ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat with Jason Finley from Callaway Golf

I'm sorry I missed the the fun so far. (work) But i'm done with the heavy lifting for the day and plan to read the thread over. If I have new questions I'll be sure to add post them up for the continued fun.

Congratulations @RealPretendPsychic on your Grandaddy selection!

Just goes to show tenure is not really a thing and neither is my least favorite word "deserve"
This!! I can't tell you how many times when describing the amazing experiences that I get asked what you have to do to earn them and all I can say is that you can't earn them. We don't deserve them. But we are darn sure grateful for the opportunities!!

I have had friends i tell about THP, and a couple are lurkers, ask me about getting picked for Experiences. I tell them its random, try! If this does not drive that point home, nothing will. This is THP ! :love:

Congratulations @RealPretendPsychic on the selection I hope your powers of observation save the day.

🤯 The alerts came in like wildfire and I had to find my way back to this post. I am shocked, speechless, and beyond excited for this opportunity. I really need to unpack a few boxes so I can find my game face and put it on!

Congrats! Not a bad first month and a half of the forum.

Just goes to show tenure is not really a thing and neither is my least favorite word "deserve"

I don't think any of us deserve it... but to be gifted it is a big deal. I also want to say thanks in that length of time doesn't matter here but also neither does skill. THP experiences being open to all of us regardless of our skill set is one of the huge things that sets THP apart from anything else. It truly is for all of us Hackers out here.

Enjoyed the live thread, some great questions and some classic #basementdwellers

Ok all, I stopped at #237, I will get back in later and keep answering so this does not not have to stop from your end either, keep asking away. I will get to them all.

Now, on to what people really care about......

Couple thoughts on The Grandaddy -
First, just throwing this out there with as much vagueness as I can. The world is changing, and quickly. Our business is changing and quickly. This will impact what we do and how we do it in every way. So, as with every year, the GD may look a little little different this year, it may look a lot different this year. We just do not know what that means yet and will not for some time. So, be patient with us and be understanding to that and what that COULD mean.

but for now, we know a Captain, we know an A$$Cap and we know our first team member.....

Congrats to @RealPretendPsychic for being the first member of the team. Maybe he can use some of his pretend psychic powers to try and help the team have a strong performance. Look forward to spending some time with you.
Jason, we don't know what things will look like...at this point, we don't even know what the world will look like, but thank you for giving us all a chance to see paradise in December with the Callaway family.

Dear Darth,

1) Where is my local Sith temple so I may worship?
2) With the success of the AI movement within Callaway, where do you see the next evolution heading in the industry and with Callaway? Obviously AI processing of face technology is here to stay? Do you see it incompsaing the entire club? Ball design? Etc.

I have no idea what #1 means

Well, the evolution from AI last year really only being in the face of Epic Flash Woods to being used for the full design of the Mavrik head on Woods and also in the Mavrik iron so the more we do it and the more inputs the system "learns", the more useful it will be. We are starting to use it on other categories too and if we find a way to use and make the product better then we will but not just to say that we did.

What is your favorite perk of your job...New equipment? Course access? Live chats on THP? Something else???
All of the above. I would say getting to meet a lot of really cool people who are passionate about Golf, like me is the best part and the fact that the other stuff mentioned goes along with that is even better.

I have no idea what #1 means

Well, the evolution from AI last year really only being in the face of Epic Flash Woods to being used for the full design of the Mavrik head on Woods and also in the Mavrik iron so the more we do it and the more inputs the system "learns", the more useful it will be. We are starting to use it on other categories too and if we find a way to use and make the product better then we will but not just to say that we did.

AI in the MD wedges and putters..... Skynet is taking over the world!

Hey Jason thanks for joining us Hackers today, much appreciated. Had a few questions for you:

1. Which club, in your opinion, has advanced Callaway golf the most since you’ve been with the company?

2. What sticks out to you the most about the THP community?

3. What’s your favorite club currently in your bag?

4. Where can I get the Triple Track alignment aid on a Toulon, similar to @vgolfman? Will it become available in the Toulon garage in the future?

1. I think while it may not have had the most impact on recent times for us was X Hot FW as it signaled a shift in our new leadership team and that just being moderatly better or a minor improvement was not enough. Since I have been there 23+ years, hard to not think about how important BB and GBB Drivers were for us.
2. The community nature of it, so many people are really tight nit and actually friends, not just some random people on the internet
3. My putter - not only have I been spending a lot of time with it of late but it is a rare one
4, Funny you should mention that as that may be why my Odyssey Toulon San Diego is so rare - we have proven it is possible and that is the first step.

Jason,
With all that is going on world wide, what is the supply and demand of new Callaway clubs? Are there any ideas as to push future launches back to allow current inventory to generate forecasted sales/profits?
This is changing a lot by the minute and I am looking at a lot more charts and maps of where retail stores and golf courses are open or closed than I was a few weeks ago. Time is going to tell on how this will all shake out and how long various pieces of the business are shut down.

@JasonFinleyCG will there be a ball speed blitz type club tour again this year? I know with the current situation, I’m talking if and when things get back to normal.
We had started and gotten through about half of them earlier this year but obviously they are shut down for now and we are working on other ways to get this type of information out to the people who enjoyed them.

4, Funny you should mention that as that may be why my Odyssey Toulon San Diego is so rare - we have proven it is possible and that is the first step.

Umm, another question. Can we see pics??? And, how often has @Luke WilliamsCG pointed out the fact that he thinks you should be putting with a mallet?

@JasonFinleyCG when is the last time the Callaway touring pro's were blown away by an offering and what was that offering? Do they get as excited by new tech as we do?
Similar to the question on switching, this is very player dependent but usually you know really quick if someone is into something or not.

@JasonFinleyCG - What wedding anniversary milestone are you reaching this year? Are you scheduling the Grandaddy around it or is THP taking you away from the day (again)?

(and thank your very tolerant spouse for us)
My wife is the best for sure. Clearly you should all be able to figure that out though - she has spent 20+ years with me. As it does every year, if we do the GD around the same timing it will inevitably fall over our anniversary - just not a big one this year - just another one.

Back