CONTEST The Grandmama: Win A Full Bag Of Callaway Equipment, A Trip and More

Entry:

This is my golf ball. There are many like it, but this one is mine. I must master it as I must master my swing. My golf ball, without me, is useless. Without my golf ball, I am useless. I must hit my golf ball true. I must hit straighter than those in my foursome who are trying to score better than me. I must hole my golf ball before they can. I will...Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its cover material, its core, its layers and its dimple pattern...My golf ball and myself are the defenders of pars (on a good day). We are the masters of our course. We are the saviors of my round.

So be it, until victory is ours...and there is no enemy, but peace!

oh wait...nevermind.

Entry:
“I’m playing the Ball that is going to change the Ball that you play.”

If you want a ball that is low spin off the tee & goes far.
If you want a ball that spins on green side shots allowing you to get it close to the hole.
If you want a ball that will help you make more putts

I’m playing that ball, why aren’t you?

Official Entry

The ball I playing for 2020 (For now) Is the Bridgestone Tour BXS. There are multiple things I look for in playing a ball. 1. Feel 2. Flight. 3. Spin. 4. Distance (We are lying if we say we do not care about distance). I feel this ball gives me the best combination of all of those at the moment. The ball offers a ton of green side stopping power. It has good distance off the tee, and the control off irons shots is amazing.

Tiger playing this ball is also a nice, because our games are so similar... :ROFLMAO:

Excited to read the entries! Good luck everyone!

Good luck to all!

Excited to see the entries for this!

Always fun when the contests get kicked off. This is sounding like it's going to be an awesome experience.

Thanks THP and Callaway for such a great opportunity.

Official Entry:

I admit it, I’m a golf geek, I like to tinker with my golf equipment, including my golf ball. I’ve tried many, and I’m sure I’ll try many more. Currently I’m hitting a 3-piece, urethane covered, mid-compression ball. This ball has a nice feel off driver and irons, with good launch height and low spin, which means good distance and direction, even when the direction isn’t where I intended. The urethane cover provides soft feel on and around the greens, with decent spin from the wedges. It’s a good ball, I like it!

IMG_7195.JPG
I chose the Callaway chrome soft triple track two month ago because I feel like this ball fits my swing speed of a hundred and five. The cover of the ball is soft yet very durable. I'm able to get high launch, good carry and roll out. Stopping ability on greens is next to none with great feel. Lining up the triple track is effortless and gives me a good line consistently. The specs, this is a four piece ball with a urethane cover, it has hex pattern and is around seventy-five compression.

The golf ball is a personal part of everyone’s game. I believe it’s the single most important piece of equipment we put in play every round. The golf ball has to live up to performance expectations on each shot and the 2020 Chrome Soft does for me. Whether it’s distance off the tee, performance throughout the bag, or spin control into the greens, there isn’t anything this ball can’t do.

I’m willing to bet you are leaving something on the table by not giving this ball a try. Have you tried the 2020 CS? Why or why not? Let’s chat!

Official Entry:

I am currently a 4 handicap and have been better in the past. When it comes to golf balls I have always been a polygamist. I have never had a long term healthy relationship with a golf ball. I am quick to check out the next cute ball that comes along and discard that infatuation just as easily. I believe there is a golf ball for me but I need help to find it. I am ready to be a one golf ball man. Grandmama help me find true happiness in a long term ball relationship.

While I’ve not been able to play the new 2020 Chrome Soft, I have had my fair share of experiences with an ingenious piece of tech on this ball, Triple Track Technology. Alignment aids are either loved or hated but for this guy, I’m a fan! Luckily I have a Triple Track ball along with my current gamer. With my highly scientific living room PuttOut setup, Triple Track gave me more confidence that I’m on the right starting line without taking a long time to align. How do you guys feel about Triple Track or alignment aids in general?

