Shot Scope V3 is Here!

Mine has shipped already and enroute. I’m sure they wouldn’t expect us Canadians to ship it back to the UK. Must surely be somewhere on this side of the pond?

What day did you place your order?

Well Canadians looks like no point in buying....
Only black in stock and won't ship until August 1. They then quote up to 6 weel shipping which means not getting it until right before golf season ends in most areas!
Plus while there is a money back guarantee it must ship back to England not USA. So shipping costs might be quite high.
That shipping date is only 12 days away. I bought mine on the upgrade deal in February and it didn't ship till June 18th and arrive July 7th. Some colours were sold out so fast I settled for black. But, it works great, aside from a couple of little issues I've had. I'm sure there will be retailers carrying them in Canada at some point, but probably not this season as I think it's very popular and likely the best option if you want stats, as well as a good value when you compare to other options. You could maybe buy one from a US retailer, which would get it quicker ? but then you would have shipping costs.

Used it for two rounds this weekend in GPS only mode. Actually got on great with it and wearing the watch didn't bug me at all. Saturday it rained most of the round (College Pines).....so it's definitely waterproof and it being buttons rather than touchscreen is a definite bonus. It did take quite a while to find the first course - but I was warming up on the range so wasn't an issue.

Second round Sunday - different course (Norwood Park - not one I've played much or recently). Was running pretty late after dropping off daughter so got to the first tee before switching the watch on. Actually found the course very quickly this time and was ready by time it was my tee shot. Reading looked very odd though at 250yards (when it's supposedly a 400 yard hole). Walking up the fairway (rough) the hole was getting longer.....realised it had picked up the 9 hole par 3 course. The full name of Norwood is quite long winded, so when picking the course and skipping left/right the name didn't noticebly change, but took a punt and it picked the right one. Just something to look out for as have seen a few comments about it not picking up the right course when there are 2+ on site.

Will add the tags when the new bats arrive and give the stats tracking a proper workout. No oddities noticed with the yardages in GPS mode (when the correct course selected!)

Have 3 rounds so far with the V3.
Some quick thoughts:

1) During my 3rd rd the battery died on the 14th hole (forgot to charge it) so that's on me. I finished the round tracking my shots using my Game Golf app so I had data to complete the round.
Once I charged up the unit today I was able to sync and get the first 14 holes to load up. Then it allowed me to build the remaining 4 holes which I used my Game Golf info for. So I was able to post all 18 holes. What's odd though is I noticed my driving stats seemed "off" for the round. Then I noticed in the performance tab there were only 10 drives on the Tee Shots grid. I looked to see which 4 tee shots were missing and it was the last (4) drives that I had to build manually. So for whatever reason it's not factoring in the drives I manually added post round.

2) Round 1 I used Putter A and had 32 putts. For rds 2 and 3 I used Putter B.
When I click on Putting stats and toggle to putter A it says I avg 17 putts per round. Since I only used it once the avg should be 32. So that is way off the mark.

3) Rounds 2 and 3 I used manually putting. For the most part this works pretty good. Only putt that seemed way off was on #9 yesterday I put a wedge to about 3' and made the putt, marked it and the pin and when editing my round it said I made a 22 footer.

4) Also yesterday it missed 2 or 3 chips. I am almost positive I took a full practice swing before making the chip but perhaps I didn't. Nonetheless I had to edit them in.

5) On a positive note, I mentioned a few pages ago how the data for driving and putting was showing in meters even though I have yards selected. Shot Scope reached out to me after a few days and said it was a known bug. Today both driving stats and putter seems to be showing in yards and feet now so that is good.

That shipping date is only 12 days away. I bought mine on the upgrade deal in February and it didn't ship till June 18th and arrive July 7th. Some colours were sold out so fast I settled for black. But, it works great, aside from a couple of little issues I've had. I'm sure there will be retailers carrying them in Canada at some point, but probably not this season as I think it's very popular and likely the best option if you want stats, as well as a good value when you compare to other options. You could maybe buy one from a US retailer, which would get it quicker ? but then you would have shipping costs.

12 days until shipping then up to 6 more weeks until received for nearly 8weeks or end of season.

Another round and another pile of missed strokes (12 ish this time).

Going through the data in a bit to see how much of it was me!

12 days until shipping then up to 6 more weeks until received for nearly 8weeks or end of season.
You may as well wait till next season ? I retired to the West Coast so I can play just about year round now. It seemed like I waited forever as I ordered Jan/Feb and was supposed to ship May but there were delays (Covid) Normally stuff from the UK would be here in 10-15 days but Covid has changed all that right now. I just noticed it goes up $50 after July 31st as the intro special ends.

