Fujikura Ventus Shafts

I ended up . Moving to stiff flex from regular. Have your spec atmos black in driver ... l think Iam creating more speed than previous shaft and l
Can feel more with it )

so during my fitting, i spoke with the fitter about this and part of the comfort level seems to be flight and what we perceive to be ideal for us. I would venture to say on course will play better than on the range if given a non bias chance. Obviously you know your swing better than anyone here so that's just my $.02 from my fitting with ventus shafts. Also for me, the move from 45.5' playing length to 45' was perfect for me with red.

Annnd…one IPA later, my Red is now the same length as my Blue! Lol.

On the bonus side, it was playing to about D5 and now its a lovely D3! lol....

Last edited:
@DNice26 said The blue is an interesting shaft. Its only a mid 60g shaft but it seems to play heavier. The strike through the ball is like a heavy, powerful strike compared to other non Ventus shafts. Its a bit hard to describe.
[/QUOTE]
In my previous two drivers ( Rouge standard and Mavrik Max ) I played the Atmos Blue Tour Spec and the Rogue White 130 MSI both stiff and both in the 65 gram range. I didn't like either in the Epic Max LS and actually preferred the stock MMT which I believe is 60 grams in stiff. I ordered the Ventus Blue 5S without hitting it ( based on the great reviews here as well as having a feeling it could be a great shaft for this driver and for me ). I also went with the 5S because I have noticed a significant amount of increased speed on the radar doing the Super Speed workout with the green ( lightest ) shaft. Love it and it is a solid shaft at 5S.. Reading your comment that the Blue 6S plays heavier confirms what I know for me I definitely made the right choice.

image.jpg

I like the firmer butt section of the red. Sometimes I get quick and I feel like the firmer butt shafts help me get away with it more than the softer options. I’ve also noticed that I hit soft butt shafts quite low (e.g. modus 120).

View attachment 9011118

I like the firmer butt section of the red. Sometimes I get quick and I feel like the firmer butt shafts help me get away with it more than the softer options. I’ve also noticed that I hit soft butt shafts quite low (e.g. modus 120).

I forgot to bring my blue Ventus with me for a direct compare, but I really like what the tipped red is giving me in terms of feels and performance. Thinking on course it may be even better. I will bring this setup out with me on Saturday.

I forgot to bring my blue Ventus with me for a direct compare, but I really like what the tipped red is giving me in terms of feels and performance. Thinking on course it may be even better. I will bring this setup out with me on Saturday.

being a PX guy, i hate to admit the success i've had with Fuji Red is better overall than i had with my previous PX shaft (Smoke yellow)

Turned my Epic Max LS from -1/N to N/S to 10.5° with the Ventus Red and had a stellar day Driving. Only one hole was problematic as we had a strong cross wind. Which I started down the left side of the fairway and it slowly faded all the way to the right side in to the rough. The two par fives with the wind I hit two of my longest drives approaching 300 yards. Forgot my watch today so don't have an accurate distance. Really felt in control of the swing today and the Ventus Red responded very well.

being a PX guy, i hate to admit the success i've had with Fuji Red is better overall than i had with my previous PX shaft (Smoke yellow)

Have you tried the RDX? Its also very good! I go back and forth between the blue, red and RDX. All have

Have you tried the RDX? Its also very good! I go back and forth between the blue, red and RDX. All have

I have the RDX blue but it's 60S and my red is 5S

First round in with the red. Hit it kinda poorly overall. Hit a few nice ones (1st hole down hill par 4 from 305 to 10 feet). Mostly ugly ones though and I’m 10000% to blame. Still have not quite broken out of my shell with the driver.

Shot a super scrappy even 72 from the whites.

I had a cobra 3w head arrive yesterday and put my blue 6r in it. First ball struck with it was at 7:30am today without any warm-up. Nice high ball flight and right in the center of the fairway. I hit 2 low hooks during the round that I'm sure are operator error but generally loved the combo and hit a number of nearly perfect tee shots today with the 3w.