Last edited:
Another great THP experience. Good luck to all. My entry.
Through the years I have changed my golf ball choice often, many times moving to the new version. I loved the Red and Blue Callaways but preferred the Red. I loved the hexagon dimple balls and played them religiously. I have two Callaway Balls on my mantel each representing my only Hole In One's. My current golf ball is not a Callaway. Somewhere along the way Bridgestone stepped in and displaced the spot previously held by Callaway as the primary antagonist to Titleist. It may be time to reconsider my Golf Ball. Chrome Soft Truvis?

To up the stakes, Emmy Winning Producer, Jeff Neubarth, has informed us that you will have the Callaway Media Productions crew to assist in that creation.
I'm willing to bet Jeff chimes in on wanting his full Emmy count included in this post. Haha! I mean...but who's counting. :p

Man, having the media production crew available for the reviews would be sick! I racked my brain when I was writing my initial review and trying to think of a creative way to present it. Biggest limitation was myself :) Having a legit production team on hand to help would be insane. Could get really creative with it. I love what this event is shaping up to.

There it is fellas the first contest of the first Grandmama. Tell me about your balls, I'm all ears.
Well they are.... oh you mean golf balls. Never mind.

Seriously though, good luck to all who enter. This will be a heck of a trip.

Here goes nothing haha. This seems so awesome and looks to be a great time. Good luck everyone!!

Entry:
I primarily use the prov1x. Golf ball is personal and the piece of equipment that you use every shot and can either give you confidence, or completely take it away. It’s something that once you find the right one, you can be confident in any shot you play.

Mine checks all the major marks.

-it’s firmer feel gives me the feedback/sound I like

-increased spin from all clubs allows me to have proper flights/launches

-the added yellow helps me see it better

The negatives are there though. They are pricey if buying brand new from a retailer, but, they do fall in line with most tour balls.

I have noticed increases of speed and carry since moving to the ball after coming from a mix of srixon qstar and chromesoft from two years ago. Not saying soft is slow as a rule, but for me, I have noticed I hit a firmer ball farther/with more ball speed with the spin I need to make my game more consistent.

Enjoying reading the entries, Jason is going to have a tough time choosing!

My stab at this (have to admit the full production team for a polished review scares the beejesus out of me).

Golf balls are like tires, get the wrong tire and you put yourself in danger. Use the wrong ball and you put your card in danger of ballooning and frustration building. Having been through a ball fitting a while ago and not being put into Chrome at the time, having the opportunity to do this again could help move my game to lowering scores which is what everyone of us golf nuts wants. Adding the Triple Track alignment is the icing on the cake as this is my constant struggle in all aspects but especially on the green.

Entry:

The callaway ball is pretty darn good. I don’t notice a massive difference in distance, or spin, but it’s consistent. Consistent is better than spikes either which way. Triple Track though is like alignment cheating, and even if it’s just a stroke a round saved, that’s the difference between AS or beating Finley 1up on 18.

Entry:

My ball has all the right spin in all the right places; low off the tee, high everywhere else. It performs as expected on great strikes as well as mishits and feels so good through the bag.
But balls are personal (hehe) and not always judged objectively. I challenge everyone to try it and report back the total performance they find. Real golf on a golf course played by real golfers. Put it up against your current ball and let it speak for itself.
I bet you'll love how you dont need to sacrifice any 1 aspect for another.

Entry:

I am in a relationship with a golf ball. We have pragmatic love. Moments are steamy hot, and we fight at times. There are losses. We work through the grind of day to day playing. Our relationship is emotional and physical: Trust, confidence, lower spin, distance, curves, short game feel, and logo. My ball is premium, and I do worry about the cost. I want to play the field but put in the work to stay committed. I’m told this is a benefit. A new we could be entertaining and informative to others with some media help. :cool:
817C2FB0-DED3-468D-B785-10B5EAD542EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting. I've never really thought of my ball from a reviewer's perspective. It just is.

I shall go play it with the innocence of a first timer combined with the demands of a competitor and formulate an opinion worthy of this challenge.

Back