performance from my own experience with the PTx Pros and Tyler’s Statement, these will be a home run for Ben Hogan Golf.

I think they will be. The shot maker is going to love these irons.

Oh baby, those are some sexy looking irons! I really wish I had the game for those because they'd be in my bag for sure. I love what the Hogan brand has been doing since their comeback and hopefully people give these a chance. Good stuff @ddec!

I agree. Take a look at the PTx PRO. Similar look with just a bit more club for the confidence and loaded with technology with the co-forging on the short-end and hollow-design on the long-end. While the ICONs have the look, the PTx PRO have the tech. Maybe we should offer a combo set. :unsure:

I agree. Take a look at the PTx PRO. Similar look with just a bit more club for the confidence and loaded with technology with the co-forging on the short-end and hollow-design on the long-end. While the ICONs have the look, the PTx PRO have the tech. Maybe we should offer a combo set. :unsure:

Yes.

I really think Ben Hogan has it a good stride in terms of looks the last couple releases. Very attractive, and of course great price point.

Great price point and the products perform. You are not missing anything in these irons or other models. You just save a few bucks and there nothing wrong with that.

WOW! these are smoking good looking. I LOVE the name.

Gorgeous! Any chance to customize for a little stronger lofting?

We can bend any iron +/- 2 degrees without messing with the integrity (or major affecting the offset of each club). That's the beauty of all sets being custom built to your specs.

Though our published lofts are 22-26-30-34-38-42-46, if you want to go 21,24,28,33,37,41,45 - we can do that. One thing to be careful with are the lengths. We actually use a 3-iron shaft in our 4-iron.

Beautiful irons, I just wish I had the consistent game to play them

How do they compare size wise to the fit.worths?

PW-6 iron are pretty close. The 5 and 4-iron are significantly bigger than the Ft. Worth, but still 'blade' like. I am not sure if you have ever seen the 5 or 4-iron in the Ft. Worth, but they were like true butter knives and you might have started shaking over address. The ICONs long irons do not give the same intimidation and rather promote the confidence factor. :)

Reactions: MH
A combo set would be perfection! The original PTx irons were one of my favorite sets ever and while I haven't hit the new model I have to think a combo of the PTx Pro and the Icon would be sooo good.

Yes, please, take my money.

Great write-up @ddec and excellent photos. You really generated a lot of buzz, these irons just look classicly cool. I’d game them in a heartbeat.

Back