Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with living in a free society is that people aren’t going to always do what you think they should do....

That is the problem. According to some, we aren't smart enough to make our own decisions. They want government to do that for us. Whether it is locking people down, or telling people they can't drink Big Gulps anymore.

Good on you, as that is what it is for.
When we finally got a chance to go out, it was truly amazing. Even eating quickly and being out in 25 minutes, so worth it.

I dang near meandered our today, the first day of 25% capacity and social distancing seating here in Ohio. Then I didn’t as I realized I’d probably have to wait. When this fat boy is hungry, waiting bad. May still head to the end of my road and hit up 🍎 🐝 ‘s later tonight. Depends on if they have a drink of the month and what that drink is most likely. Need to do some research.....

Going to be weird for me and way less awkward for the pretty girl when I plop my old fat butt at the bar and am 6ft away from the pretty girl that I’d have plopped down next to in the past.... (kidding, kidding, but a funny thought).

That is the problem. According to some, we aren't smart enough to make our own decisions. They want government to do that for us. Whether it is locking people down, or telling people they can't drink Big Gulps anymore.

You take away my big gulps, diet of course, and we’ve got issues, lol. Milestone hit in the weight loss department today, 30# lighter than my fattest-still fat and a ways (weighs?) to go, but best weigh in in 10 years.

Was the stimulus cheque in the States only a 1 time payment?

Being responsible is fine, but his example(s) of being irresponsible were eating at a restaurant and getting a haircut. You know, cause those businesses aren't essential and all.

Got it - you can get a haircut safely. They are trained and licensed in sanitization, occupancy is limited, must wear a mask the entire time. They cleanup and sanitize after each customer. They wear gloves and mask. I had a haircut 10 days ago.

Restaurants - personal choice. I may go to an outside patio with distancing but will avoid the crowds and wear a mask when not eating.

China has another breakout and lockdown. That is the problem with this, it is not going away.

Got it - you can get a haircut safely. They are trained and licensed in sanitization, occupancy is limited, must wear a mask the entire time. They cleanup and sanitize after each customer. They wear gloves and mask. I had a haircut 10 days ago.

Restaurants - personal choice. I may go to an outside patio with distancing but will avoid the crowds and wear a mask when not eating.

I credit those masks with my weight loss. I keep trying to eat and the food bounces off my face. Excellent diet plan.

In semi-serious mode, I did one day forget my mask was on and took a drink of water.

Let me tell you waterboarding is not an “enhanced interrogation technique” it is indeed torture. I coughed and sputtered for 10 minutes.

The government knows better. It totally makes sense that McDonalds is essential . Also , some small boats are okay and others not okay.

So far; hopefully, it won't be 2-time or more.

Outside of normal unemployment, was anything else offered to those who don't qualify, such as contract workers?

They set up $2000 per month pay here for those who don't qualify for normal unemployment and had their job impacted by Covid. Also topped up all unemployment to that same $2000 per month.

Outside of normal unemployment, was anything else offered to those who don't qualify, such as contract workers?

They set up $2000 per month pay here for those who don't qualify for normal unemployment and had their job impacted by Covid. Also topped up all unemployment to that same $2000 per month.

They allowed self-employed and gig workers to apply for CARES funds, $600.00 a week until 7.31

Yes, unemployment + $600 per week.

I credit those masks with my weight loss. I keep trying to eat and the food bounces off my face. Excellent diet plan.

In semi-serious mode, I did one day forget my mask was on and took a drink of water.

Let me tell you waterboarding is not an “enhanced interrogation technique” it is indeed torture. I coughed and sputtered for 10 minutes.

I about to head out for 4.5 mi walk/jog. Got the Covid-10 Blues.

Struggling to find positive news out of Sweden right now.

A new study suggested that only a small percentage of people in Sweden's capital, Stockholm, had developed coronavirus antibodies, casting doubt over whether the country's avoidance of strict lockdown measures is helping the population develop a significant level of immunity.

The study, based on 1,100 tests across Sweden and carried out by the country's public-health agency, found that just 7.3% of people in Stockholm had developed antibodies, Reuters reported on Wednesday.

Experts say populations can achieve so-called herd immunity to a virus when about 60% of people have caught it.

"It means either the calculations made by the agency and myself are quite wrong, which is possible, but if that's the case it's surprising they are so wrong," he told the Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter, according to The Guardian. "Or more people have been infected than developed antibodies."

I honestly don’t know if the report was heavily slanted purposefully or not. But I honestly haven’t found much positive this week

Struggling to find positive news out of Sweden right now.

I honestly don’t know if the report was heavily slanted purposefully or not. But I honestly haven’t found much positive this week

I would encourage you to expand your searches. There is plenty of positive news plentifully available if you avoid mainstream outlets.

IMG_C1F7FBAFC87D-1.jpeg
IMG_5C9092922E42-1.jpeg

This is funny....

19478382-B27B-43E4-B852-3DA0F08F41AA.jpeg
True story...

When I came back from Las Vegas in Mid-February I had a REALLY bad allergy attack. That combined with a week in Vegas and disrupted sleeping and eating patterns, I was sick for about a week. I ended up having to sleep sitting up to keep breathing. Since then I wondered if I actually had Covid 19. This week I got an antibody test, results negative. I'm both relieved and disappointed. Disappointed because if it had been Covid I would be glad I had it and survived. Relieved that I didn't have it and therefore didn't infect anyone I had come in contact with.

When I came back from Las Vegas in Mid-February I had a REALLY bad allergy attack. That combined with a week in Vegas and disrupted sleeping and eating patterns, I was sick for about a week. I ended up having to sleep sitting up to keep breathing. Since then I wondered if I actually had Covid 19. This week I got an antibody test, results negative. I'm both relieved and disappointed. Disappointed because if it had been Covid I would be glad I had it and survived. Relieved that I didn't have it and therefore didn't infect anyone I had come in contact with.
From what I linked, based on Sweden’s analysis, it’s very possible that people infected with covid19 don’t usually develop antibodies. This was what surprised them, and could be an obstacle towards herd immunity.

From what I linked, based on Sweden’s analysis, it’s very possible that people infected with covid19 don’t usually develop antibodies. This was what surprised them, and could be an obstacle towards herd immunity.

If that were the case, and I ask this genuinely, wouldn’t it just make sense to say open everything immediately? Because literally the only other option would be to wait for a cure, and only the most extreme would think that would make sense.

93F97496-7ED3-4034-846D-9FFD0F2A76FD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back