Fujikura Ventus Shafts

That black is perfectly balanced for me but I went 7S so I’m still getting some nice kick.
I was a little scared to go 7X since it's basically an 80 gram shaft. It is just crazy how good it feels through the swing.

I hate this thread. :p I'm having impure shaft thoughts. Must stop spending money on golf equipment. Getting weaker, weaker, ... Blah.

Darn it, I'm going to call Woody and swing the Ventus black 6x again. I didn't get along with it last time, but the outcome from that fitting isn't working for me either. Data point #2 incoming.

I have the Ventus Black 6x in my SIM Max but have very little time with it with all the closures... Found Ventus Blue 8x for a 3w and put in on the Cobra Big Tour Speedzon 3w. Love it!!

For me the Ventus Blue felt really powerful with the most minimal kick. I dont know if I would like a 6x Blue in driver, but I loved the feel of the 8x Blue over the 6x Black. 3w to driver might not be fair to compare but I like everything about the blue in 2 rounds ive played with it

Right now ill only get to play every Saturday with all the limitations still and no access to any monitors

Interesting. That seems like a lot if tipping. I'm always afraid to cut that much off an expensive shaft.

For most shafts it would be insane to tip something 2" but I'm telling ya the magic is in the blue tipped 1.5-2". All the tour guys using the Ventus are doing it except the few who are playing the black. That's why so many more are playing the Blue in driver.

For most shafts it would be insane to tip something 2" but I'm telling ya the magic is in the blue tipped 1.5-2". All the tour guys using the Ventus are doing it except the few who are playing the black. That's why so many more are playing the Blue in driver.
I've never gone above 1". Even that scares me. I gotta look more into this. It is intriguing.

I've never gone above 1". Even that scares me. I gotta look more into this. It is intriguing.

I've only gone over 1" in 3 and 5 woods except for a pro force v2. My thought is always why not just go up in weight a bit if I'm considering tipping it more than an inch. But maybe there is something to it staying with a lighter shaft and tipping it more. That pro force v2 that was tipped 2" played amazing and even turned into a bomber to the person I sold that club to.

I'll keep this tidbit in mind if I pickup a Ventus Blue. Maybe will have to send a note to Fujikura if I decide to get a Ventus to get a better idea on tipping.

When I make a good driver swing, the Mavrik SZ with Ventus blue 6s combo is mid-flight bomber!!

Just sharing what Fuji told me when i got one of the gold limited edition blue ventus from them for testing ;)

Just sharing what Fuji told me when i got one of the gold limited edition blue ventus from them for testing ;)

That gold shaft is disgusting. You should trade it to me.. :ROFLMAO:

When I reached out to Fuji regarding tipping on the blue they said they dont recommend tipping the blue?

out to Fuji regarding tipping on the blue they said they dont recommend tipping the blu

I spoke to Fuji's tour guys. If you call Fuji they will tell you whats on their website. If you have a driver ss over 110mph then tip 1.0-1.5". If you are up around 118-120mph then 1.5-2". I tipped mine 1.5" and it was perfect and i could still hit a draw and the shaft was still very smooth. But do what you feel is best just sharing the knowledge.

Stupid USPS was supposed to deliver the RED 6X yesterday, tracking has not updated so I am hoping it will show up today so I can try it out tomorrow.

I spoke to Fuji's tour guys. If you call Fuji they will tell you whats on their website. If you have a driver ss over 110mph then tip 1.0-1.5". If you are up around 118-120mph then 1.5-2". I tipped mine 1.5" and it was perfect and i could still hit a draw and the shaft was still very smooth. But do what you feel is best just sharing the knowledge.

I wasn’t doubting you, just sharing the response I got when I reached out.

I swing 110-112 mph on TrackMan 4. I will get on it tomorrow and record the data between the following. Keep in mind my standard tipping is .5" at all times unless specified by the client.

Ventus Black 6X
Ventus Blue 6X
Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5"

Let's put it to the test! If people are interested I can put up a detailed post with screenshots of the data/numbers collected.

I swing 110-112 mph on TrackMan 4. I will get on it tomorrow and record the data between the following. Keep in mind my standard tipping is .5" at all times unless specified by the client.

Ventus Black 6X
Ventus Blue 6X

Let's put it to the test! If people are interested I can put up a detailed post with screenshots of the data/numbers collected.
That's awesome. Would love to see these results!

Ventus Black 6X
Ventus Blue 6X

Would love to see it!

Got the shafts set up and ready to go. I'll use my latest gamer the Ping G410 LST 9 turned down 1* and flat. I have tinkered with the Sim Standard this year, but this G410 LST is just so good.

View attachment 8942320

awesome, what is your typical ball flight characteristic? Also what ball will you use?

awesome, what is your typical ball flight characteristic? Also what ball will you use?

Boring ball flight. Not much curve to it, typical miss is a pull draw/hook from bad timing. Hit up 4-6* on average, working on leveling that out a little. Fairly neutral swing path and face angle. Current ball is TaylorMade TP5X, testing ProV1X left dash at the moment as well as the new Bridgestone BX.

Boring ball flight. Not much curve to it, typical miss is a pull draw/hook from bad timing. Hit up 4-6* on average, working on leveling that out a little. Fairly neutral swing path and face angle. Current ball is TaylorMade TP5X, testing ProV1X left dash at the moment as well as the new Bridgestone BX.

wow, that is a pretty positive angle of attack. I was not a fan of the left dash.. just not enough versatility to it.

will be interesting to see the results for sure.

Got the shafts set up and ready to go. I'll use my latest gamer the Ping G410 LST 9 turned down 1* and flat. I have tinkered with the Sim Standard this year, but this G410 LST is just so good.

View attachment 8942320

This should be an epic showdown!

wow, that is a pretty positive angle of attack. I was not a fan of the left dash.. just not enough versatility to it.

will be interesting to see the results for sure.

The thing I dislike about the left dash is how firm it is. I was not expecting it to be that firm. I'll use my TP5X for the test since it's what I'm used to. Driving has always been the best part of my game, so hopefully the test goes well. I haven't played much lately and have been nursing a rib injury from my 20 month old twins thinking I'm a trampoline.

The thing I dislike about the left dash is how firm it is. I was not expecting it to be that firm. I'll use my TP5X for the test since it's what I'm used to. Driving has always been the best part of my game, so hopefully the test goes well. I haven't played much lately and have been nursing a rib injury from my 20 month old twins thinking I'm a trampoline.
Looking forward to your test results.

As a twin, I have to say you are really lucky to have twins...they’re the best! 😁

Back