CONTEST The Grandmama: Win A Full Bag Of Callaway Equipment, A Trip and More

Official Entry:

They have never been satisfied with being the best. Chrome Soft has been completely reinvented - from the Chicopee manufacturing plant's upgrades through the Triple-Track cover to deliver Tour performance for all players.

Chrome Soft has a 34% larger graphene-infused core for unprecedented speed, improved mantle for unmatched spin control, enhanced hex shaped dimples that reduces drag, and a 10% thinner ultra soft urethrene cover for the softest feel. Chrome Soft melds Nobel prize winning technology with Tour proven performance.

Whether you're playing trick shots in your home or challenging greens on the course, Chrome Soft delivers.

You know how they say Ted Williams could actually see the tumbling seams of a baseball? Imagine being able to play a urethane covered tour level golf ball that gives you the same super power. Chromesoft is already a fabulous all around ball, but the addition of Truvis makes the short game so much more fun (and your balls easier to locate).

What a cool contest for this event. I'm looking forward to reading through these later tonight.

I’ve played with many balls over the years. From lady balls to laddie balls to tiger balls, but my current ball, the CSxTT, is the best ever. I like the piercing trajectory and the available greenside spin. I like that it flies far and doesn’t stray far from my intended line (most of the time). Most of all, since my eyes are less than stellar, I enjoy being able to use the Triple Track tech to line up putts from behind until I get a line I can trust. I think the CSxTT has a firm spot in my bag.

This was my backup entry. Won't be the official one, but just wanted to give you all a heads up of what you'll be up against. Bring it boys

Z - Star review:
This is the ball I most played late last year. It has a special material (SeRM) in the urethane cover that provides significant benefits:
Provides a soft yet not flaccid feel on every swing​
A penetrating trajectory off driver leading to impressive distance​
Gets the ball out even from the scruffiest lies​
On the green, firm confident strokes are met with explosive results​
Durable, withstands significant punishment and almost welcomes it​

I bought some CLEAR golf balls on a wim recently and although they are good balls they are not notably better than the Chrome soft I normally play. Their spin, distance , durability is not up to Callway’s standard in my opinion. Undertand that cotest or not I’m have been a Callaway ball fan since the Chrome soft was first introduced but I am always looking for something to augment my game!!

My golf ball has a first name...

My Entry:

I tinker with my balls, just like Driver and Irons. I remember Balata, Revolution, PROv1 came along and I tried the next best balls for years. The last few years, as I switch to try one, I come home. She is long enough for me, she turns left when i ask, and she turns right. if I ask her to start low and climb, she doesn't ask why, just how high. If i ask her to go low, she smiles and goes low and she backs up when I need. She keeps my game consistent, And I don't wander anymore.

I have recently made the switch from ProV1 to Callaway Chrome Soft balls. About a month ago I had a fitting for a new set of Callaway Rogue Irons and during the fitting the pro said I should change to the Chrome soft balls. I have been playing more consistent since I have gotten used to the new irons and I believe the ball change has added some extra distance and consistency around the greens. Last week using a Chrome Soft ball I stuck my second shot with my 52 degree wedge in the hole on number 9 at Sewailo Golf Club. So now I am sold on the ball and happy with the investment in the irons.

Entry below (thank you for the opportunity):

My ball is white, has dimples, has various layers inside and I play golf with it.

BUT MY BALL IS BETTER THAN YOURS.

I start at the green and work back.

Putting: Ball is soft, yet audible for feel and distance control. Alignment aide support.

Around the green: Provides the green side spin and control I need.

Wedges: Crisp, flights well with control and one hop check.

Irons: Ball shirks the wind and maintains a strong, sure flight.

Long Game: Launches with high ball speeds, supportive spin.

I’m playing the X, model X ball.

Why aren’t you?

Offical entry:

Have been using this ball for the past 2 years now , enjoy the confidence it has brought to my game. From short game spin to long game distance and control it has all your boxes ticked.

Using a ball which takes out the guess work puts our games in the right direction for lower scores.

Has your ball instilled confidence in your game?

Official entry:

The Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis golf balls are likely to get you more “whoa, that was cool!” and “I could totally see the spin on your chip” types of comments than any other ball you might consider playing. While the cool factor is high for that reason, I like Truvis because seeing that spin offers nice visual feedback on all short game shots, including putts. Some Truvis actually pull off an optical illusion and look bigger if you hold them next to their plain white counterparts, which I’m convinced helps me focus more and (sometimes) play a little better.

Official Entry:
———————————————————

A year ago I was struggling to find a golf ball I was comfortable with. I’ve always been like other average golfers. Any brand I’d find on the course was my new favorite. Then I watched the great Tom Watson use a Chrome Soft Truvis at the U.S. senior open and I fell in love. I found a Truvis in a neighborhood garage sale, that I managed to keep for 3 rounds (personal best). The spin you can see on the ball instantly shaved strokes off my game around greens. For a “soft” golf ball it still seems to go pretty damn far. I found my ball.

