Covid-19 Club Work

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
I know a lot of people are stuck inside, and might attempt to pass the time by doing some club work.

Before you do, here are some of my favorite tutorials to help you do that:

Good start to a thread.
Hopefully THPers find these helpful.

Awesome, thanks @JDax!

• Staff
Installing an adapter with the head on is very important to make it easier... FYI

Ok - how can I convince the wife buying supplies is a good investment? I want club building in my life.

Appreciate the tutorials but if I tried to do my own clubs I'd end up changing the dexterity of them somehow

So yeah, I really want a work bench now along with a loft and lie machine.

This is a great thread @JDax

Great videos. Want to replace an iron shaft this week. Perfect timing for this video.

This is a fun thread. I’m thinking about getting a work bench area and some tools for winter next year. Definitely some good info in here.

@JDax Thanks for taking the time to post the videos. I've seen a couple and am going to regrip a couple clubs next week. I'm also thinking about pulling some shafts on a set of old clubs just because, and was looking for the reshaft video. This is why I like this forum.

@JDax can I ship you my stuff to work on. Got 2 twinkies I can currently spare for payment.

slide into my DM’s if you’re interested

;)

So yeah, I really want a work bench now along with a loft and lie machine.

I have several work benches. Garage, shed. But would love a loft and lie machine. I do grips for friends on all their clubs. They just bring the grip I cover tape and solvent.
pay it forward whenever I can.
Would love to help same friends with making sure everything I say is most important the lie of the club! Loft to me not so important (before anybody jumps on me) as long as you know your gapping and distance.
But if I could get my hands on an inexpensive one, I know if at least 8-10 guys I could help in my club

I have several work benches. Garage, shed. But would love a loft and lie machine. I do grips for friends on all their clubs. They just bring the grip I cover tape and solvent.
pay it forward whenever I can.
Would love to help same friends with making sure everything I say is most important the lie of the club! Loft to me not so important (before anybody jumps on me) as long as you know your gapping and distance.
But if I could get my hands on an inexpensive one, I know if at least 8-10 guys I could help in my club

Got something cool coming with this this year for our AC members.
Mitchell Golf is a great group.

Soon as I am back to work
Joining the AC

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I know a lot of people are stuck inside, and might attempt to pass the time by doing some club work.

Before you do, here are some of my favorite tutorials to help you do that:

Great videos.. I have some projects planned myself!!

Reshafting FWs and a hybrid is definitely on my golf downtime agenda. Probably some grip changing also.

There is a video out there of a live feed of Danny Le building some iron sets for some THP’ers that shows how simple iron building is. Or he just made it look super simple! It was that video that helped me take the leap to do things my own once I saw how easy it was. I also believe @JB kept asking for a Unicorn from StarBucks! 😂

Last edited:
There is a video out there of a live feed of Danny Le building some iron sets for some THP’ers that shows how simple irons. Or he just makes it look super simple! It was the video that help may take the leap to do things my own once I saw how easy it looked. I believe @JB kept asking for a Unicorn from StarBucks! 😂
I remember that video and I remember it looking so darn easy. But I know that has to be years of experience at play

Soon as I am back to work
Joining the AC

Don't bother @Brucem609. I got you covered. THP and AC has given me so much, I'd like to give back a little. My father does the same thing for his neighbors who can't afford to do it themselves. Just keep helping those fellow golfers and spreading the golf love and we'll call it even. :)

Got something cool coming with this this year for our AC members.
Mitchell Golf is a great group.

Definitely thinking I need to get myself a shaft puller and a swing weight scale. Decided to start doing club builds myself. I'll keep an eye out for this one.

Don't bother @Brucem609. I got you covered. THP and AC has given me so much, I'd like to give back a little. My father does the same thing for his neighbors who can't afford to do it themselves. Just keep helping those fellow golfers and spreading the golf love and we'll call it even. :)
Tevenor,
I do it all the time. I especially like helping the younger players- handing somebody an older used club instead of getting a small credit when buying a newer club.
Always great to see a young players face when you hand him a Hybrib and tell him. Enjoy it and have fun.

thanks again
Certainly appreciate it

Ok this may be a dumb question but....

is it necessary to ream out any epoxy from the inside tip of an iron shaft before reshafting? (Iron was a pull, not brand new)

Ok this may be a dumb question but....

is it necessary to ream out any epoxy from the inside tip of an iron shaft before reshafting? (Iron was a pull, not brand new)
I always have. While it's hot I use a round copper bristle brush to clean it out.

Back