This is the first 3w combo I've ever played where I actually felt like I was improving my odds of finding a fairway and felt no need to try and over hit. I've not had a fw wood in my bag in many years but I think one has found its way into may bag.

I play a Ventus Velocore 7S Blue. Only in my 3W. It's like a mini driver off the deck and today had a nice 240yd blast with it, setting up a simple approach to the pin on a par 5. the 8 out of 10 satisfying strikes with it outweigh the 2 slight misses (due to off season rust). boy, does it launch right and fiercely!

so i’ve had the blue in a driver i didn’t like, and didn’t like the blue.

i now have the red in a 4w, and i don’t like it at all.

anyone else feel completely left behind on the ventus craze?

so i’ve had the blue in a driver i didn’t like, and didn’t like the blue.

i now have the red in a 4w, and i don’t like it at all.

anyone else feel completely left behind on the ventus craze?

nope, I’m right there with you. I’ve had some good results from time to time, but overall too inconsistent to be in the bag long term.

nope, I’m right there with you. I’ve had some good results from time to time, but overall too inconsistent to be in the bag long term.

with the red, i hit a 250y 4w today. and hit a green from 225 into the wind. but i also blocked a few VERY badly on easy tee shots. it’s weird, man. i can’t recall another 7s that has felt so light, and also completely lost during the swing.

with the red, i hit a 250y 4w today. and hit a green from 225 into the wind. but i also blocked a few VERY badly on easy tee shots. it’s weird, man. i can’t recall another 7s that has felt so light, and also completely lost during the swing.
The 6s blue was the same for me. I could hit some great drives, but hook more than I ever have. It’s a timing issue but my swing tempo and that shaft just don’t fit.

I played the Blue Velocore 6S last season and really liked it (SS 105-108mph and smooth transition), probably the best shaft I've used. The only problem I have with it is that it's borderline too low spin for me (i'm pretty low spin with the driver as a general rule). I will occasionally get that ball the sort of falls out of the sky with sub-2000 spin.

I was thinking of trying a Blue 5S or Red 6S to get the spin up just a little. It's tough to find shafts to try out locally so I'm probably going to try to pick up something used in hopes I don't lose too much if it doesn't work for me.

Thoughts on throwing the money at the Red 6S vs. Blue 5S?

So.....

when do we get details of the new iron shafts being released? :p

I played the Blue Velocore 6S last season and really liked it (SS 105-108mph and smooth transition), probably the best shaft I've used. The only problem I have with it is that it's borderline too low spin for me (i'm pretty low spin with the driver as a general rule). I will occasionally get that ball the sort of falls out of the sky with sub-2000 spin.

I was thinking of trying a Blue 5S or Red 6S to get the spin up just a little. It's tough to find shafts to try out locally so I'm probably going to try to pick up something used in hopes I don't lose too much if it doesn't work for me.

Thoughts on throwing the money at the Red 6S vs. Blue 5S?
I just ordered a secondhand Red 6S to pair with my TSR2. I usually play black profile and was intrigued by it supposedly being a friendlier version of the black. I threw a red 7S into my TSR2 5-wood and love it there so fingers crossed! I’ll report back when I get some swings with the driver shaft.

I just ordered a secondhand Red 6S to pair with my TSR2. I usually play black profile and was intrigued by it supposedly being a friendlier version of the black. I threw a red 7S into my TSR2 5-wood and love it there so fingers crossed! I’ll report back when I get some swings with the driver shaft.

I ended up talking directly to Fujikura (they were surprisingly responsive and helpful). They said both the Red 6S and Blue 5S would help me add a little more spin, but since I already liked the profile/feel of the Blue, he'd lean toward the Blue 5S if I could not test in advance. I ended up picking up a used Blue 5S. I figure if I don't like it, I won't lose too much $$ reselling it and trying the Red 6S.

Back