Greatest Double Album of all Time?

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Cream Gold or Wheels of Fire, Either of the Beatles greatest hits compilations. I also agree with most of the ones already posted.
Was a Sophomore in HS when Yellow Brick Road came out - Just blew everyone away.

What defines double album?

It basically refers to an LP or CD that has 2 physical "albums" included but is treated as one physical release due to the amount of songs and the capacity of the physical medium itself.

I messaged a friend of mine with this question? Is this the greatest Double Album of All Time? ⬇

View attachment 8943364
What say you THP?
Yes!!! First album I thought of when I saw the thread title! I got that album when I was in 7th or 8th grade and listened to it so many times I'm surprised I didn't wear the grooves in the vinyl out. I still enjoy it to this day.

The Clash - London Calling

As a 90's kid, I must have listened to this double-album top to bottom hundreds of times...

My 2nd choice after London Calling. Great call!

Not technically a double album, but 2 single albums released simultaneously - GnR, Use Your Illusion I and II
It counts in my opinion released on the same day just sold separately....

It counts in my opinion released on the same day just sold separately....

After lies this was life changing for me, came back to appetite for it’s all over class but this was a mega double album

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After lies this was life changing for me, came back to appetite for it’s all over class but this was a mega double album

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s so good... I saw them with Metallica & Faith No More in the Superdome on that tour.

Showing my age

Attachments

• 220px-Led_Zeppelin_-_Physical_Graffiti.jpg
    220px-Led_Zeppelin_-_Physical_Graffiti.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
  • kiss-alive-ii-magnet-m1870.jpg
    kiss-alive-ii-magnet-m1870.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2
  • download.jpeg.jpg
    download.jpeg.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 2
It’s so good... I saw them with Metallica & Faith No More in the Superdome on that tour.
I saw that tour at the Meadowlands. Big delays after both Faith No More and Metallica, but everybody played their full set, so Guns didn't get off stage until about 3am. Still remember a guy with a live 10 foot python around his neck trying to talk his way in through security. Dude, that just isn't gonna happen.

Smashing Pumpkins
1589598474753.png

Does it count if I owned it on tape? lol

Has to be Physical Graffiti no question, but then that was easy because Led Zeppelin was the single greatest rock band that ever was. Out of the Blue was pretty amazing too if ELO is your thing. Man you guys are making me nostalgic for real rock music...

Lo
I messaged a friend of mine with this question? Is this the greatest Double Album of All Time? ⬇

View attachment 8943364
What say you THP?
Love this. Best live album of all time? No doubt this was it. In a strange kind of way I feel like Frampton was underrated.

Lo

Love this. Best live album of all time? No doubt this was it. In a strange kind of way I feel like Frampton was underrated.
I think only because that album was the single best thing he ever did. His studio albums before that were so-so, and he never turned out anything worth much after it.

It basically refers to an LP or CD that has 2 physical "albums" included but is treated as one physical release due to the amount of songs and the capacity of the physical medium itself.

So, it's about the number of songs or simply the numbers of CDs?

Double Live Gonzo by Ted Nugent

Back