ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat with Jason Finley from Callaway Golf

Hey Jason, I’ve got two questions for you:

1. How do I explain the epicness of the Grandaddy to my girlfriend? She bugs me about how much time I spend reading about it on THP, and it’s hard for me to explain its magnitude in layman’s terms
  2. Callaway again dominated the 2020 Golf Digest Hot List - how do you plan to stay atop the ranks in 2021?
1. The simplest way I would try and explain it is the best event out there for us mere mortals - that is our goal at least. We want the invite to the Grandaddy to be the equivialnt of the pros getting their invite to play in the Masters every year - lofty goal for sure
2. The strong feedback on our product is the backbone of our company and a big part of our culture is bringing DSPD (Demonstrably Superior and Pleasingly Different) products.

Hi Jason thanks for visiting us! I've have always been curious with the clubs designs and the structure behind a company like callaway,who's in behind the innovations when it comes to new releases, does callaway work as a team or the designers just create their own product and bring to the table for testing?

Also the 50% buy back was great idea,I was able to order New Mav Max and I LOVE IT!
Now I wanting the MAV pro Irons, will bring the 50% again this year.
Thank you again

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jason - with all the delays in equipment and lack of golf for many around the nation, can you comment on the business related to Mavrik sales above / below or less than expected? Does that mean perhaps Mavrik 2.0 next year or possible delay in new products?

What do you see as a spring to boost Callaway back after pandemic is clear?

@JasonFinleyCG do you see the Truvis pattern being used on any other model of ball in the future other than the CS and CSX? Thanks in advance and thanks for your time, in general.

Have you had a custom Truvis request where you said "No, we're not putting that on our golf balls"?

Can you remember that one thing that made you want to get into the golf business and why you choose Callaway?

Jason, Callaway is in every aspect of consumer goods for golfers i.e. shoes, clothing, clubs, accessories, ect. Is there any other areas that Callaway is not involved in and would like to enter that market?

Next question, how are you going to let everyone know that I am the first Granddaddy winner?
We want to have the golfer covered with everything they need and while we do not have everything we try to have something to offer most golfers in and around the game. We are obviously growing beyond just golf a little as well.

Well, I am going to announce the winner and it is not you.....yet

Jason, What is the selection process for the ZooCrew participants in the GD? Is there some form of Office Olympics that take place?

Does the Zoo Crew watch all of the online equipment reviews on YouTube?

Has the next Grandaddy participant already asked a question in this thread? That will make people freak out...

Out of everything that has come out since you have been at Callaway, you must have one thing that you call your favorite?

Do you expect any differences for the Grandaddy this year (compared to years past) due to the covid-19 stuff?

Afternoon sir,
How does Callaway decide what the standard offering for shafts that they offer for say a set of new iron or Driver release would be?

There is actually a lot that goes into it but some of the considerations are:
-Shafts that work with the product we are creating - do the stories line up
-What shafts are hot or have a high perceived value to the golfer
-Looks play a role based on the Driver sometimes
-Partnerships and supply chain

All of these things and some others come into play

We want to have the golfer covered with everything they need and while we do not have everything we try to have something to offer most golfers in and around the game. We are obviously growing beyond just golf a little as well.

@JasonFinleyCG have the tech teams started looking at how AR and glasses will impact the rangefinder/gps product lines?

Jason, What is the selection process for the ZooCrew participants in the GD? Is there some form of Office Olympics that take place?

Someone has skipped over previous Grandaddy threads and podcasts :ROFLMAO:

@JasonFinleyCG how often do you feel a new product should hit the market? Is there an amount of time needed to make real innovative changes and has your investment in AI helped reduce that time?

@JasonFinleyCG Is there any thought to a future GD including Callaway PGA Tour staffers in the field or has this been done already?

There is actually a lot that goes into it but some of the considerations are:
-Shafts that work with the product we are creating - do the stories line up
-What shafts are hot or have a high perceived value to the golfer
-Looks play a role based on the Driver sometimes
-Partnerships and supply chain

All of these things and some others come into play
Looks like the partnership with True Sports has only gotten stronger over the years. Any chance that will extend to Accra offerings?

Who has more fun at GrandDaddy - Callaway ZooCrew team or THPers?

What does their schedule look like leading up to Granddaddy? Extra practice - logistics coordination / collaboration?

@JasonFinleyCG , do you plan on going head-to-head with Captain Dimples at The Grandaddy this year?

Back