Last edited:
I ordered mine from the UK (Live in Ontario) on July 12th, and that was just 8 days ago and received the shipping notice on the 14th, and now waiting for it to arrive. I imagine i will get it by the end of the month, another 11 days or so. Or at least hopeful. :)

That will still give me 2 months (August/September) of Shot Scope golf tracking.

Another round and another pile of missed strokes (12 ish this time).

Going through the data in a bit to see how much of it was me!

As usual almost entirely on me. Didn't add penalties during the round and since i generally forget to mark putts until I'm on the next tee box - it had those numbers fairly wrong. I think I added two shots total that were missed (both were almost whiffs that traveled about seven feet so the next swing was same club and real close to the previous shot AND i was in a rush / frustrated so I didn't pause / practice, etc).

Last edited:
OK, playing today and the watch is doing great until middle of 9th fairway. GPS freezes - nothing I tried could get it going again. Tried advancing to next hole and back, tried forcing a pin collect, viewing hazards - everything I could think of without ending the round and starting over. Nothing worked for me. I ended the round and started over again and it was fine - but I just started in GPS mode.

Anyone know if I had started a round again on hole 10 and ended it on 18 - is there a way to combine the two separate rounds that would be uploaded - one for the first 9 and one for the last 9. Guess for stat purposes it would not matter? In hindsight that is what I should have tried. Well if it happens again then I know how to recover. Any better ideas?

They have not notified me if my replacement watch has shipped (I am the one that lost a screw). So has anyone with a T2 or T3 size Torx driver tried to see if they fit the custom screws? I would really like to know before buying a precision Torx set.

Thanks for any input.

First round with the V3 today. The unit didn't bother me to wear, and it was nice having the GPS numbers immediately accessible, but it missed a fair number of chips and bunker shots. At this point I'll assume I wasn't aggressive enough with my practice swings on those shots. Maybe it's me, but I find editing to be a tedious process. Fingers crossed the next round goes better.

I am up to about 8 rounds now. And in those 8 rounds its only missed 1 shot.

OK, playing today and the watch is doing great until middle of 9th fairway. GPS freezes - nothing I tried could get it going again. Tried advancing to next hole and back, tried forcing a pin collect, viewing hazards - everything I could think of without ending the round and starting over. Nothing worked for me. I ended the round and started over again and it was fine - but I just started in GPS mode.

Anyone know if I had started a round again on hole 10 and ended it on 18 - is there a way to combine the two separate rounds that would be uploaded - one for the first 9 and one for the last 9. Guess for stat purposes it would not matter? In hindsight that is what I should have tried. Well if it happens again then I know how to recover. Any better ideas?

They have not notified me if my replacement watch has shipped (I am the one that lost a screw). So has anyone with a T2 or T3 size Torx driver tried to see if they fit the custom screws? I would really like to know before buying a precision Torx set.

Thanks for any input.
I just checked my screws, a T4 fit perfectly and glad I did, 1 screw was real loose.

I ordered mine from the UK (Live in Ontario) on July 12th, and that was just 8 days ago and received the shipping notice on the 14th, and now waiting for it to arrive. I imagine i will get it by the end of the month, another 11 days or so. Or at least hopeful. :)

That will still give me 2 months (August/September) of Shot Scope golf tracking.
They won't even shp before August 1. They are quoting up to 6 weeks from ship date.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

What is the deal with practice swings? Sounds like you need to take some for it to detect shots?

What is the deal with practice swings? Sounds like you need to take some for it to detect shots?

That’s the theory according to Shot Scope. As they put it, it’s to sort of wake up the watch.

Maybe it's me, but I find editing to be a tedious process. Fingers crossed the next round goes better.

I don't know of a shot trscking system that doesn;t need at least some editing post-round.

That’s the theory according to Shot Scope. As they put it, it’s to sort of wake up the watch.

One of the biggest complaints about the V2 was battery life. By "going to sleep" the V3 conserves battery. I've yet to have less than 60% battery left after any of my rounds.

I don't know of a shot trscking system that doesn;t need at least some editing post-round.

I'm fine manually adding penalties, drops, etc, but it missed 8 swings for me in my first outing, two of which were full swing bunker shots. Trying to recall how far I was from the flag on short game shots is the part I find most tedious, and even then I'm only guesstimating. If I can get the missed shots to go away, I'll be thrilled with it.

Last edited:
Back