Usernames and Avatar: Explain Yours

MichiganGripRip - "Michigan" I'm from the Murder Mitten.
"GripRip" - Kinda like calling a big guy "Tiny". My swing is nothing like that of one J. Daly, so hence the nickname.

Avatar - My daughter is fascinated with the filters on Snapchat. She liked when I had bunny ears, so I kept it. She's basically the coolest thing I've got going for me.

donny is the easy part, the 475 comes from my address in Okinawa, one of my most favorite places to live in my life. The PIC? I wanted a flag of some sort, so i used the TT Flag from True Temper

The roadrunner (genus Geococcyx), also known as chaparral bird or chaparral cock, are two species of fast-running ground cuckoos with long tails and crests. They are found in the southwestern and south-central United States and Mexico,[1][2] usually in the desert. Some have been clocked at 20 miles per hour (32 km/h) while a few have also been clocked up to 27 miles per hour (43 km/h).

(eh, I just think roadrunners are pretty cool)

User name is the first letters of my fullname, followed by my birth year.

The avatar is a pict of my putters I keep handy. I have others, but these 3 are my favorites.

2 Ball Putter (left) which rides in my 2nd bag of clubs. It gets used by my wife when we play.

Star Trek Enterprise Putter (center) is a novelty gift, that surprisingly makes putts. I have an unshafted duplicate, that doubles as a paper weight on my desk.

B1 Heavy Putter (right) which is my main gamer, and rides in my first bag. It's named correctly, since it actually weighs right around 1-1/2 lbs.

Phil75070 - I go by Phil. First email address I created all variations of my name were taken. So I just used Phil and the zip code I live in. (Of course, the PO changed the zip code about two years ago so there is that!)

Avatar - Won the Callaway staff bag for the 2017 Open on twitter and use it as Callaway is my favorite OEM. Figure not too many people would own one of these.

My username is literally an abbreviated version of my name. No fun story or cliche reasoning.

I am from NV. I golf, I was born in 1980.

CenturyHack is a name I came up with when I joined here. Being a new golfer when I joined, the goal is to break the Century mark. And because this is the Hackers Paradise, I’m a Hack so put it together and you get CenturyHack. I’m getting really close to shooting in the 90’s so this handle will go away at that time.
No avatar yet, I should probably fix that sooner than later.

Trmpt98 = I play the Trumpet and graduated in 1998
Avatar = Tee shot from TPC John Deer in Silvis, IL

Parrot is short for Parrothead or Parrotreb (my username on a couple of Ole Miss sports message boards).

My avatar is me and my wife at Annaberg Plantation on St. John with Tortola in the background.

My username and avatar are from the tv series Psych, which is about a guy who starts a hilarious PI business and solves crimes using his psychic abilities, which are actually just lifelong skills developed from his detective father and an eidetic memory.

Good thing we don't have to explain Twitter handles. :D:D My username is a take on my old license plate. I had an 10 second Trans Am WS6 with a vanity plate. QWKWS6 (Quick WS6). I frequently used that as my login for forums, message boards, etc. When I sold my Trans Am and bought a Corvette it changed to QWKZ51. The picture is nothing special, it's from me at Profectus Golf in Nashville.

Howzat - I got into Cricket when I lived in Australia and just liked the term they used when appealing to the umpire for a out.

Avatar is me and my buddy Jake who was a big part of this place and passed away far too soon. He is missed dearly.

Had a year where I banged a bunch of 7 spots playing Keno so got nicknamed by my friends. Could use a few more now with my youngest a freshman in college. :D

Username : nickname my buddies in college came up with
Avatar: Me proudly holding the cup after Team Hackers won the 2019 Morgan Cup

We were at a resort in Virginia, me the wife, kids, friends of kids. In the Summer I often get my hair cut in a close 'buzz' and lose the beard. I call it my 'Summer head'. As I was paddling around in the pool, my 14 year old daughter observed that I looked like an Otter swimming! The kids started calling me OtterMan... I figured I'd rather have a teenage daughter that called me OtterMan than one that called me a88hole so we ran with it!

Good thing we don't have to explain Twitter handles. :D:D My username is a take on my old license plate. I had an 10 second Trans Am WS6 with a vanity plate. QWKWS6 (Quick WS6). I frequently used that as my login for forums, message boards, etc. When I sold my Trans Am and bought a Corvette it changed to QWKZ51. The picture is nothing special, it's from me at Profectus Golf in Nashville.
Do yourself a favor, and DO NOT google @Qwkz51 twitter handle!🤢

nickname / last name shortened and my old football number!

Avatar is usually - home course / reference to me as a new dad / newest is as a member of TEEm Tour Edge

Name: Nate
When I orig. signed up I figured why wouldn't I put my name in there? Was the best thing I did. Made it so much easier at THP events for people to remember me! Ha-Ha

When THP switched to the new format (which I enjoy BTW), I couldn't tell what threads I had posted in, etc. so a solid pink color was the best way at the time to see where I had been and it stood out.

Back