Attachments

• 4B0DF5C4-ABDC-4AF0-B243-E9E0585AC868.jpeg
    4B0DF5C4-ABDC-4AF0-B243-E9E0585AC868.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 613576A7-ED2A-4CC0-B663-35F592381256.jpeg
    613576A7-ED2A-4CC0-B663-35F592381256.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 5
This is such a full circle moment, for me. I've been welcomed by this community since my very first post. However, it's nice to be "heard". @JB gave me the opportunity and responsibility of reviewing a ball for the forum not long after I had joined. I'm not going to lie. I was NERVOUS. I'm a high cap that didn't know a thing about how to review a piece of golf equipment (let alone a ball). I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between one ball or the other. But I felt a sense of duty, not only to JB for the opportunity and an anticipated voice on the forum, but to the community that had been so gracious in their acceptance of a guy just getting back into the game after a 5 year hiatus. There were people on here, that were at my playing level, that were interested in the product and a peer level review. Lo and behold here we are with the opportunity to attend the type of event that I've dreamed of since joining the forum through........................a ball review. Thank you THP and Callaway golf for the opportunity

Official Entry:

I was selected to review a ball for THP in 2017. Find which ball it was and I'll send you a dozen of the closest iteration of that ball that I have on hand.

I was recently playing a Tour level ball by the same company. I will send a sleeve to the first 3 posters who guess that ball with a caveat. You must review that ball against the CS20 and post your thoughts on this forum. I'll do the same.

Will the CS20 have the juice to find a spot in my bag? Let's find out. Engage!

^^^^End of entry.

Good luck everyone.

Great contest and super cool to have CMP at your disposal to help with getting your content in order.

Entry:
Chromesoft Truvis has been my ball of choice since 2015. It’s the ball I use to compare other balls too. I’ve sampled many others, but always come back to the Chromesoft. It has everything I want in a ball. Long off the tee and soft around the greens. I haven’t tried the 2020 model yet, but this year will be a big choice for me. Do I stick with the Truvis pattern which I love, or move to the Triple Track? Triple Track tech is proven to help alignment, but can I abandon my beloved Truvis?

Entry:

I'm playing the Titleist Pro V1x. I love the high spin and control of the ball. I learned to chip with my 60' wedge trying to land close to the hole with minimal roll and this ball has awesome feel and stopping power for my style of short game. I tried putting several premium balls side by side on the green and the Pro V1x felt the most natural. As a high handicapper my Irons can be inconsistent but I found the Pro V1x has the best stopping power on the greens.

Awesome contest and very generous from all parties. Thanks for the opportunity and good luck to all!

Very cool contest, enjoying reading the entries.

Good luck to everyone entering :cool:👊

ENTRY:

Callaway SuperHot Bold might not be your first choice, it wasn't mine either. I wanted to play the higher end balls.

This might be a surprise, but I tend to lose a golf balls. After losing a lot of more expensive balls, I decided I wanted something cheaper, but still with similar performance. I also wanted an easy to see color, something that really stood out when searching for errant shots.

Long Distance From Tee-to-Green? Increased Short Game Spin and Control? Yes to both
Matte Orange and Red, a 15 ball pack,reasonable price point. BOLD Performance.

My entry :
As a double digit handicapper my current ball was chosen based on cost, durability and performance as I lose balls and hit trees / cart paths occasionally. I test performance on my skytrak. With driver the ball launches well with between 1900-2300 spin on good shots. For irons I am a high launch and spin player. My current ball gives me roughly 5200 spin on my 6 iron. With partial shots I get good spin and a ball that checks and stops on the green. It has a soft feel / sound when putting and chipping. It checks all the boxes.

Some great entries in here so far! Keep them coming everyone!!!!!

Enjoying reading all the entries, somebody is going to be very lucky to be chosen to be a GrandMama participant!

My official entry:

If I'm confident, I'm playing well. With the right ball, my confidence soars. I know my drives will shoot off the face with perfect compression and hold their lines with low spin. I know when my approach shots hit the green, they won't roll off. And I know if I miss, my chips and putts will be deadly accurate because of the great feel.

I'm not going to execute every time. But if I don't believe in myself, I never will. A ball that inspires confidence is a game-changer, and the Chrome Soft has changed my game for the better.

Official Entry: (with notes to Jeff and the Callaway Production Crew and apologies to @Space Bandito )
Opening Scene: Show Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track ball jump on tee

Scene 2: Show driver striking ball with emphasis on the lower compression that provides for a much higher launch and more distance!
IMG_8326.jpg
Scene 3: Show me confidently picking out a club for my second shot because I have COMPLETE confidence that the thinner urethane cover will provide the spin and soft feel around the green that I need!
Scene 4: Close up of the Triple Track Lines as they roll off my putter and into the hole!
IMG_8243 (2).jpg
Scene 5: Another amazed pic of my self after birdie putt goes in!

Check the gate and THATS A WRAP!
Another EMMY for Jeff!

First off, I'd like to thank the fine folks at Callaway and THP for this opportunity. And good luck to everyone! Someone is going to be REALLY happy.

Official Entry:

Unlike a lot here, I didn’t choose my current golf ball based on layers, cover material, or even looks. I chose mine based on affordability, distance, and feeling and because of that, I play the Hex Soft. I’ve played every ball in Callaway’s current lineup, I keep going back to the Hex Soft. While I love the distance off the tee and irons, I find it lacking in green side and wedge performance. As my game improves and lose less balls to the water, it seems like the ERC Soft and Truvis will be making their ways into my bag.

Back